The Flash

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like they'll be fighting the Dominators in the four way crossover.

Invasion.png

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Started back up tonight. I liked the episode, alternate timeline stuff is always amusing to me. Next week episode looks like it'll be pretty good.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Iris literally did the thing we always bitch about, told him she believes in him and he can do it.

I am starting to dislike the timeline shit because it never has any real, lasting impact on the show. At least not in a way that is ever detrimental, anything that "sticks" is always the best outcome for our heroes. Not saying I want the good guys to lose or anything, but unless you're just doing awesome alternate shit like the animated Flashpoint movie, who cares? In an episode or two or even twenty, we'll be right back to the end of last season, except Barry will have "learned his lesson about fucking with the timeline" for realz this time, I promise! Until he says fuck it again, anyway.

I mean, I still like the show, but I sort of rolled my eyes at the ending of this episode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Agreed. "Go faster" "You can do it" " I believe in you" has been old for a while. Part of the problem with superspeed is that only other speedsters can really challenge him, except they don't, because he can always go faster than them as long as someone believes, lol.

I've really enjoyed the show, but it feels like it's just going to be running in place, repeating the same shit. There's also the fact that, IMO Cisco and Wells are what really made it interesting. Plus I really couldn't care less about the Barry + Iris drama.

This season needs to not do the monster of the week. We need one overarching ongoing plot/villian. Also need to focus more on the fun stuff at Star Labs and less on Iris and family drama.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
the only positive thing i got from this episode is that they got rid of 'Rival' in 1 episode and did not drag out another evil speedster for half or a whole season.

I agree that they need some monster of the week or some other underlining story line. I know they are planning a 4 show crossover and from what i've read it's against some alien invaders called 'The Dominators'. I don't know much about it, but it's something to look forward to.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
the only positive thing i got from this episode is that they got rid of 'Rival' in 1 episode and did not drag out another evil speedster for half or a whole season.

I guess you missed the last scene. The guy in bed woken up by the evil voice was Rival aka Edward Clariss.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I guess you missed the last scene. The guy in bed woken up by the evil voice was Rival aka Edward Clariss.
well crap :( I thought it was something different, did/do not know what the "Alchemy" writing was all about.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
well crap :( I thought it was something different, did/do not know what the "Alchemy" writing was all about.

In the comics (from the wiki) Clariss gets his superspeed from a serum he creates, supposedly the same one that Jay Garrick uses, but he doesn't get credit for it, etc. So, chemistry/alchemy. I assume.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The mirror thing is for Doctor Alchemy. Who is supposed to be the real big bad of the season along with Savitar.

Ganthorn

N00b
Do we think Barry stole Kid Flashes speed? His eyes went all extra lightning and he was able to trash the rival and then wally wasn't speed force healing anymore. I believe in some of the comics it is shared between all the speeders and is a finite total amount.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Kind of disappointed with the first episode. Was hoping he created a dystopian Back to the Future II world, like Flashpoint. Instead it was the end of Back to the Future I. Until Kid Flash got stabbed and his powers went away suddenly and Barry went and let his worst nemesis out to kill his moms?

I don't even know what to say, I mean if you're going to create a damned world, at least do more than stab a side character.

I'm still looking forward to watching it, but not nearly as much as I was before the first episode. I mean the layout of the plot for the next episode is, "Barry has to resolve unknown drama issues between the woman who is always embroiled in drama issues.". Who cares, I hope Iris dies in every timeline ever.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, I don't get this new Iris issue bullshit, everything should be as it was. Is Time punishing Barry for fucking with the past? Bleh.

Also, I'm confused. In the alternate timeline, Barry and Iris didn't know each other, and he only knew Joe from work (let's ignore the silly fact that Barry still has the same job), isn't the whole reason Joe adopted Barry is because he and Barry's dad were best friends? The first line of Joe's wiki is "Joe is an old friend of the Allen family."

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I don't get this new Iris issue bullshit, everything should be as it was. Is Time punishing Barry for fucking with the past? Bleh.

Also, I'm confused. In the alternate timeline, Barry and Iris didn't know each other, and he only knew Joe from work (let's ignore the silly fact that Barry still has the same job), isn't the whole reason Joe adopted Barry is because he and Barry's dad were best friends? The first line of Joe's wiki is "Joe is an old friend of the Allen family."
I noticed that too. My guess was that in the alternate timeline Barry wasn't there to force Joe to step up and be the best dad of all time in a "It's a wonderful life" kind of way. So he kind of stepped away from being Barry's dad, his job etc.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
But Joe and Barry's dad were friends before Barry's mom is murdered. Yet, he never met Iris before (when they were kids) and told her that he only knew Joe from work. Does not compute.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
But Joe and Barry's dad were friends before Barry's mom is murdered. Yet, he never met Iris before (when they were kids) and told her that he only knew Joe from work. Does not compute.
Barry and Iris went to school with each other at least from the terrible conversation they had.

I dunno, that whole period spent in that fantasy land was terrible and I'm glad it's gone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Wtf flash, way to stand around why Wally gets owned.

Shooting speedsters is such a cop out.