The Flash

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the trebuchet is simple btw and they would already have them 500 years ago. also i bet if any person were dropped 500 years in the past they would not have any problems drawing up the plans to an automobile or a plane.

Devlin

Golden Squire
In one of the origin stories for him he has a genetically engineered high intelligence and somewhat of a scientist. Hence "Professor" Zoom.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Or, that little zappy gizmo really could have sucked out more than just his face and brought most of his knowledge along with it. Who knows, maybe 500 years in the future stealing people's brains is all the rage and you can pick one of those things up at a 7-11.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
First thing I thought about when he used that device was holy shit, Fringe tie in or what?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
also i bet if any person were dropped 500 years in the past they would not have any problems drawing up the plans to an automobile or a plane.
Plans? I mean, I could draw apictureof a car or plane. Poorly. I'm assuming you meant any person with a computer loaded with those plans already?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm assuming you meant any person with a computer loaded with those plans already?
Or who obviously has active access to a computer in the future feeding back status information could just say "download these plans for me, wouldya?"

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I didn't really think about him being able to use wikipedia from the future via Gideon.

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
Consider how much storage a computer from 500 years in the future would hold and I don't think you even need an active connection to the future.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Consider how much storage a computer from 500 years in the future would hold and I don't think you even need an active connection to the future.
back in the 90s my dad treated himself to the top of the line dell PC. he paid over 3,000 bucks for a machine that had a 3 gig HD, 28 megs of ram, 28kbps modem and a 14 meg video card. 20 years ago i would never have imagined what can be had for next to nothing these days.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
those numbers are all over the fucking place. 3 gig hard drives and 14 meg video card and 28 megs of ram? uh huh tell us more grampa.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
those numbers are all over the fucking place. 3 gig hard drives and 14 meg video card and 28 megs of ram? uh huh tell us more grampa.
this was 1995, some of those numbers may be off a bit, but not far off.

also the original requirements for everquest. this is just 16 years ago
MINIMUM PC REQUIREMENTS
Minimum CPU Type: Pentium
Minimum CPU Speed: 200 MHz
Minimum RAM Required: 64 MB
Minimum Hard Disk Space: 600 MB
Graphics Type: SVGA
Graphics Resolution: Multiple Resolutions
Color Depth: 256 Colors
so yeah imagine tech 500 years ahead of what we have now.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally got back in town and got caught up. Great episode and the special effects during Barry/reverse was awesome.

Also who the hell are some of these characters, the guy with no eyes, that isnt supposed to be parasite is it? Grodd doesnt look as good in this promo but whatever, everything else has been awesome

Caliane

ITESw26.jpg

Gideon is basically Skeets. so much so, it was a large part of wondering if Wells was Rip Hunter. And yeah, Skeets has the last 700 years of newspaper headlines, etc in his memory banks.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I wonder if them having Eobard Thawne bodysnatch Harrison Wells is them trying to make a backdoor to keep Tom Cavanagh on the show? If Barry changes history such that Eobard never bodysnatches Cavanagh then you could have a 'good' Harrison Wells in the picture or have the Harrison Wells personality take over or somesuch.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I wonder if them having Eobard Thawne bodysnatch Harrison Wells is them trying to make a backdoor to keep Tom Cavanagh on the show? If Barry changes history such that Eobard never bodysnatches Cavanagh then you could have a 'good' Harrison Wells in the picture or have the Harrison Wells personality take over or somesuch.
That's what I'm thinking. Barry will change the past so that Tom Cavanagh can remain a show regular.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wondercon spoiler for season 2, unless they somehow sneak it in this season but I doubt they have time

Aside from the heartwarming interplay, the panel was notable for the sheer volume of hints and outright spoilers. The biggest: Panabaker confirmed that her character will transform into the antihero and occasional tragic villain Killer Frost, possibly by the end of the current season.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Speaking of Skeets, I wouldloveto see a Booster Gold series.
I've said it before (possibly even in this thread), but I'd love Beetle/Booster series or movie. It could easily be DC's version of GotG (i.e. more lighthearted fare). But wait until they wrap Supernatural so you can get Ben Edlund writing it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Good thought. They could also clean up the pipeline prison mess at the same time. When time fixes itself, we can fast forward another 5 years to when barry was supposed to get his powers, but he will remember the old timeline and we can skip past the learning stage and get a fresh start.

"I am your father". hahahahaha
maybe i'm just being too much of a nerd, but I really wanted the kid to respond with "No, No. That's not true. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"