The Flash

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm curious if they actually have plans to eventually do Grodd as a villain. It seems like he would be too expensive and complicated to pull off on a TV budget.

In other news, I'm really excited for the midseason crossover episodes of Flash and Arrow.

Caliane

They've said no. Grodd is just an easter egg.

But who knows 5 seasons from now.

Tease Grodd, instead have Monsieur Mallah and the Brain.
Tease Grodd, and instead have Ultra-humanite.

Ganthorn

N00b
I kind of hope they have a guy in a bad gorilla costume as a joke in one of the episodes.

rrr_img_79398.jpg

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has anything explained how he's able to turn it on and off at will? The most I can remember is one of the older JLU episodes where his nightmare was not being able to turn it off & everyone was in perma-slow motion.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
He had issues with it when he started. I'm sure they'll devote an episode to it eventually.

Caliane

Has anything explained how he's able to turn it on and off at will? The most I can remember is one of the older JLU episodes where his nightmare was not being able to turn it off & everyone was in perma-slow motion.
Asking for comic or show?

In comics, its sortof passive/reactionary, like breathing.
he can control it, when he tries. or, like if he's bored, it tends to kick in, and make things even worse.
Conversely, if you tried to shoot the Flash with a rifle, it would kick in full gear the instant the bullet touched his skin, and never reach him.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So the professor guy in the wheelchair is someone named zoom? Just looked him up and it don't make sense. Zoom is supposed to be a speedster too. This guy appears to be able to see into the future.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So the professor guy in the wheelchair is someone named zoom? Just looked him up and it don't make sense. Zoom is supposed to be a speedster too. This guy appears to be able to see into the future.
zoom can time travel like the flash and also killed flash mom in one of the stories

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the theory is
he is Zoom who is from the future. he was obsessed with the Flash and came back to his time to meet him. i think he killed his mom to ensure that he does become the flash and securing his own destiny as well? thats why he killed that Stagg dude, because his plans for capturing/controlling Flash. basically Zoom is watching out for him.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Really a shame we wont get grodd unless hes talking in the shadows or something, he is one of the best villians. Im really interested how they are going to handle most of the villians since a lot of them are retarded sounding like captain boomerang, pied piper ect. is mirror master or shade planned for season 1? Those 2 could be really cool.

Edit - nm just read the creators said we will see grodd, wonder how they will do it

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They've said no. Grodd is just an easter egg.
Edit - nm just read the creators said we will see grodd, wonder how they will do it
Which is it?

Anyways, as always they can make any villain cool with the right actor and writing. I think a properly done Captain Boomerang would be great, just the character himself would be a lot of fun. And they don't need to call him that except as a joke at some point, like they were joking around coming up with a name for Multiplex this last episode.

Speaking of, he didn't die on screen. He'll be back. The character is slated to be in the Suicide Squad movie, but these shows aren't part of the DC cinematic universe.

I think the first thing that's going to get old with this show is the gymnastics required to keep Flash from being just invincible. Just this last episode he got beat up in the office because he stood still while 50 duplicates charged him. That's OK now, he's new and learning and in a terrifying situation, he could freeze up. 4 seasons from now they'll have to make him half-retarded to do something like that.

I think Fox realized this with the last X-Men movie, that's why they only had the one scene with Quicksilver. If they kept that guy in the whole movie no one else would have to do anything, he was just so powerful compared to everyone else. It will be interesting to see how they handle Flash's power creep, they've started him off pretty tame with 300-400mph etc. Eventually they'll get in to Speed Force etc and then it will get hard to have him not be unstoppable.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Good set up for Ronnie Raymond. Did you notice what was playing at the movie theater listed on the marquee?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that was a pretty damned good episode. ronnie raymond was well done. i guess the theory about zoom was correct.
so basically the scientist dude came back from the future and built that accelerator and most likely caused it to fail just so he could turn barry into the flash and fulfill his destiny as zoom.

Caliane

that was a pretty damned good episode. ronnie raymond was well done. i guess the theory about zoom was correct.
so basically the scientist dude came back from the future and built that accelerator and most likely caused it to fail just so he could turn barry into the flash and fulfill his destiny as zoom.
Good set up for Ronnie Raymond. Did you notice what was playing at the movie theater listed on the marquee?
... did this guy just show the marquee. talk about Blue Devil name.
But totally ignore "the Rita Farr Story"?

Rita Farr is from the Doom Patrol.
She is Elasti-girl.
Doom Patrol was sortof like the Xmen. It came out just prior, and also focused on the downsides of being superhuman. they were considered "freaks".
She was an Olympic athlete, turned Hollywood actress.
Although not physically disfigured, Rita initially has no control over her size changes, is considered a freak and a menace, and becomes a recluse, leaving her Hollywood career in ruins.
rrr_img_79654.jpg

ps, I do wish they would have "its a magical place" when mentioning Tahiti.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The video guy missed Rita Farr? Sheesh there goes his credibility. The Doom Patrol has always been pretty cool, I liked when the Teen Titans animated series brought in the Doom Patrol for their last season. Had hoped they might do a Doom Patrol spinoff but then another executive shuffle happened at CN and everything got purged.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I've been watching this with my wife and every time he gets in trouble she says "why doesn't he just run fast?".

Sooner or later I'll have to tell her that DC make ridiculously overpowered superheroes and they have to write nonsense to get around that fact.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
That's hardly a DC-specific thing. If anything, it's par for the course for TV and movies that need to manufacture drama and suspense. Captain America was able to go toe-to-toe with Thor and Iron Man in the Avengers, but at the beginning of Winter Soldier he somewhat struggles fighting random_French_terrorist01.

I really liked this latest episode; easily my favorite so far. I look forward to a future season finale where all the villains imprisoned somehow escape and Flash has to round them all up, hopefully with a sweet crossover help from the Arrow.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He blocked a hammer and got their attention, he didn't "go toe to toe" with Thor and Iron Man=P And the random french terrorist was the fierce and mighty BATROC THE LEAPER!

Yeah, power levels bounce around enough to make fights interesting=P But I mentioned earlier, he has to act retarded to make stuff a threat. That's sort of believable now that he's brand new to all this, but if in a season or two he's still standing in place while the bad guy attacks it will be fucktarded.

Liked the episode as well. I get a little giddy every time he's running around fast, the effect for it just works for me. And of the three villains so far the actor for this is the first one that didn't make me cringe, he came off as legitimately creepy and fucked up.