The Fast Food Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Is that the Pinnacle of NY pizza? Yikes
That's tourist food, for bombass pizza take the N down to 18th av in Bklyn and stop by J/V's or Davincis for a sicilian or walk 5 blocks to Krispys or take the D to 71st, I personally goto Knapps cuz thats just my hometown joint, but honestly you can take any Bklyn bound yellow or orange train (not blue, that goes the dindu's), get off and there will be a pizzarria a block from the train station that will probably be great.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's tourist food, for bombass pizza take the N down to 18th av in Bklyn and stop by J/V's or Davincis for a sicilian or walk 5 blocks to Krispys or take the D to 71st, I personally goto Knapps cuz thats just my hometown joint, but honestly you can take any Bklyn bound yellow or orange train (not blue, that goes the dindu's), get off and there will be a pizzarria a block from the train station that will probably be great.

Brooklyn is the best and also 1-2 hours outta the way for many tourists once you count the line and walk. For an amazing Manhattan slice that place is hard to beat sitting right on 8th.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Brooklyn is the best and also 1-2 hours outta the way for many tourists once you count the line and walk. For an amazing Manhattan slice that place is hard to beat sitting right on 8th.
naw they won't have stupid crazy lines, and they're literally a block away from the train stations, you're thinking of old man fara pizza, which is shit... he just has a lot of exposure on the food network.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I know you're making fun of me, but it's fucking true. I've had pizza in Brooklyn, and it was no different than the typical new york style pizza I get from mom and pop places in Maryland.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kudos

<Banned>
I know you're making fun of me, but it's fucking true. I've had pizza in Brooklyn, and it was no different than the typical new york style pizza I get from mom and pop places in Maryland.
McCheese I'm pretty sure you'd say Sbarro is the pinnacle of NY pizza.

I'm just kidding. We seem to both agree most pizza places are shit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had pizza all 4 days of memorial weekend. Two local places and also pizza hut. Pizza hut was so far beyond shitty

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

kudos

<Banned>
Pizza is one of those things where you have a great version and you can't go back to mediocre. I'd rather eat an entire different food than eat shitty pizza.

Chinese is the opposite. It's all the fucking same in the end. Some is made better but throw some spicy chili oil on it or something and you've made it good enough.

• 1Supertaster

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Chinese is the opposite for me. There's two decent to good Chinese places near me, and with that those shopping center China Rangrang places are just done for me. Shit is gross.

kudos

<Banned>
I think Chinese food is more about what you order than where you order. Some places do some dishes better but in the end they all make something you'll like. Pizza is pretty basic so it's either good or shit from the start with the dough, or sauce, or cheese.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't mind Papa John's - mostly because of the garlic futter. Prefer other options, but it's hard to justify the price hike. But pizza is typically on the bottom of my delivery order list. Thai and Indian just about always take priority.

kudos

<Banned>
I had Indian delivery 3 times in the last week. It's easily God-tier delivery if you can find a good place.

• 1Solidarity

kudos

<Banned>
From where?
City Kabob & Curry House. Their naan is pretty shitty but it's good enough for what it's used for and it's massive. I even used it as a tortilla for an Indian burrito for my leftover chicken kadai. Their actual entrees are some of the best FOR THE PRICE that I've found.

If money isn't a care then I reccomend Royal Nepal in Del Ray for their butter chicken. They also have delivery options (I usually use DoorDash or BeyondMenu depending how shitty the sites delivery surcharge is & if GrubHub jacked the menu prices up too much). What I've gathered from the 2 times I've had it is they throw their tandoori chicken into the sauce so you get both flavors. That grilled charcoal taste and the sauce.

Delivery services are a great way to find new places and then just Googling for their website and ordering off there. It's always cheaper that way. I mean they are good if the place doesn't normally deliver but I've found some places I'd never find that delivered for cheaper themselves.

Last edited: