The Fast Food Thread

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Pizza Hut keeps sending me offers to do a survey rating my previous meal in exchange for a coupon code good for $10 off a $20 order. I've just been chaining them together because they keep sending the surveys even for the meals I use the coupon on.

Might get the wings next and compare notes with you McCheese McCheese .

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
I went a bit off the rails yesterday and ate a metric fuck ton of junk food, and included in that was a 16-count of honey bbq boneless wings from Pizza Hut. It's been a year or more since I ordered them, but this is what they always used to look like:

View attachment 141323

However, when I got them, they were just plain breaded/fried wings with the bbq sauce in a container on the side. What the fuck is that? They can't even toss the fucking wings in the sauce now? Is this normal or is my local Pizza Hut just especially shitty? I was tempted to take a picture, but this was halfway through my binge and my phone was in another room so I said fuck it.

*Edit* Here is a stock picture from the internet that looks exactly like what I got:

View attachment 141324

How pathetic is that.
Wow. I used to get Pizza Hut all the time before the hipster menu came out a few years back. Half price wing night was always good though.
I'm a boneless kind of guy and Shelly only wants traditional. It ended when they removed/moved Lemon pepper to a dry rub.
That second picture angers me.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I had Wendy's while I was at PHX the other day. Damn the spicy chicken sando is still probably the best fast food sandwich out there besides an In-N-Out burger. Wendy's really nailed it with that one. Even my fries were good.

• 1Like
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande

Ari-Gold-Get-The-Fuck-Out.gif

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I tried the half pound roast beef sandwich at Arby's today. I'm sorry to report that half a pound is too much. Bun was soggy and I couldn't keep the beef in the sandwich. It tasted good but it just had too much beef in it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I tried the half pound roast beef sandwich at Arby's today. I'm sorry to report that half a pound is too much. Bun was soggy and I couldn't keep the beef in the sandwich. It tasted good but it just had too much beef in it.

...aren't you a cattle rancher? WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

On my arbys trip the other day I had my pork belly sammy and gyro for lunch. Said I was getting dinner too so got my wife a girl sammy and got myself two half pounders with an asston of arby sauce packages, thinking i'd save the 2nd half pounder for the next day.

Ate one, doused in sauce. Felt good, felt full, said fuck it ate the other one. Instant regret, questioning my life choices, told myself I'm going to eat healthy as fuck the next month, wondered if I should go force myself to puke. Shat my brains outs instead both later that night and the next day.

Gotta say though, they completely changed thier biggest roast beef sandwich option. Quite a few years ago when I lived in florida the 'half pounder' (was called somethign different back then) had a much wider much sturdier bun and I think had more than a half pound of meat. It was way better then their current biggest roast beef.

• 1Quality Calories

Oldbased

> Than U
Just white out where I put Kiroy and put your name and a ,
They sent these out this weekend for insiders list.
Cheaper than the like $3-4 sandwich plus you get something to wash it down with.
Can use over and over at all the Arby's. I stopped 3x yesterday cause I am cheapo.

arby.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I went a bit off the rails yesterday and ate a metric fuck ton of junk food, and included in that was a 16-count of honey bbq boneless wings from Pizza Hut. It's been a year or more since I ordered them, but this is what they always used to look like:

View attachment 141323

However, when I got them, they were just plain breaded/fried wings with the bbq sauce in a container on the side. What the fuck is that? They can't even toss the fucking wings in the sauce now? Is this normal or is my local Pizza Hut just especially shitty? I was tempted to take a picture, but this was halfway through my binge and my phone was in another room so I said fuck it.

*Edit* Here is a stock picture from the internet that looks exactly like what I got:

View attachment 141324

How pathetic is that.

Second pic is how I prefer wings via delivery. So long as they provide plenty of sauce, its far superior. It all comes down to preserving the crunch from the skin / breading on the wings. If you toss the wings in sauce and then let it sit for 10-20minutes for your delivery, it becomes soggy and gross. Get your delivery nice and hot, then toss them in sauce and they are better served that way.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
...aren't you a cattle rancher? WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!?

Quite a few years ago when I lived in florida the 'half pounder' (was called somethign different back then) had a much wider much sturdier bun and I think had more than a half pound of meat. It was way better then their current biggest roast beef.

You guys are right, it wasn't too much beef so much as not enough bun and a poor job of stacking it. They used to call the big sandwich the "Big Montana" and it was quite a bit better than what I had yesterday.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I refuse to eat pizza hut. The local one always messes up our orders or undercooks the food. When I went to pick It up the building is in shambles. Like straight out of 1991 and never repaired over the years.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Second pic is how I prefer wings via delivery. So long as they provide plenty of sauce, its far superior. It all comes down to preserving the crunch from the skin / breading on the wings. If you toss the wings in sauce and then let it sit for 10-20minutes for your delivery, it becomes soggy and gross. Get your delivery nice and hot, then toss them in sauce and they are better served that way.

I did carryout instead of delivery. I only do delivery for Papa Johns, and that's because the delivery girl is really pretty.

Anyway, I've never had an issue with the wings being soggy before. They always used to come just like my first picture and they were perfectly crunchy. Really though, the breading on the second batch was more akin to those shitty dinosaur nuggets they sell for kids in the grocery store than what you'd expect from boneless wings. Even looking at those two pictures, you can clearly see the breading is different, with the first picture showing nice thick, crunchy breading, and the second having that soft, fine breading.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Papa John's is the worst, even if they had a super model delivering.

#allpizzatastesthesame

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Your Papa Johns has the same delivery girl every time?

I've always gotten the same one, yeah. Although I tend to order it at the same time on the same day (usually Friday evenings), so that probably just happens to be her regular shift.