The Flash

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I guess this last episode has stirred up a bunch of nerd rage. Even writers for DC are bitching on Twitter

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's like the writers went on vacation and the interns finished up the last half of the episode. Also I am going to talk for 5 minutes about my diabolical plan but I wont tell you who the man in the iron mask is cause you wont believe it. GTFO.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Kevin Smith doesnt get the love from everyone like he used to but at least you know he wont direct an episode that badly written or at least fix it. Really looking forward to his episode

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm also fairly certain that if I become a super-powered psychopathic killer mastermind overlord type of guy (fingers crossed!), a couple of pop-up pictures of my parents isn't going to stop me cold in my tracks. But that's just me.

I know none of this really matters, but it helps me avoid the glaring issues...what did Earth 2 Mrs. Zolomon do to get shot in the face again? I didn't care enough to back it up and watch again, but was he implying she was unfaithful or something? I realize he probably had it all in his head regardless of if she really did it or not, but was that it? Fuck, why do I even care? Such a terrible episode from so many different directions, I shouldn't even worry about shit like this, or the other one that bugged me, that they got lucky that this Earth's Zolomons wore the same outfits and chose the same careers as psycho's parents so they could make those nice pop-ups. Either that, or that cool watch Wells wears has the entire Earth 2 internet on it. Which it probably does, now that I think about it, because he's Harrison Wells, and why wouldn't he be able to do that??

As you can see, I'm a bit rustled.
As many stupid plot holes and decisions that this episode has, This isn't one of them. I get that seeing you're mom and dad wouldn't make you stop, but did you watch your father murder your mother when you were a little kid? So insane for you to compare yourself with him.

Everything else was beyond retarded, though. Zoom could have abducted someone close to Barry this entire time, why wait until now? His plan made no sense and would have failed miserably if Barry wasn't 100% retarded.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I was hoping that Wally west would of got injected with that syringe full of speed force to become a speedster instead of Zoom injecting himself with it.
I'm hoping that...
They find a way to reverse the process to feed the speed force back into Barry and then the somehow the overflow of Zoom's natural speed force somehow gets leeched into Wally....

Ganthorn

N00b
I was hoping that Wally west would of got injected with that syringe full of speed force to become a speedster instead of Zoom injecting himself with it.
I thought wells was going to smash it and then it would dissipate and get into wally and/or wells daughter.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Zoom accepting Barry's terms, handing over Wally and them just hanging out for half an hour shooting the shit while Wells dicked around with the speedsucker was pretty bad TV. It's mind blowing that Barry would just go through with it instead of whipping Zoom's ass again.

They also completely eviscerated the power and suspense of Zoom's character with the reveal and backstory. Barry has zero power, Zoom went super sayin and I can't bring myself to be afraid of Zoom because I saw how weak he really is. The build up of the guy in the iron mask also went from interesting and mysterious to cartoonish reveal.

Really, the more I think about it the more I can't believe what a shit show that episode was. I've loved the flash until this point, so I'll cut them some slack on this stinker.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Probably written by the same person who writes Supergirl and doesn't acknowledge that Superman flies around in space all the fucking time.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'm starting to believe the guy behind the iron mask is earths 2 Wally west. It was hinted a while back on some Flash fan site that could possibly be him. I found it funny of all the people Zoom kidnapped and held for ransom was Wally West. He did mentioned to Barry about family and how they are a weakness. He could of kidnapped Iris, Joe hell even Caitlyn or Cisco but he chose Wally for some reason. Plus Zoom didn't say who he was when Barry asked him about his identity.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Zoom accepting Barry's terms, handing over Wally and them just hanging out for half an hour shooting the shit while Wells dicked around with the speedsucker was pretty bad TV. It's mind blowing that Barry would just go through with it instead of whipping Zoom's ass again.

They also completely eviscerated the power and suspense of Zoom's character with the reveal and backstory. Barry has zero power, Zoom went super sayin and I can't bring myself to be afraid of Zoom because I saw how weak he really is. The build up of the guy in the iron mask also went from interesting and mysterious to cartoonish reveal.

Really, the more I think about it the more I can't believe what a shit show that episode was. I've loved the flash until this point, so I'll cut them some slack on this stinker.
100% agree. I mean it's not like they didn't know where his "evil" lair was. Really bad episode. Almost Arrow bad.

Caliane

yeah.

the "you wouldn't believe me if I told you" joke, only works if they never tell us. because that statement, within minutes or seconds of "oh that other Jay was a time remnant of myself in the past" sets up some really idiotic levels of expectations. What answer could be more absurd then that? none. no reveal will possibly be satisfying, after that statement.
So it probably means they won't reveal it.. why else would they have him say that? could have just said, "I'm not telling you." And if they don't reveal it.. ffs.

what a mess.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm almost certain they will reveal his identity, because this isn't a show with enough thought behind it to include a character that we absolutely never find out who it was. I mean, even in a normal show, can you imagine them pitching that? "So wait, there's another guy in the prison, that we can't see his face, but we're never going to say who it is? Why do we even have him then? Why not have ten nobodies if we're just trying to indicate that he likes to lock people up?"

The "you wouldn't believe me" comment was clearly a ham-fisted attempt to make us care more than we already do about finding out his identity.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No idea where people come up with this stuff.

Of course they're going to reveal who it is and of course it's going to be a disappointment.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it has to be somebody that zoom despises, hence the iron mask. the original man in the iron mask was supposedly the (twin?) brother of the king.

-crazy theory
so this could be zoom's brother or doppel, somebody named jay varrick? zolomon stole his identity and locked him up and maybe he is a speedster too. when zolomon was a boy he saw his father kill his mother because perhaps she was unfaithful or maybe the dad was unfaithful and had a child with another woman and so zolomon sr was eliminating the old wife to be with the new one. zolomon is keeping this half brother prisoner.

/end crazy theory

Nester

Vyemm Raider
What if the man in the mask is Zoom from the future, who for whatever reason is cured of his psychotic tendencies and feels so much remorse that he goes back in time to talk some sense into himself so he kills less people and is a nicer guy, but of course being ruthless has an edge so present time zoom (or zoom from last year?) beat himself and stole his own speed. He does not want to kill himself in the future because he knows he IS NOT a time remnant so is just keeping him locked up to make him crazy ole zoom again and he does not know what to do with himself and cant stand looking at a good version of his face. Future zoom is actually Jay, (even though jay is made up) part of the cure for "hunter" was to make him believe he was the hero he made up "Jay"

OR

The man in the mask is Zoom from Earth 3.

OR

The man in the mask is Eobard, at the end S1, Eobard see's Jay's flash helmet and knows it and is scared of it, perhaps in the past Eobard was held by Jay/zoom and "Eobard's past" is our present on e2.

The man in the mask is not wally, as it has been shown he is white and looks like blond hair, its very likely imo he is going to be version of jay/zoom

The man in the mask spells out "JAY" so he must have a connection to that name, he cant not be simply saying zoom is jay, because to most folks, zoom is hunter and Jay was a name recently made up.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I'm guessing the man in the mask is the real Jay Garrick, whoever 'the real Jay Garrick' actually is. Unless Eobard recognizing Jay's helmet is just another giant gaping plot hole.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I am starting to think that the mistake being made is that we are taking everything Zoom said to be true. He is probably still up to something and he is lying to them. At least I hope so.