The Fast Food Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
False. BK fries are never better because even at their best they are trash tier fries.
the best BK fries will always greatly be better than poor maintained MCdee fries.

first McD fries are fried once already in the plant, then frozen, here is where the issues lie. Depending on supply chain, the fries could thaw and crystalize, and even then when fries are being restocked in a local store, they could just sit there and thaw out.

Then frys are usually taken from the big freeze to the fry freezer and usually they just dump a bag out, onto the baskets, if they're lazy, they'll dump a whole load of frys into the baskets instead, letting the frys thaw and stick together.

then its oil time, has it been recycled (cleaned) on the regular? are they frying other shit in there? are there burnt pieces on the bottom, affecting taste? is the temp proper? is even the timer correct?

Point of failure is everywhere, your best bet is to find a McDees that is always busy, so stuff isn't just sitting around.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
lately my McD's have been super light on the salt for fries - not sure if that is everywhere. but it has been consistently that way here for over a month.

Mac sauce has not been light here.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lately my McD's have been super light on the salt for fries - not sure if that is everywhere. but it has been consistently that way here for over a month.

Mac sauce has not been light here.
if they're light on the salt in fries, the salt shaker is likely
1. old
2. old and clogged up w/ oil.

it's not even about training, b/c it's a push button (not the old style shake/shake/shake) so it's the fault of the salt distributor.

• 1Quality Calories

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Simply not true. Absolutely false.

IMG_8570.JPG

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lots of places have amazing fries: Culver's, Chik-fil-A, In-N-Out, Five Guys, etc, hell even KFC's potato wedges have a pretty solid chance (if you feel like rolling those dice) of being better than the average fast food fries.

Neither McD's nor BK's fries belong on that list though, not even the fries from the Magical Fairyland location staffed by Unicorns. So does it really matter which one is grosser? What's up for discussion next, gum scraped off the bottom of a park bench vs gum scraped off the bottom of your shoe?

• 1Solidarity

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Whataburger fries are my favorite fries. They always come out crispy and hot. Plus they have spicy ketchup which puts them over the top.

• 1Quality Calories

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
if they're light on the salt in fries, the salt shaker is likely
1. old
2. old and clogged up w/ oil.

it's not even about training, b/c it's a push button (not the old style shake/shake/shake) so it's the fault of the salt distributor.
I'm almost certain old style shakers are still in effect..

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lots of places have amazing fries: Culver's, Chik-fil-A, In-N-Out, Five Guys, etc, hell even KFC's potato wedges have a pretty solid chance (if you feel like rolling those dice) of being better than the average fast food fries.

Neither McD's nor BK's fries belong on that list though, not even the fries from the Magical Fairyland location staffed by Unicorns. So does it really matter which one is grosser? What's up for discussion next, gum scraped off the bottom of a park bench vs gum scraped off the bottom of your shoe?
Hardee's fries are barely worth eating when they're free.

• 1Supertaster

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Went to Gus's Fried Chicken(only 20 locations in 11 states). I was skeptical cause I was told their chicken has very little breading, and I love me some think extra crispy breading.

It does indeed have minimal/no breading, but still it was was absolutely delicious. Had an excellent amount of spice, very juicy without squirting boiling grease like kfc/popeyes.

Mac and cheese was also amazing. They do not skimp on the cheese, they actually top off each serving with a scoop of shredded cheese, even without that it would have been a good enough ratio of cheese/noodles. Was gooey and oh so cheesy.

Few dollars more for a meal than than kfc/popeyeys and worth every penny.

10/10 fastfood scale. will eat again asap.

*They have table service so maybe it's unfair to rate them vs legit fast food chains. but I got my $10~ meal to go in about 5min. So I count that as fast food.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Their fries suck. That's why I get two burgers,

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I keep saying this. Curly fries are regional. They stopped here like two decades ago (I occasionally ask and all I get are blank stares)
You should burn that motherfucking abomination to the ground then

Edit: OK, so apparently some have waffle fries? Someone needs to get these and report

Carl's Jr.®