The Fast Food Thread

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
what i find amazing is that the price of hot dog and drink is $1.50 in Canada too.

THANK YOU COSTCO

Also the best poutine in the land

thumb_600.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dude I'm borderline mentally retarded, you should listen to my voice on my stream. It's a mix of Eeyore and an autistic 5 year old

Oldbased

> Than U
Drove by a Chipotle today and didn't realize we even had one in our town.
Aside from ecoli and other great things is this place worth trying for tacos and chip n dip food or stay away after the shit years back?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Drove by a Chipotle today and didn't realize we even had one in our town.
Aside from ecoli and other great things is this place worth trying for tacos and chip n dip food or stay away after the shit years back?
I eat at Chipotle as often as I can and have never regretted it.

If you haven't had it yet you should do so once.

It is not full of corn like that bullshit Moe's Southwest Grill. Corn in Mexican food ....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U

It is not full of corn like that bullshit Moe's Southwest Grill. Corn in Mexican food ....
Ya my idea of Mexican food would probably get me killed as well but building a 3 taco comparison it appears you get much more by weight for the same calories, less sodium/fat/carbs and more protein than say Taco Bell. Price isn't much different either.
That don't matter to many people in a fast food thread but it's important to me.
Shell loves guacamole and I'm pretty sure she would eat it every day if it was fresh and around.
Which of the 6 meats would you suggest? Looks like sofritas is out and chorizo has more sodium but the steak,chicken,carnitas and barbacoa are all within my targets.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Which of the 6 meats would you suggest? Looks like sofritas is out and chorizo has more sodium but the steak,chicken,carnitas and barbacoa are all within my targets.
Steak is the spiciest, not bad spicy, good flavor. A little hard to chew at times.
Chicken is the next best, great flavor, a tiny bit less spicy. Very easy to chew compared to the steak.
Chorizo is off your list but the only other meat I have eaten there. I am not quite a fan. I love chorizo but I need it with eggs. It doesn't work with rice and beans.

The sofritas, carnitas, and barbacao all taste good from the time I have sampled each but not what I want in my burrito.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I wish I could remember the name of that burrito place we ate at in TN several times. Hell was Chipotle around back in 2008? We ate there a few times. You would walk in and everyone would order the burrito and it had a food line and by the time you got done you had this 5 pound arm sized delight wrapped in foil for about $5. The thing was nuts! I'll probably do tacos though just to make it easier to portion it out and spread over a day.

After the nightmare I had this week with steak nearly causing my death in what was the weirdest thing ever to happen to me in my life with food I may go with chicken haha.
Remember a few weeks back when I mentioned wifey ordered Omaha Steaks and I burned my finger with the dry ice?
Well she baked a bacon wrapped filet mignon for me and it appeared awesome on the outside. When I went to eat it, it was 100% rotten or something. It had the consistency of dog food and smelled terrible. Bad thing was I was not paying attention and ate the first bite before I nearly hurled.
Keep in mind this wasn't using a knife, this was done with 3-4 swipes of a fork. It was like rotten dog food.
It arrived rock solid frozen so I am not sure if it broke down, was aged and rotten or was what the fuck. I have never seen a steak like dog food before. It had 0 structure to it but until I stuck the fork in it appeared 100% as a thick steak.
Left a bad taste in my mouth so to speak and we never had this issue with Omaha before.
The horseradish sauce though was unbelievably good!

eeep.jpg

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Are you sure that's not ground beef? Steaks don't typically just disintegrate like that, whether they're rotten or not. Looking at Omaha Steaks website I don't think they sell a bacon wrapped hamburger patty but that's sure as hell what that thing looks like.

Oldbased

> Than U
Are you sure that's not ground beef? Steaks don't typically just disintegrate like that, whether they're rotten or not. Looking at Omaha Steaks website I don't think they sell a bacon wrapped hamburger patty but that's sure as hell what that thing looks like.
100% positive and it stumped us as well because until disturbed looked fine. We've had quite a few steaks from them and never had an issue.
I've never seen one do that either but to be honest it didn't have ground beef structure it was more like a slimey blender beef. I still don't know what it was or what happened.
We cooked up another and it was pretty damn good and it came in the same delivery.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ya my idea of Mexican food would probably get me killed as well but building a 3 taco comparison it appears you get much more by weight for the same calories, less sodium/fat/carbs and more protein than say Taco Bell. Price isn't much different either.
That don't matter to many people in a fast food thread but it's important to me.
Shell loves guacamole and I'm pretty sure she would eat it every day if it was fresh and around.
I like their carnitas as long as it doesn't appear to be a dry batch. On other hand can be soggy if the widget doesn't let spoon drain. With corn and tomatoes black bean brown rice and a slather of sour cream

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Chorizo > Barbacoa > Chicken > Steak > Carnitas

Really, all of them are tasty. I think carnitas tends to be the driest and blandest, and chorizo has the most flavor. Steak can sometimes be hit or miss because of how it's cooked. I like it tender, but sometimes they overcook it and it isn't nearly as good. I get them all and it just depends what kind of mood I'm in and how many calories I want. Chorizo is super high calorie compared to chicken, which is damn low.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>

Um...corn is indigenous to Mexico.

In other non Mexican food talk...I am going to a place named Stacked STL today...looks promising. :) and worth starving myself for two days.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Corn is generally just good in lots of stuff. Like its not in traditional ramen but even the Japanese have kind of embraced having it in there.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Um...corn is indigenous to Mexico.

In other non Mexican food talk...I am going to a place named Stacked STL today...looks promising. :) and worth starving myself for two days.
Ha, I was wondering what he was talking about. Ever heard of elotes? I thought you lived in SD once upon a time a_skeleton_03!
Corn is a garbage vegetable for poor people to fill up on. It has no nutrients and just scrapes your intestines for hard shits.

It's also the most terrible version of Mexican food called Tex-Mex. We don't eat that garbage in San Diego. I don't think I had any corn other than ground up for tamales or tortillas in Mexico and we own property in San Felipe. I spent many a week in TJ, San Felipe, and Rosarito.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Corn tastes good. Buttered up corn on the cob, fresh off the grill? Get the fuck out of here.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users