The Fighting Game Community Thread

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I wish there was a FGC around my area, without having to travel like an hour at the least, been wanting to pick up smash again, and smash 4 is coming out also new MK.

I doubt smash 4 online will be good enough, and It sucks driving an hour or more for a lame local tourney where even if you get first, your gas isn't covered.
haha, i thought about it, as i know there is a small community where i live, then i thought better of it. i would just be the old guy trying to play games. lol So, ill just stick to lagfest that is online.

Column_sl

shitlord
Who cares right? you only live once, from what I've seen at my local scene we have older players in there 40's playing all the time, and no one really says anything.

Only time I see that type of stuff is when Stream Monsters troll in Twitch Chat.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I looked last year and apparently there is a local annual Fighting Game tournament in Little Rock / North Little Rock. Missed it last year because I was on a work trip but your post reminded me to check again for this year. Was surprised to see it even went down and can't imagine it was big, but I've never been to tournament live. Next year depending on how quota goes I'm thinking about taking my vacation to hit EVO and DOTA TI5 if they're still scheduled close together.
Let me know if you need a gentlemans experience in Vegas, I take so many clients to Wynn properties that they treat me like Jesus Christ.

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm picking up the new Persona game off a game share for like 10 bucks tomorrow. I'm sure it sucks as much as the first one, but I will give my review.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well hehe

rrr_img_74846.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah, Noel Brown playing a character that beats up women.

The new Persona is pretty fun btw, it's pretty much a new game compared to the last one. I really like the Lobby system where you are running around an arcade.
If you like Blazblue this one will be good when it releases in America late Sept.

Column_sl

shitlord
Same week is Shadowloo Showdown V

http://www.shadowlogic.com.au/

Main Stream

rrr_img_74913.jpg

Friday - 5pm - late:
Doors open for competitors, spectators and cosplayers to pick up their passes. Exhibitions and side tournaments will take place during the friday night.

===============================

Saturday
9am - Doors Open for passes pick up and last minute registrations.
10am - BlazBlue pool play. (Played till top 4)
11:30am - Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 pool play (Played till top 16)
12pm - Injustice pool play. (Played all the way through)
1pm - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 pool play. (Played till top 8)
1:30pm - Killer Instinct pool play. (Played all the way through)
2pm - Divekick pool play (Till top 8)
2pm - Virtua Fighter V: Final Showdown pool play. (Played all the way through)
2:30pm - King of Fighters XIII pool play. (Played till top 4)
3:30pm - Street Fighter 3rd Strike pool play. (Played till top 4)
4:30pm - Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Top 16 to top 8)
6:30pm - Ultra Street Fighter IV pool play (Played till top 8)

===============================

Sunday
9am - Doors Open.
10am - BlazBlue Top 4
11am - 3rd Strike Top 4
12pm - King of Fighters Top 4.
1pm - Divekick Top 8
2pm - Tekken Tag 2 Top 8.
4pm - Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Top 8.
6pm - Ultra Street Fighter IV Top 8.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bros thank you

In other news Sp00ky and another TO i reached out to didnt respond to either of my email addresses for trying to sponsor them. Not even responding is pretty unprofessional but this is the FGC =p

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
SO, i ordered the 27 inch BenQ monitor. Since my old POS cracked. Now i just have to wait for Amazon to deliver it. Was looking in display lag website. Its one of the lower ones. So i just said fuck it! lol

Cant wait for it to come!

Column_sl

shitlord
I love me some Summer Jam in the off season. They have like 6 streams going.

So many tournaments this week. Its non stop all over the world.

Shadowloo Showdown, Summer Jam, PAX, Arc Revo 2014, USF4 Osaka Qualifier, HK eSports Tournament.