The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The fact that it's the deluxe edition they are fucking up is like... how? It's a defined supply with almost all of it being locked in months ago so they know exactly how many copies are needed and where. So did Square fuck them with a late delivery or are they just incompetent?
Yeah and I'd understand if I ordered it like 3 days ago but come on - I ordered in March

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
OK I'm done complaining now. Tomorrow I'm going to jerk off with tears as lube while playing woff

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
some decent Cyber Monday deals on Square's website... the only newer FF title with a deal is $39.99 for PS4 World of Final Fantasy, but older gen games are pretty much all $4.99. decent time to fill out the fringes of your collection... i grabbed FFX-2 for $3.74, Final Fantasy Tactics on PSP for $2.49, and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories for the girlfriend for $4.99.

they had Chrono Cross on sale for $3.74 but it must have sold out pretty quick.

most of the best deals are on PS3/XB360 discs, wish i still owned a working console from that gen.

Square Enix Online Store

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So I went to go get lunch and swung into Best Buy because they said my online order of FF15 was ready for pick up in an online message. I thought they would tell me to come back tomorrow but nope. Handed it right over.

A day early. Physical copy. Paid $33 after tax and received another $10 in a gift cert as the "$10 preorder bonus". So yeah.Pretty sure I am just going to scrap amazon after this and buy everything through Gamers Club BB now. I'll be online after work. Hoping the patch is already live.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'll be playing at 9pm because my master race digital version is already downloaded and patched.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am in Minnesota so that doesn't work out. Would have been 11pm. Plus I also bought mine for half price :) I'll also be able to trade it in when I am done so in essense the thing will cost me about 5 bucks.

Why is digital so popular? It's fucking a rip off unless you are catching up on a few back log sale games you may have missed. Took me a total of 6 minutes to swing into the store quick after buying my burrito. I mean I get it can be convenient to not have to get up and swap a disc that is 10 feet from the PS4... But it's not worth 30 bucks a game multiplied by however many one buys in a year.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I only buy a few games a year and almost never trade anything in. I still have like 40 ps3/360 games sitting in a drawer under my TV. The price difference is irrelevant to me but yeah digital versions do solve the play-anything-without-disc-swaps and game hoarding problems. Also I work from home with a grocery store across the street so the only time I travel for any decent distance is going to dinner with the wife, which is not an opportune time to pick up video games.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
When you equate that could be about $600-800 a year saved for even more games or gadgets, trade in value of a game you will never play again, vacations, drinks, bar, anything... Is it worth it? Expendable income is great to have when one can buy anything they want, but it doesn't need to equate to throwing money down the pisser either.

Dunno. I am guilty at times myself of buying digital because I am too lazy to get up on a weekend and drive 4 miles to a Best Buy... But when I look at the savings, it's harder and harder to justify buying digital versions that I can't trade in if I want too.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
FFXV is the only title I've actually purchased this year. I got some VR titles from a BB gift card, but no, my trade-in or savings from buying physical wouldn't be anywhere near that. The rest of my games come from PS+, gifts from my brother that he wants to co-op, or things like humble bundles.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Amazon does a discount if you pre-order too

But this is the last time I pre-order from them. Ordering a GCu membership tonight.

I posted about it on reddit and it's pretty fucked up. People who ordered a week ago are getting it tomorrow or even today but a lot of people are being delayed like me.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I go Digital purely for convenience. I have no reason to go near a Best Buy in my day to day activities...would take me 30-45 minutes just to go there and back. I'm struggling more with time these days to do all the things I want than with money to do it with.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
My only option for day one physical is Amazon and very happy I didn't go that way this time.

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I went to go get lunch and swung into Best Buy because they said my online order of FF15 was ready for pick up in an online message. I thought they would tell me to come back tomorrow but nope. Handed it right over.

A day early. Physical copy. Paid $33 after tax and received another $10 in a gift cert as the "$10 preorder bonus". So yeah.Pretty sure I am just going to scrap amazon after this and buy everything through Gamers Club BB now. I'll be online after work. Hoping the patch is already live.
Which Best Buy?

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm just gonna go to Walmart at midnight and snag a copy - took Tuesday and Wedmnesday off.

Resisted the temptation to get excited for this for damn near a decade now, but impending release compounded by unexpectedly good reviews has transformed what began as mild anticipation into a level of prerelease excitement I haven't felt in a while.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Couple guys on reddit called Amazon and are being told even though they got a shipping notification it was actually not true and their deluxe stock is abysmally low

Feien

Ploppers
I preordered over 3 years ago on amazon... Getting it on Friday. Very rustled...

V9KCtou.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user