The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Papa John's is the worst, even if they had a super model delivering.

#allpizzatastesthesame

Correction: all mom & pop pizza places taste the same cause they all use the same Sysco-delivered shit. However, there is a distinct difference in taste between Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, and Dominos. I assume that's because those are large enough chains that they use a ton of proprietary stuff instead of ordering generic ingredients from warehouse suppliers.

• 2Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

Says the guy who lives in Florida.

You keep believing the half dozen local pizza joints all use distinctly different ingredients. Just like I'm sure all your local Italian places make their own stuffed pastas instead of ordering frozen shit from the same warehouse.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
South Florida food scene is some of the best in the country. Again...your pizza places just suck.

I'm not saying every mom and pop pizza place is doing fresh/local stuff, but if you can't find ones that are...move somewhere better.

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

opinionated.gif

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Please 'quality calories' my post. Thank you.

• 5Supertaster
Reactions: 4 users

kudos

<Banned>
Says the guy who lives in Florida.

You keep believing the half dozen local pizza joints all use distinctly different ingredients. Just like I'm sure all your local Italian places make their own stuffed pastas instead of ordering frozen shit from the same warehouse.

I've found better pizza in Tampa, FL than anywhere in the DC/VA/MA area so far. Florida actually has a lot of Italians.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
American pizza and Italian pizza have almost nothing in common. American pizza is far, far better.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've found better pizza in Tampa, FL than anywhere in the DC/VA/MA area so far. Florida actually has a lot of Italians.
i've had a fair amount of pizza in va, a bit in dc and like 2 stops in ma... and yea all shit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Pizza is just dough, sauce, and cheese with random meats and vegetables. Even if every place is supplied by cysco they'll taste different due to how they season it, prepare it, store it, and cook it.

I'm pretty sure everything at pizza hut comes frozen as they've been out of pizza shells a few times when I've called. Domino's is super low quality crap, I can't even believe anyone likes it. I've never even met a person that liked papa John's.

Saying they taste vastly different is like saying all hamburgers taste the same because it's all ground beef, but you prefer McDonald's and BK because because they have a distinct taste from home made ones.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've always gotten the same one, yeah. Although I tend to order it at the same time on the same day (usually Friday evenings), so that probably just happens to be her regular shift.

At the Papa John's I used to work at, the delivery drivers tended to prefer taking addresses/names they already recognize. It's quite likely she sees your address and says "oh, I'll take that one."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My wife likes Papa John's. The shit I put up with...

I used to eat so much Papa John's when I worked there. They let me take home a pizza or two every shift. Idk if I would have enjoyed it as much if it wasn't free, but looking back all I remember is mmmmmmm.

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Only slathering papa johns pizza with a gallon of garlic butter does it become edible. Their crust tastes like cardboard as well. It is overall just really shit pizza. I'd never get it over Domnio's or Pizza Hut. That super thin crust pizza at the Hut is pretty legit. Makes a great meat lover's vessel.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Of those 3 at least pizza hut is the least cheap feeling. Agree that papa John's sauce is aids. Papa Gino's is my jam up here if I'm going chain.

McCheese

I think I forgot to mention that part of my weekend binge was a KFC zinger sandwich. Nothing "zinger" about it. The Nashville Gold tenders I got with it were considerably spicier.

As an aside, soaking biscuits in the Nashville Gold sauce is AMAZING.