The Fast Food Thread

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Can't. They gotta make room for coconut Dr. Pepper this year.

I'm a big Dr. Pepper fan, but I'm absolutely baffled how both the regular and zero strawberries and cream has a permanent spot on shelves. Like, it was an interesting flavor, but absolutely not something I could just drink straight on the regular.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I'm a big Dr. Pepper fan, but I'm absolutely baffled how both the regular and zero strawberries and cream has a permanent spot on shelves. Like, it was an interesting flavor, but absolutely not something I could just drink straight on the regular.

I like how you guys think I'm kidding.

Just wait.

And yeah - cherry Dr pepper was good for the first can. The second was alright. I think I had 7 cans left in the 12pk when it expired 10 months later. I don't fuck with Dr. Pepper flavors anymore. Shits gross.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

They need to bring back the real sugar Dr. Pepper. That stuff was awesome.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If they dialed back how sweet some of these drinks were I'd probably drink them, it really feels like in my mid twenties they doubled the sweetness or maybe it was switching to corn syrup that did it. I know it can still taste good, those Hawaiian sodas only have 20g of sugar and they are amazing.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Dr Pepper Cream Soda is elite tier drank and I always have it on hand.

Also, 7up Tropical is a new favorite as well.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If they dialed back how sweet some of these drinks were I'd probably drink them, it really feels like in my mid twenties they doubled the sweetness or maybe it was switching to corn syrup that did it. I know it can still taste good, those Hawaiian sodas only have 20g of sugar and they are amazing.
The trick is to drink so much of it that you deaden your taste buds and need increasingly sweeter beverages to get the same joy.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>

No, that just happens in your mid twenties/early thirties.

Nothing changed except you got older and can't handle the sweet stuff anymore.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
No, that just happens in your mid twenties/early thirties.

Nothing changed except you got older and can't handle the sweet stuff anymore.

Fair enough, still doesn't change the fact that soda's with 1/3 the sugar are still amazing.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I dont think so anymore, aren't soda sales in the shitter these days?
Pretty sure that's mostly due to them being $13 a case, and the proliferation of Starbucks.

20 years ago I was in a grocery store the day before Thanksgiving, and they sold 1000 cases of diet Coke in one day. I dunno if people were putting it on their fucking cheerios or what, but that's still the craziest shit I've ever seen. 10 fucking pallets of JUST diet Coke. 24 hours.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've never been the biggest fan of soda. I'm one of those douches that wishes soda was served in the small European style cans. I can rarely finish a whole can or bottle.

But when you're craving a soda nothing hits like it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I've never been the biggest fan of soda. I'm one of those douches that wishes soda was served in the small European style cans. I can rarely finish a whole can or bottle.

But when you're craving a soda nothing hits like it.
I mean they make those here in the U.S. now and cost more than a normal can. You are better off buying it normal and not finishing it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Thought this was interesting. I've also thought the same thing. Not that it matters to me since I am drinking zero calorie drinks nowadays.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Thought this was interesting. I've also thought the same thing. Not that it matters to me since I am drinking zero calorie drinks nowadays.

Apparently for science reasons the sugar drink will satiate you more vs hfcs, which leads to drinking less (or eating less if eating with the drink) compared to hfcs.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone tried the new kfc wraps with Mac in them?

1000003557.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Double Big Mac is back at my McDonald's. I always get one because I have always thought the meat to bread ratio was off on the big mac. Unfortunately with 4 1/10 lb patties with the lettuce and special sauce in there it's just unwieldy to eat. Every time you take a bite of it the middle of the burger wants to shoot out the back. I still think that a big mac with 2 1/4 lb patties would be perfect.

• 1Like