The Flash

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm just going to assume CW isn't retarded and the events of this episode somehow flow smoothly into tomorrow night's Arrow rather than being a poorly planned spoiler.
One of the Arrow previews already gives you the link from this episode. It actually makes more sense now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I cannot imagine the amount of nerd jizz issuing forth from Chuk when he saw the suit shoot out of the ring.
that whole ending i was like a little sissy saying. oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god.
that was so goddamned cool. i feel like crying nerd tears at its beauty. gavin, i wont say i told you so because i am so happy the ring suit is in this show.

Caliane

yeah that was pretty baller, iris gonna iris, didnt give a crap, cuz grodd was so fucking cool.

oh and OMFG next week gonna be even better.
did you guys miss that the ring suit was in this preview trailer last week?

I was kindof meh on this episode.

Cold hamming it up. bizarre acting. Character is way too cartoonish, not serious enough.
Letting crazy people out for a "favor". Letting criminals out for a favor sure. But not psycho's. Granted not everyone in there actually was. but Barry said they were... so as far as he knew, they were all mass murdering lunatics.
Barry himself. The show keeps pointing out how dodgy the shit they are doing is.. Peek-a-boo is pretty clearly not a mass murdering sociopath.. you were seriously about to send her to some foreign gulag? There is no situation where you are not the villain there Barry.

They could have eased that up by having Cold do research on them maybe. so he did have dossiers, and even have had him try to recruit Weather wizard, Peek-a-boo, while specifically icing the Mist, etc.
That said, I do wonder if they are setting up a Rogues revenge. Cold did just let out a bunch of bad guys. Maybe it will come back and bite him in the ass.

Wells went down fast. not much of a climax there.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I was disappointed in this episode. The whole moving the meta storyline was pretty bad.

I am hoping the real battle with the Reverse Flash is next week, because while it was very cool, it was way too short and anti-climatic.

The costume out of the ring was just plain awesome though. I am hoping Barry will keep it for himself.
smile.png

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Love the episode, cold actually wasnt terrible. As far as the final fight, I loved the slow motion shots from previous episodes but how much would it cost to make a long fight scene like that? atleast it seems like they are trying and giving us Grodd and Reverse flash with whatever budget they have

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Disagree (with Val), thought the ending was satisfying. Obviously that isn't the climax of the season finale and Barry will fight Wells again before it's over.

It was good to see that Ollie wouldn't be completely outclassed by Wells and put a decent beating on him.

On second thought
Why didn't Oliver just shoot him with the tranquilizer arrow in the first place?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Disagree (with Val), thought the ending was satisfying. Obviously that isn't the climax of the season finale and Barry will fight Wells again before it's over.

It was good to see that Ollie wouldn't be completely outclassed by Wells and put a decent beating on him.

On second thought
Why didn't Oliver just shoot him with the tranquilizer arrow in the first place?
My assumption was that he shot him with Nanites again. Tranquilizers don't work on speedsters, they metabolize them too quickly. I think it would be a bit much for Palmer to have developed anti-Flash nanites AND anti-Flash tranquilizers on such short notice.

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
This.
I am hoping the real battle with the Reverse Flash is next week, because while it was very cool, it was way too short and anti-climatic.
After Ollie and Firestorm showed up, and it went to commercial, I thought the show was over. Glad I waited around to see next weeks preview.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It is clear that this episode of Flash takes place before last weeks episode of Arrow
How? It looks to me like they might be showing them in the correct order. Maybe ollie will disappear at the beginning of tonight's episode.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well it's clear that they've jumped ahead at least a little bit from where the last episode of Arrow ended, but I'm going to assume they'll explain that properly in this episode.

Devlin

Golden Squire

On second thought
That was fucking stupid, how would you be able to shoot a speedster with an arrow in the first place.

Arrow is Squirrel Girl.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That was fucking stupid, how would you be able to shoot a speedster with an arrow in the first place.

Arrow is Squirrel Girl.
By anticipating where he's going to be? I mean you knew when they called in Ray and Ollie it was going to be Ollie who got the takedown. How was Grodd able to react in time to grab his hand and throw him in the middle of a supersonic punch last week?

I mean yeah it's a bit silly, but that's the quintessential problem with speedsters interacting with other characters in comic related media. How does a non-speedster ever stand any chance against a speedster unless they're completely invulnerable to anything the speedster can do? That's why they wrote Quicksilver out of Days of Future Past immediately after his 'omg im the most powerful mutant that will ever exist' scene.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
By anticipating where he's going to be? I mean you knew when they called in Ray and Ollie it was going to be Ollie who got the takedown. How was Grodd able to react in time to grab his hand and throw him in the middle of a supersonic punch last week?

I mean yeah it's a bit silly, but that's the quintessential problem with speedsters interacting with other characters in comic related media. How does a non-speedster ever stand any chance against a speedster unless they're completely invulnerable to anything the speedster can do? That's why they wrote Quicksilver out of Days of Future Past immediately after his 'omg im the most powerful mutant that will ever exist' scene.
You mean ronnie. I was wondering why Ray didn't make the trip. At any rate, it felt believable to me because he shot him from behind while he was not moving super fast. Both times. If it had been a case of him shooting across his path and hitting him, or hitting him when his attention was fully on ollie, I could see the issue.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They've made it pretty clear that Oliver's equalizer with metas are his ability to strategize and plan so I'm completely ok with this outcome. If he'd beaten Zoom in a straight up fist fight, that would have been stupid

Devlin

Golden Squire
They've made it pretty clear that Oliver's equalizer with metas are his ability to strategize and plan so I'm completely ok with this outcome. If he'd beaten Zoom in a straight up fist fight, that would have been stupid
So the Batman defence then.

I agree it was obvious they were going to make the shittiest one with no powers be the one to take down Zoom but still.

Fuck Arrow.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Well how the fuck was anyone else gunna do it? He's faster than barry and what do you think a fireball is gunna do to zoom other than distract him? I'm sure in the new series, they will play up firestorm's genius side. But right now, he's just an angsty fireballer. He had less chance of stopping zoom than heatwave had of stopping barry.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Serious, don't get why anyone would get their panties in such a bind over Ollie getting the takedown when he has already taken Barry down twice.

Wells obviously isn't done yet either.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
As for Firestorm, I suspect in the new series they'll evolve more of his abilities in the line of being able to transmute matter.