The Fishing Thread

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
decimated

Could you do me a huge favor and stop using this word that you don't seem to know the meaning of? Decimate means to kill 1 in 10. Unless we are decimating the populations daily, a healthy population can absorb that kind of loss.

But I agree especially on the sharks. I said we both agree that we need to stop wanton waste. The red wolves we don't agree so much. Yes humans played a big part, but that was because the wolves were a danger to us and our livestock. Coyotes played a bigger part in the red wolf demise. I only brought them up because I had recently done some reading about them.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Could you do me a huge favor and stop using this word that you don't seem to know the meaning of? Decimate means to kill 1 in 10. Unless we are decimating the populations daily, a healthy population can absorb that kind of loss.

But I agree especially on the sharks. I said we both agree that we need to stop wanton waste. The red wolves we don't agree so much. Yes humans played a big part, but that was because the wolves were a danger to us and our livestock. Coyotes played a bigger part in the red wolf demise. I only brought them up because I had recently done some reading about them.
Chinese bad eaters never let wantons go to waste. Take after them.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Chinese bad eaters never let wantons go to waste. Take after them.

Except they do. That's part of the problem. They catch sharks, cut the fins off for shark fin soup and throw the rest away. If they kept the entire shark and ate it, a lot fewer people would have a problem with it, and they definitely wouldn't be able to kill as many sharks with each trip.

Oh you made a pun on wanton. Never mind.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Except they do. That's part of the problem. They catch sharks, cut the fins off for shark fin soup and throw the rest away. If they kept the entire shark and ate it, a lot fewer people would have a problem with it, and they definitely wouldn't be able to kill as many sharks with each trip.

Oh you made a pun on wanton. Never mind.
Sorry couldn't resist.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Sorry couldn't resist.

That's fine. 90% of the reason I even read this thread is because I keep thinking it says fisting and I dearly want a grown up discussion on fisting. It's been so long since I went fishing I don't even know if my reels still work.

• 1Worf

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
God damnit.

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I like how it looks like they'd already started cleaning and had to stop to take a picture for us.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I like how it looks like they'd already started cleaning and had to stop to take a picture for us.
Good ole filet n release when you catch that fish that's just an inch too short 😉.

Speaking of. One time breaking the inlet otw back from a full day of fishing, the puddle Police (fwc) pulled me over, and searched the boat. Fuckers got me on a red snapper a half inch too short and cobia an inch too short. $300's in fines. They bag the fish and take them (I'm sure they filet and eat them)

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Here's that shark from the story I told earlier. Hoss Hoss you see where we hooked him? Talk about dumb luck haha. On mono leader.

FB_IMG_1588558499102-01.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Seen a lot of cool stuff offshore fishing over the years.. One day we were out sitting on a weed line. We see a fin in the distance headed towards us. Wtf is it? Gets closer, it's a juvenile hammerhead shark just swimming on the surface some 60 miles offshore. Of course we rig everything up to try to catch it as it approaches. Throw everything we got at it and the thing literally just ignores us, goes under the boat, back up the other side and keeps trucking.

• 1Like

splorge

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not bad. Where at? Lil bigeye you got there?

You filet and release some of those fish? 🤔🤣

South China Sea. The whole tuna is a small yellowfin. We ran out of cooler space and had to take the heads of kawa kawa (which we used for chum) to fit everything.

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
South China Sea. The whole tuna is a small yellowfin. We ran out of cooler space and had to take the heads of kawa kawa (which we used for chum) to fit everything.
Ahh gotcha. Yeah, you pull filet and release here in Florida the puddle police will get you. Nice catch tho

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
My dad warned me about this, but mother fucker; to actually see it

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
My dad warned me about this, but mother fucker; to actually see it

Gotta use that wire leader yo. They're an interesting fight. Not my favorite.

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Finally putting some gills back in the freezer after being out of them for almost two months.
4A60E7DB-1D0F-46B0-B9CC-691D5200DB55.jpeg

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users