The Fast Food Thread

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah so what is a Mission style burrito? cause that description made it sound like a... burrito.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've lived in Pittsburgh for 26 years and I've only everheardor "scrapple", never seen it served anywhere and never talked to anyone who mentioned eating it. Honestly have no idea what it is, based on context it sounds like a random mash up casserole.

Not sure what they should have gone with for PA though. Cheesesteak is pretty generic and there's multiple variations. Pierogis?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've lived in Pittsburgh for 26 years and I've only everheardor "scrapple", never seen it served anywhere and never talked to anyone who mentioned eating it. Honestly have no idea what it is, based on context it sounds like a random mash up casserole.

Not sure what they should have gone with for PA though. Cheesesteak is pretty generic and there's multiple variations. Pierogis?
Really? Here in Maryland I've had scrapple. While it's been a while, I believe it's fairly common at diners.

That said, it's nasty.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
yeah so what is a Mission style burrito? cause that description made it sound like a... burrito.
Basically. The burritos you get at Chipotle are Mission-style. Massive burritos. It's pretty hard to find the smaller burritos these days but they are around.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just ate the current Wendy's pretzel bun whatever with bacon. Meh. Overly oniony onion, wilty lettuce, and the bun barely tastes different from a normal one.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I swear to god no one would be able to tell the difference between a slice of that overpriced shit and a slice from Sbarro. For the most part, pizza is pizza.
I had real deep dish when I was in Chicago years ago and it was the most amazing thing I've ever eaten.
lol

mind_blown.gif

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
That burrito for California shouldn't have been our "state food" or whatever they are calling it. Fucking tri-tip is the most "California specific" thing we have, and also the best. We've had this discussion before, where most people have never even heard of tri-tip, and those that have are barely aware of it if they don't live here. You can get it all over the fucking place in California, so to me that's a more appropriate choice. And it is awesome, not just a "bigger" burrito.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That burrito for California shouldn't have been our "state food" or whatever they are calling it. Fucking tri-tip is the most "California specific" thing we have, and also the best. We've had this discussion before, where most people have never even heard of tri-tip, and those that have are barely aware of it if they don't live here. You can get it all over the fucking place in California, so to me that's a more appropriate choice. And it is awesome, not just a "bigger" burrito.
Naw, the CA food is avocado. According to national marketing, we put avocados on fucking everything. All the "California" prefix means on any menu item in every restaurant in the country is that they put avocado on it.

Tri-tip is fucking delicious.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I see what you are trying to point out, but I didn't contradict myself.

The point I was making about Uno compared to real Chicago deep dish is that Uno's "deep dish" is actually just a slightly thicker hand tossed, i.e, the same as pizza hut, etc. Authentic "deep dish" should be inches thick and require a fork to eat. This is a comparison of two different styles of crust.

Before, I was comparing pizza that largely has the same style of crust (hand tossed) so the comparison is more about the flavor than the actual style.

By the way, my name is fuckingMcCheese. Fast Food is what I do. I live it. I love it. I'll die by it. Period. You all are crazy to argue anything fast food related with me!

kudos

<Banned>
Pretty sure WaWa is better than any of the shitty sandwich chains you people have named so far.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Maybe if you don't have taste buds.
Or if you don't like cheese?

rrr_img_47044.jpg

So fucking good. The cinnamon and cumin in the chili really hits the spot. There's rarely enough cumin in chili. Steak n Shake is one of the other joints that does it right.

It's kind of bogus that Cincinnati-style chili got chosen as the "Ohio" food since it is primarily a Cincinnati thing. I guess Ohio doesn't have anything else that could qualify as unique.

I've had Rocky Mountain Oysters and they are far worse than Cincinnati chili.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Not going to lie. I love that Skyline pasta. If enjoying that is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The writer of that article doesn't like Chicken Fried Steak. Yeah, he's disqualified from life.

Pork Tenderloin is the food of Indiana for sure and it's not necessarily a super-awesome tasting thing, it's more like a "holy shit this piece of fried meat is the size of a serving platter and only cost $9!"

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I see what you are trying to point out, but I didn't contradict myself.
You gotta admit it sounds bizarre.
tongue.png

I feel kind of the same way about Kansas and "Hamburger Casserole", I thought that was a Hamburger Helper thing. And 99% of what I hear as "Kansas" food turns out being "Kansas City" food and even I have to grudgingly admit that Kansas City is more Missouri than Kansas. My gut feeling is that he got to Kansas and just picked something random, because even as a native I can't think of what a "Kansan" food would be.

No idea how Shrimp and Grits made #2 (da fuq?) How can this guy rip on legit food and then put the equivalent of a drunk Virginian's vomit as #2?

Also LOL @ New York being treated as NYC only, clearly the author has never tried any pizza outside of NYC and assumes that it is all the fucking same.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That list is horrible.

People put chili on noodles? What kind of fucked of shit is that? There are three choices for chili and that is it, in order of best to still delicious: 1. Frito Pie 2. Chili Hot Dog 3. Chili

Noodles... wtf is wrong with people?