The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If anyone is feeling generous, I'd love to get any DLC code PM'd to me - thanks in advance.
I'll send you my replacement Amazon roadtrip ones, they should work now (I abused the unworking original Amazon code to get mine already)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
10 hours in, pretty sure 8 of it is uneccessary cut scenes and the other 2 is driving around with dudes in a car.

This would be a good persona knock off, but most certainly isn't a FF. Also the music blows.

• 1SJW

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean I get not liking the game, but how in the world could this conceivably be a Persona knockoff?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
10 hours in, pretty sure 8 of it is uneccessary cut scenes and the other 2 is driving around with dudes in a car.

This would be a good persona knock off, but most certainly isn't a FF. Also the music blows.

This is a bad post and you should feel bad about your hyperbole.

Malakriss

Yeah, that EXP guide is spot on with Cactuar 5000 exp per kill (NW of Hammerhead, no threat bar have to visually sight it) and warp strike AP farming level 1-2s. That's exactly the sort of thing they put in FF games.

Malakriss

Holy shit, while trying to spawn cactuars I got magitek dropped by a level 76 MA that 9999ed me.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
The fuck is he swimming in the drivers seat?

Would use a food buff , and just hunt at night and do the hunter quests and just run around randomly killing shit exploring. But just gonna fullthrottle the main story now and so much easier to travel once yah get the Chocobo, speeds up the travel for hunts as well, hate taking the car.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Im currently in the middle of a pack of 8 Garulas or some shit. You don't get parry opportunities when they're doing their tramples to the side, only when they're attacking head on.
So? Keep holding square, you'll dodge everything you can't parry, just be patient.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's very weird, I want to get into it more before I really decide.

The car is fucking dumb. What's the point of manual if you can't do anything?

I redeemed Masamune but where is it?

Fighting is ok but a bit neurotic. Not gonna do wait mode, sound like it will take forever.

Wow quests. Rpg makers stop th is shit please

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The car is fucking dumb. What's the point of manual if you can't do anything?
What do you want to do, drive on the left side? Manual makes it easier to get out at any time or go anywhere you haven't been before, since auto only takes you to quest destinations etc.

I redeemed Masamune but where is it?
Look in your gear inventory? Did you make sure the dlc was actually installed or just redeemed and waiting to download?

Fighting is ok but a bit neurotic. Not gonna do wait mode, sound like it will take forever.
Maybe try it instead of dismissing it? Wait mode only activates when you stop moving completely so if you wanna be active 99% of the time go for it.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Better to let people complain about being open world too fast and having too much so early than the reverse. Although I will agree that the vast majority of players will powerlevel over everything in chapters 1-3 as soon as they learn the fast ways.

Simply knowing when and where to get weapon upgrades first makes a difference too as does ascension grid must-haves.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Better to let people complain about being open world too fast and having too much so early than the reverse. Although I will agree that the vast majority of players will powerlevel over everything in chapters 1-3 as soon as they learn the fast ways.

Simply knowing when and where to get weapon upgrades first makes a difference too as does ascension grid must-haves.
What is everyone focusing on as far as ascension grid goes? I went for all the AP boosts in the exploration tree to get the most out of that, I do have most of them now but not sure where to go from there. I did buy that Regroup tech for Ignis.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Aside from the obvious AP ones I think it's unavoidable that everyone will just buy every single 12/18/24 upgrades before they move on to the 48/333/999 ones. I do like the one that recharges the tech bar when you land hits, which is 48.

That said I do think it's silly to farm exp/ap before you reach the third tomb weapon and unlock Noctis' special armiger tree.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What do you want to do, drive on the left side? Manual makes it easier to get out at any time or go anywhere you haven't been before, since auto only takes you to quest destinations etc.

Look in your gear inventory? Did you make sure the dlc was actually installed or just redeemed and waiting to download?

Maybe try it instead of dismissing it? Wait mode only activates when you stop moving completely so if you wanna be active 99% of the time go for it.
I guess i just found it pointless to go manual when it doesn't even let me drive where I want besides just in a general direction.

For the Dlc I must not have downloaded it, I did redeem it.

For wait combat its just not really my jam but Ill give it a go.

I just haven't been hooked yet. Maybe I should stop doing side quests and just do the main for a bit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

Incorrect. It literally only stops when you stop for a second, if you never stop, the game never stops. There is no forced wait.

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
Manual makes it easier to get out at any time or go anywhere you haven't been before, since auto only takes you to quest destinations etc.

There is an option for Map Point in the Auto menu where you can just free cursor place where you want Ignis to drive. It tends to abort if you select a spot slightly off-road, but otherwise it has been an OK way to go "I want to explore... here" and then flip thru albums until you get there.

Miss Daisy Simulator

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
My assessment of the game grew by leaps and bounds at around hour 5. Can't attribute it to any one event - I guess I just got acclimated to the combat and cadence of gameplay.

Continual annoyances are the camera, underwhelming talent system that's eclipsed by even budget rpgs like Tales, and annoying wow-at-launch-esque quests.

Would be super nice if this and western rpg's would figure out a way to make the quests that they insist on barraging you with are worth doing. They work in WoW because of the xp boost, and the xp boost works because leveling upks crucial. I really only care about leveling up in FFXV for the AP boost.