The Fast Food Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Dorito flavors are pretty enjoyable, but I hate the lasting breath consequences. And the bullshit on your fingers.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Licking sticky Doritos fingers is one of the best parts. Lol at the thread's resident elitist to complain about getting dirty while eating finger foods.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dorito flavors are pretty enjoyable, but I hate the lasting breath consequences. And the bullshit on your fingers.

Never been a thing for me - even for cheese curls and shit - is it a sweat thing or something? I don't sweat very much at all.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Licking sticky Doritos fingers is one of the best parts. Lol at the thread's resident elitist to complain about getting dirty while eating finger foods.

But I like BBQ. Which is the messiest of all. But the taste is worth it compared to fucking Doritos.

McCheese

Oh man, well if I had to choose between only having either bbq or Doritos for the rest of my life, I'd choose Doritos in a heartbeat.

• 4Supertaster
Reactions: 3 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Oh man, well if I had to choose between only having either bbq or Doritos for the rest of my life, I'd choose Doritos in a heartbeat.
nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

Vaclav

You clearly have had shitty BBQ then. Good BBQ is a no contest, slam-dunk win.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
You've brought down a pox on our houses McCheese.

The Firehouse King's Hawaiian may never come around again in our lifetimes.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Liking Doritos more than tri-tip or pulled pork is fucked up man.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

You underestimate how much I love Doritos.

Don't get me wrong Dorito's are quite good, frankly amazingly so for a common to find snack food, they're top tier for a snack - but say a great BBQ is lesser, no damn way. BBQ snacks? Sure most of them are mediocre - but honest to god, smoked over 5+ hrs with a nice rub and a solid sauce pork, no damn way. Unless you're from a kosher/halal culture.

McCheese

Hey, I never said that Doritos were better than bbq. I just said that I would personally choose Doritos over bbq if I could only ever have one for the rest of my life.

Typical narrative of this thread, people spreading fake news by putting words into my mouth.

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 2 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Brisket, pulled pork, bbq wings, etc. or.... Doritos.

McCheese isn't one to troll, so either he's trying something new, or he's a fucking asshole.

Vaclav

Hey, I never said that Doritos were better than bbq. I just said that I would personally choose Doritos over bbq if I could only ever have one for the rest of my life.

Typical narrative of this thread, people spreading fake news by putting words into my mouth.

So you'd rather have a lesser item for the rest of your life if you had to give up one? So what you're really saying is "I could have Dorito's basically daily, but BBQ I wouldn't want to have nearly as often".

That's kind of typical of snack food vs. entree though - pallet gets bored of savory quicker than salty.

I'd say similar of almost anything pretzel-related - even my beloved Ribeyes I insist on making 1-2 times a week I would sacrifice easier than never having pretzel items in my house again.

Hell, I'd find it easier to get rid of any single entree item than even most vegetables (except brussels - fuck them, only buy them because the wife is nuts for them) simply because of how savory cravings function with me (and I'd assume humanity as a whole).

[Interesting note though - I do prefer Dorito's to pretzels, but I burn out on them if I overdo them - pretzels I could have every day until I'm in the grave and never tire of them]

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Those statements are practically synonymous to me.

McCheese

Those statements are practically synonymous to me.

Friend Vaclav summed it up really well. I could throw down with Doritos any time any day for the rest of my life and never get tired of them. BBQ, sure, I love it, but it's not an "anytime" food and I could see myself getting tired of it at some point. I'd hate to choose BBQ over Doritos and then get tired of it in a year or two, and forever be yearning for my Doritos. On the other hand, I could easily go the rest of my life without eating BBQ and not really miss it. That doesn't mean I don't think a meal of bbq tastes better than a meal of Doritos, though. I just hardly ever eat bbq, maybe a few times a year?

So no, it's not the same as saying x is better than y.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user