The Flash

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Which is it?

Anyways, as always they can make any villain cool with the right actor and writing. I think a properly done Captain Boomerang would be great, just the character himself would be a lot of fun. And they don't need to call him that except as a joke at some point, like they were joking around coming up with a name for Multiplex this last episode.

Speaking of, he didn't die on screen. He'll be back. The character is slated to be in the Suicide Squad movie, but these shows aren't part of the DC cinematic universe.
Are you talking about Multiplex? I seem to recall them showing him plastered on the ground from when he fell. I know you wrote this before this latest episode, but they also mentioned how all of the villains so far have died, so they created the prison.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When he moved his face real fast so his dad wouldn't recognize him was a nice touch. Little things like that really make a show enjoyable for me and get me past the whole stupid mask thing.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are you talking about Multiplex? I seem to recall them showing him plastered on the ground from when he fell. I know you wrote this before this latest episode, but they also mentioned how all of the villains so far have died, so they created the prison.
I didn't think they showed him after the landing, could be wrong though. Just remember thinking "Oh they didn't show him, he'll be back".

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
They did show him on the ground, but there was also a very exploitable gap between the first time he got "knocked out" and when he did the surprise villain charge at Flash which resulted in him going out the window. It would be incredibly easy for them to say that he split himself yet again really quickly (since Barry wasn't looking at him) and it was just a clone that fell to his death.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Nope. I wasn't aware he was a supervillain. I don't think most people are aware of that, as he isn't exactly a famous character. I just asked 4 other people who have seen the movie whether they knew he was a supervillain and no one had ever heard of him. I think some of you hardcore comic book guys forget that the vast, vast majority of movie goers don't know characters beyond one or two dozen headline super heroes and villains. That scene makes a lot more sense now, at least!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nope. I wasn't aware he was a supervillain. I don't think most people are aware of that, as he isn't exactly a famous character. I just asked 4 other people who have seen the movie whether they knew he was a supervillain and no one had ever heard of him. I think some of you hardcore comic book guys forget that the vast, vast majority of movie goers don't know characters beyond one or two dozen headline super heroes and villains. That scene makes a lot more sense now, at least!
Odds are, if GSP was playing his role, he was not a trash mob. Or do you not know who GSP is also?

They didn't put him in his purple and gold outfit, but when Fury said he'd hired Batroc to hijack the ship, that should have told you he was at least Black Widow level.

McCheese

Yeah, while I've heard the name, I had no clue who George Saint Pierre was until I looked him up just now. I don't watch any kind of martial arts, and it looks like he's only done a tiny handful of movies, so he's about as widely famous as the supervillain he played.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, while I've heard the name, I had no clue who George Saint Pierre was until I looked him up just now. I don't watch any kind of martial arts, and it looks like he's only done a tiny handful of movies, so he's about as widely famous as the supervillain he played.
So...

You don't read comics, watch the UFC, or apparently watch TV much? GSP was a mainstay of the UFC for a couple of years, they had his face and name plastered all over their million dollar ad campaigns for a long time.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh, I don't expect everyone to know who the character is or the actor, but if the guy put up that much of a fight after Cap just cleaned out the entire ship you should probably assume he's not just another random hench.

If they only used characters the majority of the public knew the movies would just be Cap and Hulk from the start. Maybe Iron Man and Thor. Gotta introduce these new guys somewhere.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, I don't expect everyone to know who the character is or the actor, but if the guy put up that much of a fight after Cap just cleaned out the entire ship you should probably assume he's not just another random hench.

If they only used characters the majority of the public knew the movies would just be Cap and Hulk from the start. Maybe Iron Man and Thor. Gotta introduce these new guys somewhere.
I just asked my wife what she thought was going on. She's a non comic book reader and UFC fan. She said she figured out the fact they called him by name, and gave him an intro about how lethal he was, told her he was not a random henchman. They took time to explain what a badass he was.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
dude you need to tone down your butt hurt over other peoples ignorance of things you like.
tongue.png

McCheese

I just figured he was the boss henchman so he was a little tougher than the others. That's pretty much an action mainstay: hero plows through the minions and then struggles on the boss. Lyrical's wife is clearly smarter than me.

Yeah, and I'm glad they include all the lesser known characters and easter eggs. One of my favorite things about these movies and TV shows is to watch a film/episode, and then come here to learn about all the tidbits that I, as a non-comic reader, missed.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
dude you need to tone down your butt hurt over other peoples ignorance of things you like.
tongue.png
He called Captain America a pussy that can't beat henchmen, and by proxy, he called America a pussy. Most of us should be butthurt at his unpatriotic statements.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Little cheezy but...Felicity!! She could make me watch SHIELD.

So I'm guessing the professor dude ends up being some bad guy eventually? Not a comic savant so anyone care to shed some light on it?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Little cheezy but...Felicity!! She could make me watch SHIELD.

So I'm guessing the professor dude ends up being some bad guy eventually? Not a comic savant so anyone care to shed some light on it?
dude, he is a bad guy right now. there is no eventually.