The Fast Food Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That reminds me of a ramen/sushi joint I used to go to in the bay area. They had these little individually wrapped cheesecakes that were amazing. They tasted like cheesecake but they were sort of light and fluffy. Never seen anything like it anywhere else.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That reminds me of a ramen/sushi joint I used to go to in the bay area. They had these little individually wrapped cheesecakes that were amazing. They tasted like cheesecake but they were sort of light and fluffy. Never seen anything like it anywhere else.
was it like a angelfoodcake+cheesecake, texture? if so that's a japanese cheesecake.
japanese-cheesecake-1.jpg

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll have to take pics of them next time. They are like $3 a pop iirc.

While mostly like the moon, looks like it has a crisp or firmer outside than mine. Smooth topped with a food dye pattern.

In any case amazing and along with marzipan and stuff like general tsos I'd like to learn to make. But I'm not a big cook of fancy things.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'll have to take pics of them next time. They are like $3 a pop iirc.

While mostly like the moon, looks like it has a crisp or firmer outside than mine. Smooth topped with a food dye pattern.

In any case amazing and along with marzipan and stuff like general tsos I'd like to learn to make. But I'm not a big cook of fancy things.
it might be more regional? where are you based at? also general tso is pretty simple, just get a good ratio of shaoxing wine/soy/rice vinegar/sugar, this is your sauce

and coat the chicken in toasted sesame seeds(not dredged just sprinkled, this gives it a crunch) corn starch AND THEN dredge with flour, not mixed together, to get that crisp.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Colorado. Packaging would tell me more where produced. The market has sections for all flavors of Asian. Even thai roasted grasshoppers....

When i say basic cooking im talking burgers steak, or if i get fancy "rotel" which is cans of rotel, black bean, frozen corn browned burger and pepperjack cheese..... Other fancy meals are essentially similiar mix and heat lol..... :(. Hate spending a lot of time coming and eating.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
maybe it's daifuku?
230px-Daifuku_1.jpg

either way that place is a legit asian grocer
https://www.yelp.com/biz/pacific-ocean-marketplace-aurora

eh whatever, from a few pics that place looks great, see those hanging ducks go up to the window and order half a pound, and ask for half a pound of roast pork as well.

if you need more info on stuff, just snap a pic and i'll do my best to help you out.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Okay, in the last few months I've had Five Guys a few times. Every time I eat there I feel like shit the following day. Their burgers are so bloody greasy, I can't take it.

I guess I'm weak. I'm done with five guys.

• 2Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Okay, in the last few months I've had Five Guys a few times. Every time I eat there I feel like shit the following day. Their burgers are so bloody greasy, I can't take it.

chances are, if you have one five guys, theres a different five guys near you, try a different store, it's really hit or miss imo since the burgers are cooked old school, via spatulla and flipping.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
chances are, if you have one five guys, theres a different five guys near you, try a different store, it's really hit or miss imo since the burgers are cooked old school, via spatulla and flipping.

There's only one here. I'd try another one, but I'll never go back to that one.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

It may just be getting old. I used to have an iron stomach. Now if I know I am eating greasy or super spicy foods I'm taking some Pepcid or something.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The only thing I like about going to Five Guys is I can get those grilled fresh jalapenos on my burger. I think Culver's is my go to burger place atm though. Love me that cheddar burger with bacon.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got an In and Out? Order a double double animal style, give them your 3 bucks and never look back.

lurkingdirk is in some super rural part of Maryland to my memory - he's likely a thousand miles or more from one.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I eat at the Cane's in Kirkwood about once a week for lunch. I cannot stop myself, I constantly crave their food.

• 1Quality Calories

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Cains is 10 out of 10 when you go when it opens. The one by me opens at 9am. It is so good that I will over stuff myself with the caniac combo. The freshness and quality seem to go down as the day goes on. If I go for dinner it's 8 out of 10.

• 1Quality Calories