The Flash

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If they plan to keep doing crossovers with Arrow (and any future shows) they're going to have to keep time travel consequences either very minimal or in quickly resolved stories. I can't see them doing an entire season where the present timeline is all messed up ala Flash Point, since that would heavily affect Arrow and any other spinoffs.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't see them doing an entire season where the present timeline is all messed up ala Flash Point, since that would heavily affect Arrow and any other spinoffs.
Only if they don't "fix" it at the end.

I'd love an occasional few episode arc of alternate timeline episodes.Elseworldsfor the TV shows basically.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes I would love if say they had a time cataclysm for the season finale, and the first couple (several?) episodes of the next season for each show were spent in the new continuity until Barry fixed it. Basically a mini-flashpoint.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yes I would love if say they had a time cataclysm for the season finale, and the first couple (several?) episodes of the next season for each show were spent in the new continuity until Barry fixed it. Basically a mini-flashpoint.
And basically even when he "fixed it" have certain minor changes still around, which only he would know about.... like the original canary back on Arrow.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah that comes up pretty much every time someone brings up Flashpoint. The best any Laurel haters will ever get is for Caity to come back and play Sara for the duration of alternate reality, and then it goes back to Laurel once Barry fixes it. Aside from that, the soonest you could ever realistically expect the writers to cave in to all the Laurel hate and bring back Sara would be Season 5, and with Caity being cast in the ATOM spinoff, that maybe is starting to look more and more like a never.

Besides they're pretty heavily foreshadowing that we'll finally get a badass Black Canary again in Season 4. She's being trained by a member/former member of the League, so if they have the usual time lapse between seasons she'll have more than enough time to stop being a flailing retard.

Also, in case someone doesn't want this spoiled about her in season 4

They've said that Cisco is going to do something to bring back the canary cry in season 4. Dunno if it will just be the same handheld dealies that Sara had, or if it will be something else.

Ganthorn

N00b
They've said that Cisco is going to do something to bring back the canary cry in season 4. Dunno if it will just be the same handheld dealies that Sara had, or if it will be something else.
As soon as they did the Pied Piper episode I figured they would use that tech for her cry. Something she could wear instead of have to have a handheld thing.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've been saying eddie is going to turn into Zoom or Zolomon for a while but I'm asuming thats a shape shifter in the preview.

Also anyone read any of the comics with the Black flash/Death character? never bothered since it the stories seemed like a mess for the most part

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If they plan to keep doing crossovers with Arrow (and any future shows) they're going to have to keep time travel consequences either very minimal or in quickly resolved stories. I can't see them doing an entire season where the present timeline is all messed up ala Flash Point, since that would heavily affect Arrow and any other spinoffs.
I see your point, but I don't think that's a deal killer. There wouldn't have to be a whole lot of changes in Arrow and they could always fast forward Arrow 5 years too and have him meet Flash for the first time again. They seem pretty stuck on the 1 season = 1 year in show time, but I'm sure they realize they're going to run out of space to do flashbacks in a couple of years. Having something like this that flashes forward gives them 5 more years worth of flashbacks they can do. This time it could be while he's training to be the new rhas. IF they wanna take arrow in that direction that is. Maybe they don't, but the point is, it's not insurmountable.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I see your point, but I don't think that's a deal killer. There wouldn't have to be a whole lot of changes in Arrow and they could always fast forward Arrow 5 years too and have him meet Flash for the first time again. They seem pretty stuck on the 1 season = 1 year in show time, but I'm sure they realize they're going to run out of space to do flashbacks in a couple of years. Having something like this that flashes forward gives them 5 more years worth of flashbacks they can do. This time it could be while he's training to be the new rhas. IF they wanna take arrow in that direction that is. Maybe they don't, but the point is, it's not insurmountable.
I believe they've already confirmed the Season 4 flashbacks will be his time in the Bratva, so Season 5 will be whatever happened to land him back on Lian Yu and if they continue past Season 5 we might finally be done with the flashbacks.

Also, how would they have an extra 5 years of flashbacks if they fast forwarded the show 5 years? He'd just be remembering shit that happened when he was the Arrow, unless in this new timeline he was missing for 10 years instead of just 5.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
As I said, this time it could be 5 years of his training with ras. Whatever it is, it would be 5 years that we didn't see in the show.

Kasted_sl

shitlord
What makes you all even think that Barry will retain time travel powers after he fights with Wells? It seems pretty obvious that Wells is training Barry to improve his powers so he can suck them away and recharge. I'm kind of expecting a good bit of power reset with that, or else his powers will be off the charts soon.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I thought it was more that Wells can access the speed force but doesn't have the kind of active bond to it that Barry does. So he could store up speed force and use it, but eventually runs out. Once he did he realized he needed an actual speedster present in the world so he would be in close enough proximity to get the juice he needed. So he body snatches the real Wells to create the Flash sooner. He's so obsessed with the future because he's trying to change the past for his own benefit without screwing up the future.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually assume he's trying to change things as little as possible so that his own future is as intact as possible when he returns to it.

Although the show suggests that time will do what it can to correct itself. Why else would Barry still get hit by lightning when the particle accelerator accident happened 5 years sooner? Similarly, all the bad stuff that happens after Barry messes with time to save Joe and the Captain.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Also anyone read any of the comics with the Black flash/Death character? never bothered since it the stories seemed like a mess for the most part
ya, I have. You're absolutely right, they are a mess

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
When's the next episode?
tuesday.

i think the show might have already shown us how wells intends to get back home. he is going to prep barry til he can time travel at will, when he reaches that point, wells will use his litle jumper cable device to litch barry's mana pool/hp til either he becomes barry or is able to time travel again.