The Flash

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Do we count this as us converting Chuk or supertouch alienating Chuk from the dark side?
Eh, he likes a lot of the stuff everyone else does. Sometimes he fixates on a particular facet and won't let it go, but in general he doesn't really have that different of an opinion despite what everyone says. And I don't doubt for a minute that he truly feels the way he posts, so I know he's never trolling. Supertouch, on the other hand, is either doing it on purpose (my guess) or really does have horrible taste.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think i have a mild form of OCD where if i see something wrong with something it can irk me enough to make me go out and fix it and if i cant fix it then i will be bummed out. i get like that with a lot of things, not just movies and tv. if i see the hottest girl in the world and she has some stupid tattoo on her, it totally ruins any and all hotness she has. as for supertouch, i dunno whats up with him.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
grrr came here to post the air date to find this thread lol.... guess i'll check it out tonight, but if you want to wait..

"The Flash" will premiere on Tuesday, October 7 at 8 p.m. Eastern Time with "Arrow" premiering on Wednesday, October 8 at 8 p.m. Eastern Time. An encore presentation of "The Flash" pilot will follow the season three premiere of "Arrow."

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I really liked it. I do agree it seemed fairly rushed, but I'm really interested in where they can go with this. Smallville had meteors, Flash has an explosion, works for me. Thanks for the link broski!

Terial

Trakanon Raider
just finished it, really enjoyed it too, gives me the superhero fix i need and am now looking forward for it to start.
I did like that Barry's dad was the Flash from the early 90's Flash series
smile.png

question though,
at the very end, who is he supposed to be, you know star labs guy?
I do like the newspaper article though, wayne and quinn industries merger complete, and the other article, about the red sky clearing up.. hence someone turned the sky red to assist in a battle against Superman?

Column_sl

shitlord
just finished it, really enjoyed it too, gives me the superhero fix i need and am now looking forward for it to start.
I did like that Barry's dad was the Flash from the early 90's Flash series
smile.png

question though,
I do like the newspaper article though, wayne and quinn industries merger complete, and the other article, about the red sky clearing up.. hence someone turned the sky red to assist in a battle against Superman?
It's all crisis stuff, red skies were the omen of impending doom of that planet into the crisis.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Regarding the end:

In 1985 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of DC Comics the first huge crossover occurred titled Crisis on Infinite Earths. Crisis, as it has become to be known, marked the final end of the Silver Age of comics and cemented the launch of the Modern Age with a fairly encompassing reboot of characters 'post-Crisis' into one cohesive timeline and universe. Superman again became the last son of Krypton (Supergirl now never existed etc.), Wonder Woman was recreated, and a number of characters from other companies that DC had purchased now became standard members of the DC Universe (Blue Beetle, Shazam/Captain Marvel etc.) and Barry Allen sacrificed himself to save the universe resulting in Wally West taking on the mantle of The Flash for the next 30 years while Barry was very much dead. This is also why Flash in the Justice League animated series is Wally West because for over a generation of fans Wally had been the only Flash they knew. One of the hallmarks of Crisis was that the skies turned blood red as all the other earths appeared in the sky and the heroes of different universes united to combat the Anti-Monitor.

The end shows us that the professor guy is very much from the future and furthermore that they fully intend to make some use of Crisis in the DC Television Universe. The level of geekgasm I had when I saw the red skies and 'Crisis' in the newspaper headline was pretty much off the charts.

It is worth noting that in recent years Barry came back from the dead during another weaker Crisis and then proceeded to travel back in time and save his mom who was killed by the Reverse Flash in order to make Barry into a hero. Doing this changed all of history and resulted in Flashpoint at the end of which Barry fixes things but instead of setting things back the way they were it reboots the DC Universe again into what is called the New52...which is terrible but that's another topic for another day.

Tea_sl

shitlord
Finally watched this. I thought it was pretty terrible. Weak writing, weak acting, weak pacing. Hopefully it catches its stride because I want to like it.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Haven't watched this yet, but am willing to cut it slack as it's a pilot, and pilots usually aren't that great. I will watch at least 5 episodes. Can't be worse than Shield, can it?

Tea_sl

shitlord
I thought it was marginally worse than the Shield pilot. I'll give it a chance. I thought Arrow started out pretty shaky to, but God damn did it get good.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its very raw, but nothing extraneous for a pilot. you want to see a terrible pilot, go check out the pilot for the original star trek.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I thought it was marginally worse than the Shield pilot. I'll give it a chance. I thought Arrow started out pretty shaky to, but God damn did it get good.
Nothing is worse than Shield.

Okay maybe Dexter.

I don't know what people are expecting tbh, it's a superhero show primarily aimed at a teen audience, if you were expecting high art then you came to the wrong place.

I thought it was decent, it had Flash's primary nemesis in the first episode and references to others sprinkled throughout, the effects were completely acceptable. They made a reference to Grodd as well which I thought was pretty brave, they could have taken the Agents of Shield approach and put in a load of no name bastards of the week.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I liked it quite a bit, only thing i would say is if felt rushed. Definitely no where near Sheild, that comparison is rediculous

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just wanted it with the wife. We both think it was a very solid first episode. And as she put it "At least it's not ashamed to be a super hero show like Arrow is."

TheOkapi

Molten Core Raider
I fucking love this pilot. I was never a huge fan of the Flash as a character (though I did watch the brief live action version when it was on), and this felt like they tweaked just enough of the cannon to make it more palatable to a broader audience. As a pretty big comic nerd, I am extremely pleased to see the arc they are using to start. Very promising.

question though,
800px-Reverse_Flash_009.jpg

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I would much rather they cram the whole origin and backfill into one pilot episode than give us 2 years of "back to my days on the island" flashbacks...