The Fishing Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Those are some big damn bluegill.

God I kinda miss fishing now that I'm old enough to see it as relaxing instead of boring.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
How do you like to target bluegills? Glad to see you got outside for a good day of fishing.

I don't do anything special really, I just use wax worms on a size #6 or #8 hook, a couple split shots and a bobber. These took a while to get but once they are fully in on their beds they will get super aggressive and will hit that wax worm almost as soon as it lands in the water. I've limited out in under half an hour with hand sized gills.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I don't do anything special really, I just use wax worms on a size #6 or #8 hook, a couple split shots and a bobber. These took a while to get but once they are fully in on their beds they will get super aggressive and will hit that wax worm almost as soon as it lands in the water. I've limited out in under half an hour with hand sized gills.

Looks like a great day of fishing. They're so much fun to catch on light gear. If you can find a bait shop with live crickets, they work well, too.

Enjoy your feast!

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Light tackle is best tackle

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I have a couple of 6 foot fiberglass poles that used to be a flags for a go cart. We put a couple of eyes on them with whatever the lightest line we had was and 5" wooden dowels at the bottom and those are my bream poles. One time I was fishing off a dock and a school of black bass moved in. I hooked into a few of them and managed to land 2 I think. That was a hell of a lot of fun. They weren't keepers but that didn't matter to me.

• 1Like

splorge

Silver Knight of the Realm
bull dorado.jpg

Bull dorado, by far the biggest ive seen in these waters.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I wondered why it was bleeding, i didn't even see the gaff in its skull. lol

Nice catch. Are they good eating?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You've never had mahi-mahi?
I only eat fish when I’m going out if I know they are fresh, and being in the Midwest that’s hard to do with fish from the ocean. When I was in FL last summer I ate everything but that I think.

• 1Solidarity

splorge

They are one of my favorite fish to eat. Awesome fighters, quick growing, and one of the best looking fish as well in the sea. If you are putting bars of gold on the deck you are having a good day.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
47 more for the freezer. 17 over my limit, but I made two trips so that’s okay. Right? 🤫

687EF9C7-4CAA-4DF6-863D-AF1F8049F992.jpeg

993B3A2B-A1A9-4168-8547-9CEA921CF3B9.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 270921
Bull dorado, by far the biggest ive seen in these waters.
Dorado eh? Where was this? You have your own boat?

Hell yeah they're good eating. One of my favorite. They're an awesome fight too. They consistently put up a good fight the entire time unlike wahoo which just kinda have a long fast run.

• 1Like

splorge

Dorado eh? Where was this? You have your own boat?

Hell yeah they're good eating. One of my favorite. They're an awesome fight too. They consistently put up a good fight the entire time unlike wahoo which just kinda have a long fast run.

South China Sea. Around this time of year the Dorado and Yellowfin schools move north from the spratlys.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
My student last year just sent me this pic. 38 lbs 53". To be fair he hunts or fishes about 5 days a week every week.
IMG_20200525_112417_01~2.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah. Those things are so fun to catch and they are smart as shit.

also they are creepy. I used to live by a lake that had a lot of ducks on it and they will stick their heads out of the water to look to see if any were on the banks, I shit you not.

I’d be fishing and would have one every so often come up to where I was at and stick it’s head out of the water to look at me and then swim off.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You've never had mahi-mahi?

I thought the other name for mahi mahi was dolphin fish. It's got 3 names? Well if that's mahi mahi, then it is good and I don't even care much for fish.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I thought the other name for mahi mahi was dolphin fish. It's got 3 names? Well if that's mahi mahi, then it is good and I don't even care much for fish.

I thought only Hawaiians called them dolphin. Hawaii is the only place i have heard it called that.