The Fast Food Thread

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Double Big Mac is back at my McDonald's. I always get one because I have always thought the meat to bread ratio was off on the big mac. Unfortunately with 4 1/10 lb patties with the lettuce and special sauce in there it's just unwieldy to eat. Every time you take a bite of it the middle of the burger wants to shoot out the back. I still think that a big mac with 2 1/4 lb patties would be perfect.

Double Big Mac is a constant thing in Japan. Costs an extra $1.

I am still waiting for the Giga Big Mac to return.

1706811373484.png

1706811235805.png

1706811243248.png

1706811251509.png

• 2Quality Calories
  • 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 6 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Wilted = Rotten?

Hope that pussy never looks at Taco Bell's tomatoes.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
They need to bring back the real sugar Dr. Pepper. That stuff was awesome.

It's in glass bottles locally,which I like because they get and stay very cold. 5 bucks for four of them and they're not as big as a 20oz, but delicious and as mentioned one feels like enough vs a liter of mountain dew that I'll just keep drinking and never feel satisfied.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So a local butcher shop decided to add a sandwich shop and "chipotle" style counter. Not only is it cheaper than Chipotle with bigger portions, the meats are fresh and they rotate marinades and rubs available so they have new stuff. These are probably the best burritos I've ever had.

So now I can get a $10 burrito or quesadilla or whatever with freshly butchered Angus steak in several flavors prepared how I want it, or I can go to McDonalds and spend $20 on a Big Mac value meal.

This just reinforces the ridiculous overhead these megacorps hid with low material costs.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So a local butcher shop decided to add a sandwich shop and "chipotle" style counter. Not only is it cheaper than Chipotle with bigger portions, the meats are fresh and they rotate marinades and rubs available so they have new stuff. These are probably the best burritos I've ever had.

So now I can get a $10 burrito or quesadilla or whatever with freshly butchered Angus steak in several flavors prepared how I want it, or I can go to McDonalds and spend $20 on a Big Mac value meal.

This just reinforces the ridiculous overhead these megacorps hid with low material costs.
is the butcher shop manned by mexicans too?

my asian grocer fish monger is all mexicans, i pick out a fish and i say a number
5fcaaba65a8f123a081ad939c39ec333.png

i choose 2, which is no guts w/ head (the way i steam fish, when the eyeballs turn white, it's done)

but they even go so far as to offer to filet and fry it for you.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to

my asian grocer fish monger is all mexicans, i pick out a fish and i say a number

i choose 2, which is no guts w/ head (the way i steam fish, when the eyeballs turn white, it's done)

Nope sorry only white descendants of England

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

I'm very jealous you have that shop and I don't. I bet the fish is fresh as fuck, too.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
yea i don't do fish much and seafood is my weakest protein, i just get a tilapia, the eyes balls are juicy and bulge out and it doesn't smell

Use the fish carcass, the bones and eyeballs, to make stock. Then make some amazing miso soup.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Where do you live because.... I want to move there. That kind of old school deli counter used to be a staple in the Northeast but now it's basically gone and the ones that do still exist (outside of NY) charge way more than that. Way fucking more.

Also... "Chipotle style counter". Goddammit man, really? You think Chipotle invented that shit? Sigh

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Where do you live because.... I want to move there. That kind of old school deli counter used to be a staple in the Northeast but now it's basically gone and the ones that do still exist (outside of NY) charge way more than that. Way fucking more.

Also... "Chipotle style counter". Goddammit man, really? You think Chipotle invented that shit? Sigh
IMO, you just have to live nearer where white families still actively farm since some of them actually have enough pride to sell their own product to the community rather than to distributors, they still exist all over the country. When we were in the northeast after covid nonsense died down, we stopped in the finger lakes in NY. Piles of vineyards and farms up there still. You're just not going to find that closer to NYC.

I'm just saying they have basically the same setup/menu. Don't really care who invented the burrito subway concept tbh.

Also just stopped at a nearby dairy farm today, got 8 different flavors in ice cream cups for $20, all made fresh. The store is usually unstaffed, you just mark what you take and put the cash in an envelope. Probably a bit cheaper than the small Ben and Jerry shit things but w/e even still it's so much tastier with fresh dairy and less chemicals. I'd rather go there every couple months. Lately I've been finding a lot more business growth and deals buying direct from farms rather than the grocery store. Covid crushed a lot of it but they seem to be coming back with a vengeance because the massive conglomerate overhead is so high, they used to be a premium but now seem to be settling as both cheaper and better than the shipped in trash at the grocery chain. May not last forever but I'll take it for now.

• 1Like

Khane

IMO, you just have to live nearer where white families still actively farm since some of them actually have enough pride to sell their own product to the community rather than to distributors, they still exist all over the country. When we were in the northeast after covid nonsense died down, we stopped in the finger lakes in NY. Piles of vineyards and farms up there still. You're just not going to find that closer to NYC.

I'm just saying they have basically the same setup/menu. Don't really care who invented the burrito subway concept tbh.

Also just stopped at a nearby dairy farm today, got 8 different flavors in ice cream cups for $20, all made fresh. The store is usually unstaffed, you just mark what you take and put the cash in an envelope. Probably a bit cheaper than the small Ben and Jerry shit things but w/e even still it's so much tastier with fresh dairy and less chemicals. I'd rather go there every couple months. Lately I've been finding a lot more business growth and deals buying direct from farms rather than the grocery store. Covid crushed a lot of it but they seem to be coming back with a vengeance because the massive conglomerate overhead is so high, they used to be a premium but now seem to be settling as both cheaper and better than the shipped in trash at the grocery chain. May not last forever but I'll take it for now.

Bud NYC is where what you are describing still exists in the largest portion. Delis. That's literally one of the best places on earth to still get "cheap", made to order, prepared on premises "fast food" because it has a much higher volume of competition. It's everywhere else in the Northeast outside of NYC that has died out.

And the farms around here, in white bread Connecticut, charge way fucking more because they can, and honestly, as someone who was born and raised in NY, on Long Island, the food doesn't even come close. It's a goddamn travesty!

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Bud NYC is where what you are describing still exists in the largest portion. Delis. That's literally one of the best places on earth to still get "cheap", made to order, prepared on premises "fast food" because it has a much higher volume of competition. It's everywhere else in the Northeast outside of NYC that has died out.

And the farms around here, in white bread Connecticut, charge way fucking more because they can, and honestly, as someone who was born and raised in NY, on Long Island, the food doesn't even come close. It's a goddamn travesty!
Well if you're farther out in Connecticut you should be able to find delis? Rien's in Vernon and Katz's in Woodbridge?

Khane

Well if you're farther out in Connecticut you should be able to find delis? Rien's in Vernon and Katz's in Woodbridge?

They're very overrated and VERY expensive (which is kinda the point of the conversation).

And while I like a good pastrami or Reuben. I also would like some Italian from time to time.

It's really more of a sign of the times than anything else. I was surprised you called it a chipotle style counter, and I think a lot of other people would call it that too, which is kind of telling in why things are the way they are in food now.