The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I think that was a major restart point for several people, I remember having too restart when I first got to that point..

Fedor

<Banned>
some remaster stuff

pg0iw0nt5r121.jpg

2l4oeyd6u7g31.jpg

• 1Repost
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i finally finished FF15 last night, just another 2-3 hours to plat it probably so gonna do that - around 55 hours so far to hit the end and other trophies along the way. First 12 hours are great, and the last 3 hours are great. Everything else kinda sucks, it doesn't feel like a final fantasy game at all really, its 80% shitty fetch quests, and I have no idea really what happened in the story or why. Thats probably very final fantasy.

I'm not sure which was a more mediocre game, Kingdom Hearts 3 or FF15

• 1Worf

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
KH3 was by far the bigger letdown. I enjoyed Stand-by-me enough to play it through. KH3 was a bit more of a chore that I couldn't make heads or tails of

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have no idea really what happened in the story or why. Thats probably very final fantasy.
Not at all, the games have plot twists and mystery plots but you know what's happening in the main plot.

FF13 is the first game where things become nonsensical and the sequels sounds nuts though I haven't played them.

Didn't play FF15 but FF10 was the last game they actually finished. Excluding the two MMOs, FF12, 13 and 15 were cut short in development. This is why the games make no sense anymore.

FF12 and FF15 were constantly rewritten with the endings cut and FF13 we got 1/3rd of the planned game.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
i finally finished FF15 last night, just another 2-3 hours to plat it probably so gonna do that - around 55 hours so far to hit the end and other trophies along the way. First 12 hours are great, and the last 3 hours are great. Everything else kinda sucks, it doesn't feel like a final fantasy game at all really, its 80% shitty fetch quests, and I have no idea really what happened in the story or why. Thats probably very final fantasy.

I'm not sure which was a more mediocre game, Kingdom Hearts 3 or FF15
That pretty much sums up how I felt about 15. Starts out decently good but goes off the rails and get further and further away as the game progresses. The last chapter gets back on the rails, but on a completely different track than it started.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Best part of 8 was only the soundtrack, but there is some very interesting junctions you can do, that basically makes you unkillable, wonder if they are patching them out..

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Best part of 8 was only the soundtrack, but there is some very interesting junctions you can do, that basically makes you unkillable, wonder if they are patching them out..
That and leveling up made bosses harder. Card game was good though

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there a japanese version of that? I can see where the sub vs dub argument will be very active for a few characters.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I goto Distant Worlds this weekend in chicago w/ the wife, this'll be our 4th one?

whats great about this one, is that it'll be more ffvii centric, still haven't popped in ffxv to experience the music tho (cuz there were some nobu songs in there).

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Did they take some stuff from Spirits Within add a grey filter and decided to toss in another convoluted story element into FF7?

"Look how well ff8 remaster is selling! we must get ff7 into or above ff8 convoluted levels of story! ADD MORE CRAP!"

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a japanese version of that? I can see where the sub vs dub argument will be very active for a few characters.

They actually do have a Japanese version and yep, the English VA is god awful in this so I may do Japanese spoken. I'm kind of leaning that way in many Japanese games. Because not only do they find Sally down in Accounting in the USA branch to do main female lead's voice, their translation sucks if they try to add some "slang" into it. Like in MHW: If I hear the term "pard" one more fucking time...

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Anime leanings aside, it's inexcusable to have voice acting that fucking terrible at this point. FFX was better. (Yes yes, link the laughing clip and get it out of the way)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They actually do have a Japanese version and yep, the English VA is god awful in this so I may do Japanese spoken. I'm kind of leaning that way in many Japanese games. Because not only do they find Sally down in Accounting in the USA branch to do main female lead's voice, their translation sucks if they try to add some "slang" into it. Like in MHW: If I hear the term "pard" one more fucking time...
The English VA's i'm pretty sure are the same guys from advent children and all associated spin offs.