The Flash

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Nice introduction to Heat Wave at the end. When we saw the two guns earlier in the episode I had a hunch they would go that route.

Wells knowing who Felicity is tells us not only is he very much aware of the rest of the League from the future, but probably alludes to Felicity's own role as well.

I'm getting more confident that she will be Oracle in the TV DCU.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
A friend at work started watching The Flash, but never watched Arrow. I told him that Felicity chick he thought was so incredibly hot was a regular on Arrow.

He said he would start catching up on Arrow. Those crossover work, it would be funny if the Felicity crossover brings more people to Arrow than the Arrow crossover.
smile.png

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yes, I love how they keep working in any excuse , even the ridiculous one in this episode, to have her in insanely hot dresses.....

Like the angle with the development of the Rogues Gallery so far. But far more than that I love the way they're handling the speedster effects. For some reason in my head that's exactly what it should have always looked like in cartoons/film/tv.

Ganthorn

N00b
I know it is just a foil for them to get a recurring character but it kinda pissed me off how he gets out of the ice like 5-10 sec after cap cold walks away and they are just like oh well he has gotten way too far away to do anything about it. It is not like you are super fast and could catch up to him and knock him out before he even knew you were there.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the ice didnt just hold him , it injured him, also it slowed him down. remember the earler technobabble scene where they said the cold gun could kill him? why do you think mils was so pissed off at cisco for building it?

Caliane

Did Cold just kill a guy in cold blood? :/ Professionals do not just randomly kill people.

And yeah, train scene was amazing.
Barry being bad at lying was pretty lol.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well he wasn't so much trying to kill people as he was testing the Flash. Just so happens that targeting people is the best way to do that. I am rather impressed that they didn't go the cheap route and just give Cold powers from the explosion and make him a metahuman and instead stuck with the cold gun.

Also nice how this week's Arrow actually had Felicity out-of-town in Central City rather than just having a crossover that was acknowledged in one show but not the other.

Caliane

Well he wasn't so much trying to kill people as he was testing the Flash. Just so happens that targeting people is the best way to do that. I am rather impressed that they didn't go the cheap route and just give Cold powers from the explosion and make him a metahuman and instead stuck with the cold gun.

Also nice how this week's Arrow actually had Felicity out-of-town in Central City rather than just having a crossover that was acknowledged in one show but not the other.
he killed multiple random people. he killed the guy that gave him the cold gun, just to remove the "witness". He killed the first lackey with a regular gun for "failing him" in classic evil overlord manor.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So one thing I don't get. In the first episode of Arrow this season... Oliver and Felicity are a thing. Then they stopped being a thing because Sarah. Or something?

Superhero love triangles are all kinds of complicated.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If I remember correctly, Oliver said he couldn't be with Felicity to protect her or something. Someone tried to kill Oliver on their first date, and Felicity almost died because of it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
he killed the guy that gave him the cold gun, just to remove the "witness".
After delivering a cheesy villain line but BEFORE ever using the gun or knowing how or if it worked=P

There's still groans each week, but I don't give a fuck as long as he keeps being all FLASH ZOOM HERO and shit.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The guy who delivered the gun was killed to eliminate a witness, not a "senseless" killing. The one who failed him was killed as an exercise in "managerial motivation" for this other underlings not to screw up, also serving a distinct purpose. So yes he is evil, but he's not indiscriminate.

During the episode my wife was asking questions about the cold and heat guns and I just had her google up the Rogues Gallery wiki page. Seeing the look on had face while she was reading not only the names, but seeing the pics of the comic villans was possible as entertaining an anything in the episode. She still doesn't grasp that Captain Boomerang was ever taken seriously... anywhere....

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The new Capn Boomerang they had right before the New 52 was actually pretty decent since he was also a speedster.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When Sisco(THONGSONG) called him "Captain Cold" I really loved the smirk he got at the name, made me laugh.

Having him being a big dork making up all the goofy names is working so far.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I know the writers can't have The Flash dispatching super villains in a matter of seconds, but they really need to present some convincing challenges. He snatches weapons from common criminals with ease but stops to chat with these other dudes, allowing them to gain the upper hand. And why the fuck did they just allow Captain Cold to walk away? That was a truly ridiculous moment.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no idea on the timeframe this series is taking place within the DC universe, but Kahndaq was mentioned in this latest episode...so, would Black Adam be around in this world? He seems like the type of guy who get rather pissed is his family jewel was stolen.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Black Adam, like full power, would obviously not fit. He's Superman, without the restraint. But they could absolutely do a cool version of him as some snooty foreign diplomat on the show. Have him deal with some crime against his people while there on a diplomatic mission. Deal with Barry and recognize him as someone onlysort ofbeneath him, while totally dismissing him and punishing the perpetrators.

The dismissing part is important. Lets him, and the audience, know that there's another tier of people out there above him(for now). And Adam as a long term potential antagonist/anti-hero is a fantastic card to have in the deck.

The fact the CW universe is confirmed separate from the movie universe they are clumsily throwing together give a lot of leeway to put twists on established characters.