The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i was dangling ffxii for wife to play, or maybe do KH3 finally.

nope, she just says out of the blue

i wanna finish xiii series.

dafuq??? i gotta whip out the old ps3, and for some reason the ps3 controller doesn't hold a charge and she says it's ghetto after using the ps4 for ffxv, so now ffxiii-2

i guess years ago i loaded the jap versions on, sarah sounds nice in jap!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Solidarity for FF6, but I should barf for the content... I hope that is not you who wrote that... it is a huge example of why most journalists are mental cases.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wife has given up ffxiii-3 time limit mechanic is too... limiting, decided to watch youtube compilation of 9hours of story.

jesus christ these youtube ppl that film and play are crazy.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That was only one of the reasons i refused to play that game, but as a general rule any game with bullshit time limited mechanics are must-avoid.

joz123

Potato del Grande
That was only one of the reasons i refused to play that game, but as a general rule any game with bullshit time limited mechanics are must-avoid.
Did you not play Majora's Mask too because it had a time limit?

You could prolong each day in FF13-3 as long as you needed to get all the side quests and other shit done. But since you wussed out and didn't even try it you wouldn't know that.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I hate limited time mechanics but FF13 LR was pretty lax with that, you "struggled" only early on(and even then it wasn't bad, unless you decided you wanted to do lvl 5 quests at lvl 25 or something), and then a few hours in you get a time rewind or whatever ability and you just spam that constantly and you have virtually infinite time unless you forget to use the ability for a long time. It's a bit clunky having to use the ability all the time but that was the only restriction. Game itself was pretty meh though, story went all over the place and the one man army shit got pretty boring, the combat was alright.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wife was "ok" w/ ffxiii-2's combat and didn't really care for ffxiii-3's combat.

could be that she just played ffxv previously and shes struggling (at keeping interested) w/ ffxii's combat.

i think she just can't go backwards

Malakriss

Don't ever let her try comrades then, cause they actually finished 15's magic system for that.

Malakriss

FF12 got patched for PS4 and Steam versions today. Enables Job Reset and Gambit Profiles.