The Fast Food Thread

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
On the topic of shitty fast food workers, McDonald's is on the right track. Just automate the entire thing so I can order from a kiosk and have my shitty burger assembled by robots car-factory assembly line style. The less human interaction in my daily life, the better.

Make an app so you can order it from your phone before you even get there, walk in and pick it up, and go. Probably have to make it where you can pay as well so they don't get stuck with 100's of burgers nobody picks up.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Hekotat getting roasted up in here.

Just an FYI for anyone that still eats Pizza Hut. Completing this survey will get you $10 off $20 coupon.

http://www.tellpizzahut.com/websurvey/2/execute#/1

Can do it whenever you want, all you need is a store code. Just go to pizza hut website and search locations for the one you want, click on the store and the store code will be the last 6 digits in the URL (some store may be 4 digits).

Best to combine with their wing Wednesday, can get wings pretty cheap that way. I actually really like their boneless wings.

Spit roasted.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Make an app so you can order it from your phone before you even get there, walk in and pick it up, and go. Probably have to make it where you can pay as well so they don't get stuck with 100's of burgers nobody picks up.
That's the only thing that bothers me about those kiosks. I don't want to touch anything that the rest of those people are touching and then go touch my food. And the screens will be all greasy and fucked. Fuck the kiosks, just make an app.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
That's the only thing that bothers me about those kiosks. I don't want to touch anything that the rest of those people are touching and then go touch my food. And the screens will be all greasy and fucked. Fuck the kiosks, just make an app.

Do you use self check out at grocery stores? Do you use the ATM? Do you use those Coke Freestyle drink machines? Everything is dirty. That's a silly complaint to have about using kiosks.

Bubbleboy-4-962x722.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do you use self check out at grocery stores? Do you use the ATM? Do you use those Coke Freestyle drink machines? Everything is dirty. That's a silly complaint to have about using kiosks.

Self checkouts are all scanning and card/cash inserting - you don't have to touch anything most of the time except for stuff like produce. (Plus usually there's an attendant that's cleaning them off reasonably often)

Others are valid though.

McCheese

Self checkouts are all scanning and card/cash inserting - you don't have to touch anything most of the time except for stuff like produce. (Plus usually there's an attendant that's cleaning them off reasonably often)

Others are valid though.

I know the self check outs at my grocery store require you to push at least 3 or 4 touchscreen buttons: 1) select language; 2) finish; 3) payment type (credit or cash). And then if you have a debit number to punch in, need to sign using the attached electronic pen, or punch in your bonus card number you're touching the numbered keypad.

*Edit* Not to mention that just touching the cash you insert into the machine is incredibly filthy as well.

The point is that it's stupid to whine about this kind of stuff when we live in a world of filth and literally everything around us is dirty. A touchscreen at a McDonald's kiosk isn't going to make a difference.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Do some of you have this unstoppable desire to start sucking on your fingers after you touch something? You touch shitloads of things everyday that are dirty. I bet some of you bitching about touchscreens don;t even wash your fruit or veggies after they have been finger fucked in the store and in 2 other states before you eat them. Wash your fucking hands!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Use your knuckle to touch the touchscreen. If you're that paranoid about shit like this, I have to assume you carry around hand-sanitizer. Just spray yourself off afterward and then shove your double-quarter-pounder in your fat mouth and be happy!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I know the self check outs at my grocery store require you to push at least 3 or 4 touchscreen buttons: 1) select language; 2) finish; 3) payment type (credit or cash). And then if you have a debit number to punch in, need to sign using the attached electronic pen, or punch in your bonus card number you're touching the numbered keypad.

*Edit* Not to mention that just touching the cash you insert into the machine is incredibly filthy as well.

The point is that it's stupid to whine about this kind of stuff when we live in a world of filth and literally everything around us is dirty. A touchscreen at a McDonald's kiosk isn't going to make a difference.
A touchscreen in any fast food place will be fucking nasty. And there's no need for them. And you will go directly from touching that nasty shit to shoveling food into your mouth, no middle. This is my hill and I will die on it if needed, but I'm not paying for those fucking kiosks.

• 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

A touchscreen in any fast food place will be fucking nasty. And there's no need for them. And you will go directly from touching that nasty shit to shoveling food into your mouth, no middle. This is my hill and I will die on it if needed, but I'm not paying for those fucking kiosks.

Those Freestyle Coke machines are pretty ubiquitous now, but they aren't nasty and greasy. If anything, they should be MORE nasty than an ordering kiosk; you'd be touching an ordering kiosk BEFORE you order and touch your greasy food, whereas the Freestyle Coke machines are often used after people have already touched their greasy burgers and fries.

Science says you're wrong.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Those Freestyle Coke machines are pretty ubiquitous now, but they aren't nasty and greasy. If anything, they should be MORE nasty than an ordering kiosk; you'd be touching an ordering kiosk BEFORE you order and touch your greasy food, whereas the Freestyle Coke machines are often used after people have already touched their greasy burgers and fries.

Science says you're wrong.
Those Coke Freestyle things are pretty gross. The one at the 5 guys by me is consistently covered in a layer of film or grease or something.

McCheese

The next time you see a nasty Freestyle touchscreen, write an email to corporate and tell them, or throw some food at the workers or something. They really should have someone cleaning it off periodically, and literally involves nothing more than a quick wipe. I've never run into nasty touchscreens before.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
We need to establish ground rules here. Do we throw the food over the counter, like at the register? Or are we actually pelting employees with food? Cups and utensils as well, or just food? Food in the bag or out?

McCheese

We need to establish ground rules here. Do we throw the food over the counter, like at the register? Or are we actually pelting employees with food? Cups and utensils as well, or just food? Food in the bag or out?

Paging Hekotat Hekotat for proper food throwing procedure.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No, just sick your wife on them!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Use your knuckle to touch the touchscreen. If you're that paranoid about shit like this, I have to assume you carry around hand-sanitizer. Just spray yourself off afterward and then shove your double-quarter-pounder in your fat mouth and be happy!

I always use my tongue on the touchscreen to keep my fingers clean.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm

You realize they have bathrooms with sinks right. Was your hands after and shoulder the door open or open with a paper napkin.