The Fighting Game Community Thread

Needless

Toe Sucker
Nemo is going to win Capcom Cup because he's a classy son of a bitch and everybody hates his trollento :^)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shut out the boisterous presence of the crowd, or use it to your advantage? Infiltration reveals some strategies in dealing with tournament nerves

Infiltration picked Hakan against PR Balrog just to get the crowd on his side!

This was one of the answers that struck us as most interesting during the session. At EVO 2013, Infiltration would up facing EG|PR Balrog during top eight. After going down 2-1, he returned to the character select screen, hovered over Hakan and just listened.

Excited to see what character Infil may pick out next, the crowd lost their minds. After what seemed like an eternity, he went through with it and picked the Turkish wrestler.

Things would boil down to the absolute final round possible, but Infiltration would wind up taking the set, and making history by winning with what was regarded as a very low tier character in an EVO top eight match.

In the interview, Infiltration discusses how he felt at the moment, with the primarily American crowd rooting for their hometown hero, PR Rog. "I felt that atmosphere, and playing my best character wouldn't change that so I had to change to Hakan to change the mood... Getting that support from the crowd with my character switch is what made it my most memorable victory."

Column_sl

shitlord
You can tell the Americans are much further then the Japanese at this point with the Cracked version of Sf5 being out with local play.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
bet365 Capcom Cup odds:

LOL @ Justin's odds

rrr_img_118675.png

rrr_img_118676.png

Column_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure Kaz is going to wrap this one up, but pulling for Daigo.

Think it would be very fitting for him to close out the last major Sf4 tournament.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guess now its just waiting for SFV; finally the death of FADC hopefully it never comes back.