The Flash

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait, did you guys really think she was going to survive the episode? The writers scrounged through the DC speedster list to find the most insignificant and unimportant one they possibly could, of course she was going to die. Besides, if they want to use her again in a later season they can just say she didn't actually die, she got sucked into the speed force because she was going too fast/didn't have enough control. There's even precedent for that, Wally gets sucked into the speed force in the JLU cartoon from using too much speed when he stops Brainiac/Luthor after the rest of the League is down, and I'm sure something similar has happened in the comics.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes the team to find out that Zoom isn't actually Jay.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Pretty ridiculous they put together it was Jay based on the blue streaks. It seems more likely to assume it would be a different color because of the higher speeds they both reached. Then there's the whole Zoom killing Jay and bringing him through the portal thing which makes no sense outside the inevitable different version/future Jay he'll end up being.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Uh, it's not Jay, it's some version of Hunter Zolomon. I wonder if Caitlyn will even remember Jay showing her his Earth 1 doppleganger. If they're really doing a crossover with Supergirl, it opens the possibility that Zoom isn't even from Earth 2 in the first place.

The CW isn't exactly subtle or tricky when it comes to foreshadowing things. When they revealed Dr Wells was the Reverse Flash, I remember myself and some others coming up with all sorts of weird theories about how it wasn't actually him right up until the murder Cisco episode. So yeah, revealing Hunter Zolomon means that somehow Hunter Zolomon is Zoom. It may basically be a spoiler to those of us who know the comics, but I'm pretty sure 95% of their viewers will be amazed when it gets revealed.

Also, they didn't jump straight from blue streaks to Zoom is Jay. Blue lightning made Barry think of Zoom, they all assumed the velocity 9 killed Eliza, they assumed that Zoom was also taking velocity because of the blue lightning, then they theorized that the velocity was killing him which is why he was trying to steal Barry's speed, Barry connected Zoom's velocity issues with Jay, then Cisco realized that every time he vibed Zoom he was near Jay's helmet.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
haha yeah.

Killing her off was lame.
They had to kill her off, and then conveniently save her mask and costume...
which will happen to be exactly Jesse's size when (instead of discovering and repeating the speed force formula as a mantra) the V9 (now stabilized/diluted by the transfusion) makes her a speedster... obviously.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why is that in a spoiler? We've been assuming she would become a speedster from the first moment they mentioned Wells' daughter was named Jesse.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I figured the metahuman Yokai Watch beeping while they went out to party was either it triggering off latent Jeese or perhaps Wally metahuman-ness. Especially Jesse given that the watch was, I thought, synched to Earth 2 metas and had not beeped when Wells was wearing it near Barry before.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought it did beep near barry when he first gave it to her. They even made a comment about how it would be annoying or not much good. But like you, I thought it was beeping for her or wally too since barry was already near her. I figured it had some way to keep from re-alerting on the same meta. Thinking back to when we saw it before in Earth 2 jitters, they beeped before killer frost and firestorm showed up but I don't remember them constantly beeping through the entire encounter.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I would image that if Wells was smart enough to build the watch he could easily build a "whitelist" of trusted meta human's it wouldn't go off around and Barry and Cisco should be on it. On the other hand....

He wasn't smart enough to take his personal logs off it before giving it to his daughter, although the outrage I didn't get. Gee, your dad says he would kill to protect you. Guess what, that is kinda dad 101 shit right there.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Big difference between killing to protect your daughter and murdering someone in cold blood to protect your daughter. Not that she actually knew exactly what he did.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, as far as she knows, he didn't kill anyone, he was just willing to.

Agree, at least saying that kinda shit is dad 101. Especially with a daughter when boys start coming around.

Even if a whitelist wasn't possible, surely he was smart enough to tune it to pick up earth1 metas.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
He killed the slow mo guy with what looked like a Total Recall nose tracking extract tool and I think he killed one off screen or alluded to but I am quite possibly mixing the second one up.

He wasn't smart enough to take his personal logs off it before giving it to his daughter, although the outrage I didn't get. Gee, your dad says he would kill to protect you. Guess what, that is kinda dad 101 shit right there.
youre right, it should have been

cMCDm3y.jpg

on the watch