The Fighting Game Community Thread

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Don't know. I just find it hard to care. Had planned to go to EVO with a friend this year and if that still goes down maybe it will re-spark my interest. Personal stuff fucked up a lot of my enjoyment and excitement when it comes to the FGC this year and I think losing the game I've been following for almost seven years is going to finish off what's left.

I'll give 5 a chance. I just don't see myself caring to the point I have an entire weekend planned around watching EVO anymore. Beer, hot wings, prime rib, outdoor screen for smoke breaks. Kind of went all out the last two years. Not going to pull a James Chen or a Seth but I am pretty sad and a little angry SF4 is "over".

Needless

Toe Sucker
SF4 will still have a strong showing all through 2016

Also glad my boy won, kaz was playing like a god damn beast!

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think everybody wanted Daigo to close out SF4, but i'm entirely okay with kaz taking it too. That dude is so sick~

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Sad to see but Misse is playing fucking solid. Great to watch.
Watching Makoto beatdowns is so great. Easily my favorite character to watch when played well. Actually went to bed after Misse got defeated, was pretty clear Kaz was gonna take it after the train he ran on Daigo the first time. Still a great tourney. Infiltration and Poongko's matches were great. I personally can't stand Abel, so Keoma's run was a drag- but overall a damn fine showing.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Watching Makoto beatdowns is so great. Easily my favorite character to watch when played well. Actually went to bed after Misse got defeated, was pretty clear Kaz was gonna take it after the train he ran on Daigo the first time. Still a great tourney. Infiltration and Poongko's matches were great. I personally can't stand Abel, so Keoma's run was a drag- but overall a damn fine showing.
Yeah I have 0 complaints myself other than Abel being boring 99% of the time. That rare round with hard read air grabs and shit besides TT and step kick into flowchart is almost as fun as watching Makoto/Dudley manhandle someone though and there were one or two rounds like that. I'd have liked to see Bee make it deeper because my heart bled for the guy at EVO and seen Daigo run it back for the same reasons as everyone else but.. Everyone finished exactly where they should have and Kazunoko was simply on an entirely different level that night. Until Daigo started to find his feet in GF the man made SF4 look like a "solved" game.

Column_sl

shitlord
Just an FYI GGXRD is on steam tomorrow, and they plan to release more games next year

rrr_img_118910.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
It's not the same type of game, or philosophy.

It's an anime game, so heavy on offense, and mix ups.

If you are asking how complex GG is, it is very complex. I wouldn't think of it in the terms of execution or 1 frame links.

I would just buy it , and try it out. It's a great game with a really good tutorial system

Needless

Toe Sucker
How hard is the game execution wise? I never had the patient to get down 1f links in SF4 which is why I quit.
Like Column said.. it's different and i think it's honestly a lot harder. I'm struggling trying to get Chipp's bread and butter combos down because they require annoying 'Jump Install' inputs that make doing combos incredibly awkward.

Jump Install is canceling a normal into a jump, so doing Jab into jump immediately, then immediately hitting another normal, cancelling the jump into a normal which allows you to extend your combo in the air when you normally couldn't.

Punch xx Up input, crouch B(launches them into the air), down down Slash (teleports into the air), Jab, Kick jump cancel KICKIICKICKKCIKCICKICKCICKCICKICIKCKICIKCIK 1000 times is ughhh

Fun as hell game though lol