The Flash

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Awesome episode but wtf is the stupid shit with getting wells to admit he killed Barrys mom

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Awesome episode but wtf is the stupid shit with getting wells to admit he killed Barrys mom
Because without a confession they can't get Barry's Dad out of prison...like Barry said multiple times. Did you actually watch the episode?

Homsar

Pretty sure they could prove the dads innocence besides try to explain a man from the future that has changed bodies killed his mom. Was Wells even in the city that year and how old would he have been when his mom was murdered? Barry can easily get his dad out of prison without a confession

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you serious? If he could easily get his dad out of prison without that confession why the hell hasn't he done it yet? They found him kneeling over her with the bloody knife in his hand and no witnesses (because little Barry was taken so far away that the cops showed up before he got back home.

There is absolutely nothing short of a confession from the actual killer that could get Barry's dad out of prison.

Homsar

So anyone saying they killed his mom would free his dad? even if they werent even in the city? he can prove the original statements given are possible. Everyman acting and knowing as if he was Wells didnt makes sense either, why did he act like he was going to kill Cisco that way either?

Ganthorn

N00b
I liked when they were talking to the computer and it was describing him to himself and it was like Founding member of the and then they all start blabbing and shut it up lol

Homsar

Them interacting with Gideon was great, why did Iris finally know Barry was the Flash?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Them interacting with Gideon was great, why did Iris finally know Barry was the Flash?
wow you really didnt watch the episode. barry transferred a spark to iris when he was in a coma and she touched his hand. later when barry rescues iris before he leaves he transfers another spark to her hand when he touches it. she then makes the connection and says "barry?"

btw the voice of gideon is that cute doctor chick in gotham.

Radge_sl

shitlord
wow you really didnt watch the episode. barry transferred a spark to iris when he was in a coma and she touched his hand. later when barry rescues iris before he leaves he transfers another spark to her hand when he touches it. she then makes the connection and says "barry?
I know anything to do with Iris is always horrible written, however that had to be one of the biggest jumps in logic of all time. "Oh, I randomly got static-shocked ONCE when I touched my friend a year ago, and then I get shocked again when this super-hero speeds away from me. CLEARLY MY FRIEND IS A SUPERHERO!". That is just so stupid that I can't even make a funny comment out of it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in their defense, that was not the only connection. barry almost had his normal voice in that rescue scene and he was acting like barry, so when the spark thing happened it was like a reminder that the spark thing happened with barry in a coma. thats not to say that barry was the only one to ever give her a static shock, but it was singular because it happened when she visited him at star labs before he woke up and it etched an associated memory into her mind.

its like if you and i went to go see Predator at the movies and every time we would meet up, we would do the "you son of a bitch" muscle flexing handshake thing. then we havent seen each other in years and all of a sudden somebody says to you. "you son of a bitch" and smacks your hand. you would instantly know it was me before you saw who was doing it.

oh and the complete story from that future news clipping

Column_sl

shitlord
Believe that's the first time that Green Arrow has been mentioned in either shows. I doubt the title will ever change tho

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So anyone saying they killed his mom would free his dad? even if they werent even in the city? he can prove the original statements given are possible. Everyman acting and knowing as if he was Wells didnt makes sense either, why did he act like he was going to kill Cisco that way either?
Argue its merit all you want, but that's definitely what the show was implying

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I don't get the "we have to get him to confess" thing either as , at least at this point, no court would take "Yeah, I'm a time traveler from hundreds of years in the future who came back here to kill a kid who would eventually be my enemy. The kids future self traveled back and saved himself from me, so I threw a tantrum and stabbed him mom, then framed his dad. Afterwards I body snatched a scientist so I could create the accident which turns the kid into one of the strongest heroes on the planet (and subsequently my enemy)."

How, exactly does that confession get his dad out of prison in a world which is just now starting to see ANY metahumans?

On the other hand, it facilitated them moving the plot for the season along quickly and setting up for the season finale, so I am not too upset over it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah that's actually a good question, I had been assuming that Gideon was from Eobard's time. In fact, how the hell did he have time to grab Gideon's hardware while he was battling Flash? Wasn't he stranded here right after he killed Nora?

Caliane

Gideon can monitor the future timeline.

Now where did Gideon come from? dunno. skeets like tech can be small. Skeets was built into Boosters suit at one point. And even remote Skeets is about the size of a cereal box.
So Gideon could have easily been in the suit, in the ring, or any other piece of handheld tech.

yes, the idea of a confession from a timetraveller is needed is a bit lol. as really any court case would suddenly have ALL the crazy shit being revealed.
you "could" possibly just have the confession and write everything else off as crazy. blood proving he was there.. although, having to explain how you got the blood sample.. lol.

Column_sl

shitlord
Wasn't Gideon on Thrawne when he killed Nora that night, she talks to him. I assume that Gideon's operating system is super small, ( We know from the newspaper that the Atom exists in there timeline), and was stolen by him before the time jump.

The newspaper thing, I have no idea. Something they will need to explain to the audience. I could maybe buy Gideon monitoring a specific point in the future that has occurred in one timeline, but this is past the point of their disappearance.