The Fighting Game Community Thread

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah i saw those tweets, I'm pretty sure they are hinting at that big money match. Goddamnit I love when money is on the line.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Meh, i'm entirely done with Marvel
Nemo is hype, but Fchump is entirely anti hype which would cancel it out entirely for me

Poor dying game
frown.png

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it does that every year.Essentially it's a dead game because it can never be updated even though it gets the 2nd most entrants at EVO and the highest viewership on Twitch.

As long as the top players still play it, it's never going to be regulated to the anime room with Marvel 2 =P

People said Smash Melee was dead for the longest time as well

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider

Column_sl

shitlord
Well to be fair we saw allot variety in Grand Finals for Marvel this year, and it was really hype.

There wasn't one ZMC in top 8

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
wonder what the viewers would be like if SF didnt start so late and end way way later on a Sunday. It goes well past midnight in the eastern time zone.

MVC3 was fun to watch at evo no doubt, but i dont even watch it at all anymore for weekly's i didnt even watch pools this year for evo. I did for USF4 though. Final's i usually watch them all or at least have them on while i do other shit.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Evo is evo, of course its going to be the pinnacle of how entertaining the game is going to be.
You have 3 or 4 top tier teams that literally every decent person plays, doing the same homogenized setups and ToD combos.

Even Justin tweeted after he won that he "Saved marvel" because it is indeed a dying game, and you're being retarded if you're denying that.
The game has been dropped by most of the weeklies because nobody registers for their tournaments anymore dude, come on haha

The only time people get really hype is when Justin or an international player is challening somebody lol

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm not going to deny that UMVC3 is not doing as well as last year, or it's launch year, BUT it does have allot of new young people.

Coach Steve,Paradigm, Angelic, Full Schedule, Unknown, Apologyman, Cloud 805, Flux, That huge Texas marvel group. There's some sections of NA where Marvel is a whole sub culture like in Texas/ New Mexico/ Seattle etc

Also what weeklies are you talking about people not going to? All I can think of is Battle Circuit which was never a big Marvel venue to begin with. Everyone there goes to the House of Chaos now which has larger entrants then BC.

The other Big Marvel Weeklies happen on the West Coast through the Runback which hasn't stopped, And Champs FGTV house is the number one fighting channel for views on Twitch.

Even Justin tweeted after he won that he "Saved marvel" because it is indeed a dying game
That's not exactly what happened. When Umvc3 came out people said SF4 was dieing, and when a Ultra came out all the sudden Marvel is dieing. That's just how it is with the FGC.
Everyone remembers the famous "Whens Mahvel?" tag line. Alll the sudden Ultra comes out, and the tag line is Marvel is dead so of course Justin is going to tweet he saved Marvel haha.

The only time people get really hype is when Justin or an international player is challening somebody lol
They had 3k people watching the house of chaos at 4am in the morning last week because Flux and Coach steve did a FT25 money match. Trust me people watch Marvel.

Yipes got out of bed to commentate it, and brought Chris Matrix. Fun shit

Needless

Toe Sucker
That dude is great lol

I caught that house of chaos stream last night playing USF4.. good lord how can they stand having like 20+ people in 1 small bedroom? That must smell awful haha

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I crashed out early last night but damn i heard about it this morning, cant wait to get home to watch the raptor sanford shit.

Column_sl

shitlord
I caught that house of chaos stream last night playing USF4.. good lord how can they stand having like 20+ people in 1 small bedroom? That must smell awful haha
Its in the Ghetto too lol. It was called the House of Crack, but Twitch made them change it.

Speaking of Twitch no more Justin TV, and no more infinite video archives. =(

Google you suck