The Fighting Game Community Thread

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Art sold out... Salty Suite was terrible and money was towards Wizard. F that....
These dudes are barely making a living. I would have sold out too! fuck it. people can say what they want! lol These dudes put so much into a community that rarely gives back. What the fuck did you expect. of course they are going to sell out. Why wouldnt they?

darkseid_sl

shitlord
I love Infiltration a.k.a MMM.

X4r90NU.jpg

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Justin and friends don't like him so the dozens of their fanboi's come out of the woodwork to deride him. Well that's the /r/kappa explanation at least.

Column_sl

shitlord
That's not really why. KBR has always generated a lot of hate over the years.

When Marvel is best out of 3 in tournament it becomes a very volatile game. KBR tailored a team with high health, and high damage specifically for tournament play which allows him to by pass a lot of the one touch death mechanics of UMVC3.

So people don't like that, but whatever. It is what it is.

It's of course wayyy more impressive to win with a lower tiered team like Justin's, but he risks getting eliminated early in all events.

The other thing is he had really good matchups going into top 8 even against one of his own teammates at the end. Not to take away anything he did, he just won't go down as a Marvel great in the community. But who cares he won EVO ,and that is all that matters.

It's not like Viscant didn't beat everyone the first year with Phoenix because he was a year ahead of everyone on the tech, but then again they don't feel he is a Marvel god either.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
What the fuck? He gets the hate because he plays how he wants to play the game? That is stupid. Oh right everyone hated morridoom teams too... And Chris g is one of the few players that still plays that team. Wasn't it also kbr who told everyone to level up their game instead of bitching at morridoom? Lol

Column_sl

shitlord
What the fuck? He gets the hate because he plays how he wants to play the game?
Well yeah, but that's alot of esports not just Marvel. I'm not saying it's right ,but that is how people view it.

Chris G's team is a tad different in that it takes an extremely skilled player to make it work. It's a highly difficult team to play it like Chris does, even tho it looks cheap as hell.

KBR's team has a really low threshold of skill, and High payoff for success in a tournament scenario. Noah played a similar team when he was 8 years old at EVO ,and was beating people.
It's an all or nothing team. It does take balls to play that team tho because you risk running into a hard counter. Something Jan got hit with when he fought Champ last EVO.

I'm trying to make a parallel to SF4, but it's harder because it's a slower paced game set with no one touch deaths.

Personally, I could care less. He won EVO. No one cant take that away from him.

I picked him in my Fantasy team after I saw he was starting to get good with team rog, another really easy team to play with good match ups.. I knew he had a really good chance of making top 8 this year.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Seriously, fuck anyone in that scene that wants to hate on Kane Blue River. That dude has been working hard foryearswith his team. I remember the 2013 Capcom Cup where he had been voted in (which was pretty damned impressive for a player from Chile to get enough votes compared to the rest of the field), got all emotional on the stage, and got lit up. Seeing him win EVO from the winners side still rocking his Big Body team was hype. There had been talk for months about Latin America leveling up and I guess everyone was sleeping on them.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Let's not forget Justin has a habit of talking shit and being wrong, Adon anyone? Was glad to see KBR win especially with a non-meta team and the guy has more heart then half the old jaded pro's. If anything Wong was just pissed he didn't really show up in any game he played this year, as much as people want to see zero/vergil/doom on every team it was refreshing to see some of the more non-infinite loop teams.

Column_sl

shitlord
I think they covered KBR pretty nicely on the James Chen show last night.

Yeah he's no supreme talent, but he gives hope to anyone that puts enough time into the game that with enough tactics they can make top 8.

They also said no matter what KBR does in his personal life should not effect how people treat him as a player.

I will say this tho, he doesn't make it easy on his defenders when the next day he goes on his Twitter taunting Aplogyman, and saying he's basically too good for Marvel now so he is retiring and moving on to other games.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
r/Kappa sponsors him. (Kappa)

I think he's just waiting on some sponsor to announce him.
He's currently the best unsponsored player out there, so I'm sure that a lot of people are contacting him for sponsorships.

I mean, if PerfectLegend can get sponsored by Razer, then Infiltration should be sponsored by Intel or some shit.

Also, this.

Needless

Toe Sucker
He really must be waiting for a specific offer because he is by far one of the best all around players in SF4, without a doubt.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
r/Kappa sponsors him. (Kappa)

I think he's just waiting on some sponsor to announce him.
He's currently the best unsponsored player out there, so I'm sure that a lot of people are contacting him for sponsorships.

I mean, if PerfectLegend can get sponsored by Razer, then Infiltration should be sponsored by Intel or some shit.

Also, this.

haha, Infiltration said "E-Sports, 99 percent dicks" haha