The Fishing Thread

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Fish in the middle, one of ducks, one of Canada geese (peanut field in the panhandle of TX), one of deer management class in Uvalde Texas, one of a bridge I designed and drew that goes across Bayou Lafourche (Louisiana). It's counterbalanced about 1/3 of the way and it rotates on a giant turntable so they can get the shrimp boats out before a Hurricane. Upper right is ducks with new boat motor Warren Coco gave me - owner and founder of go-devil boat motors. I keep it around since a friend took it and it was his first day duck hunting, he's no longer with us. Sadly I don't have the one I took of him, I gave it to him and he kept it.

Two bass together are 7 and 8 pounds. Caught with back to back cast on Rayburn (Texas) while being back ended in the boat while partner cleared the trolling motor. Good day of fishing.

I've got a ton of fishing pics I'll get together when I get some time at home. My friend who taught me how to bass fish said take pictures of every bass over 5 pounds. When you get old you'll have a shitload of pics to look at.

Lucky LSU shirt, still wear it fishing 20 years later.

Apparently I have multiple spots on my camera lens. I guess I need to clean it.

All pictures are 20 years old give or take.

My lucky LSU shirt. Still wear it fishing almost 20 years later.

iannis

Musty Nester
Lurk, I'd seriously consider the idea that you might be making less a pond more a large mosquito pit.

I mean, it's an idea and all. And sure... making a pond earns man points. But I'd like actually talk to people and stuff.

Not to mention I'll be amazed if you don't require MULTIPLE permits to do it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
It'd be at the back of my property, so not so close to my house. I had already thought of the mosquito thing, and talked to someone nearby with a pond who said as soon as they got the pond adequately stocked, the mosquitoes pretty much got eaten by the things living in the pond.

Also, as far as permits go, it's not visible from any public place, and all I'm doing is digging a hole. They can go stuff themselves. I haven't pulled any permits for anything I've done to this house, inside or out. If I get caught, by this point, I'll pay the fine and count myself lucky I haven't had to go through all the red tape up to that point.

Actually, I just looked it up. If I call it an excavation pond I don't need a permit. There are ways around it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Standing water with fish in it really shouldn't have a mosquito problem.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
This thread name sucks. My eyesight is bad and I keep reading fisting. I think, "FINALLY a grown up discussion on fisting." But nope. Just more piscary nonsense.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You could start that thread, Hoss. Be the grown up, here. Educate us all in a responsible way about shoving your entire hand up a vagina.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I wish I liked eating fish because fishing sound fun. I have a small boat for lakes. I like camping near rivers. Heck, I have a creek running through my property with trout in it, but I hate fish. I can't stand the smell so much it gives me lockjaw and I wanna puke. My wife had Talapia for dinner, I ate pizza.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah, I guess you could do it in a vagina too.

Sorry don't mean to derail a grown up thread.

I agree with Lurker except my reaction isn't that bad. I eat fish sometimes, just not enough for it to be worthwhile to go fishing as much as I'd like to. I'm morally opposed to catch and release.

splorge

Silver Knight of the Realm
I fish tropical waters out of Hong Kong. Landed a decent sized Floral Croaker and Painted Sweetlip (shown scaled and about to be filleted) last weekend.

rrr_img_100271.jpg
rrr_img_100272.jpg

Pan fried the sweetlip with salt, pepper, rosemary, lemon, served with bearnaise sauce.

rrr_img_100273.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
No shit, I have come pretty close to fencing the back yard and getting a goat. I might still.

But I think I'd have to make a little goat-house for him too. And I'd probably have to shovel goat shit twice a week. And I'd probably have to set something up so that he's got fresh water. And really, I know they graze, but I doubt that a half acre would support a goat so I'd have to feed him I bet.

But coming home and yelling, "HI GOAT". That might be pretty cool.

iannis

Musty Nester
And I'd have to find the proper type of vet. I bet that goats get all sorts of weird ass diseases if you don't care for them.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
That's my buddy's lawn.

My lawn would have more clover AND dandelions with maybe a blade of grass or two.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Oh, so your buddy is trying, but because you don't take care of your shit, he can't get rid of his weeds. With friends like you, who needs trashy neighbors?

I guess I'd never seen a walleye before. Now I know where they get their name.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You guys have me thinking with this stocked pond talk. I have a small reservoir that would be fun to have fish in. I think an attempt was made to stock it with trout probably 25 years ago but they did not survive the winter. It is maybe 5 acres and probably 8 or 9 feet deep in the middle. It seems like the only stocking that gets done around here is trout but it might be fun to have bass or something, but I don't know if they could survive the winter. This is Montana so it will freeze very hard. Maybe I would have to get an aerator? It is spring fed in addition to spring runoff so it usually stays fairly full. Here's a couple pictures of it.

pczrjfV.jpg
JJuibTi.jpg