The Flash

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Why does Barry have to do it alone anyway. Why not just recruit Superman and Supergirl to just capture Zoom.
They established in the cross over that it's an alternate Earth, and he probably doesn't have the control to selectively pick out that particular one yet....

I also agree about how he was an idiot just wanting to screw the timeline... I actually asked my wife at one point "Honey, did the horrible writing on Supergirl somehow follow him back here?"

Ganthorn

N00b
They established in the cross over that it's an alternate Earth, and he probably doesn't have the control to selectively pick out that particular one yet....
I'm pretty sure the supergirl episode actually took place after this flash episode. He mentioned he was working on his speed and also had one of those tachyon things on his chest like wells had on his reverse flash suit and was mentioned this episode. They just happened to air them backwards because supergirl airs on monday.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The episode before he was literally chilling with a Kryptonian lmao. Out of options my ass
The Supergirl episode takes place after this Flash episode. This wasn't thought out like the Flarrow crossovers. Flash was a couple episodes ahead in production than Supergirl when they decided to have the crossover.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What? His whole plan in season 1 was to make Barry faster so I'm not sure why that's such a stretch. He even explained a few times that this was complete desperation and that he had absolutely no idea what else to do. Plus, the whole "tell me how to do this and you win, don't tell me and you lose" thing was pretty effective
Yeah his bluff after Thawne figured out who he was worked, but before that Thawne never would have helped him become THAT much faster. He needed Barry fast enough to open the wormhole but not fast enough that Thawne couldn't still easily beat him.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Does Supergirl appear on the Flash as part of the crossover, or only The Flash on Supergirl?

If it's a 2 way crossover, which episode comes first?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah his bluff after Thawne figured out who he was worked, but before that Thawne never would have helped him become THAT much faster. He needed Barry fast enough to open the wormhole but not fast enough that Thawne couldn't still easily beat him.
One thing that bugs me is when he reappeared in this season with all the Earth 2 stuff going on and Barry beat him in like 20 seconds. Yet he then decided he needed to go back and get his help to become faster? Come on...

Column_sl

shitlord
Does Supergirl appear on the Flash as part of the crossover, or only The Flash on Supergirl?

The whole thing seemed to conclude in one episode on CBS

Maybe they will have her crossover later in the Flash series

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
He's not looking to go just go faster than Thawne, they've shown that he already is. What He's trying to do is figure out how increasing speed with the speedforce actually works since training montages don't seem to be working

Caliane

Barry needs the viewing audience to tell him he has to go faster, and have confidence that he can go faster.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Would have been interesting to have him see Pied Piper when he came back and go whoa... Then Wells comes out in hi wheelchair.

Devlin

Golden Squire
The writing was the same as always. While they were EXPLICITLY telling him how dangerous it was and not to fuck up I knew he would absolutely go back and fuck up everything asap.

Never disappoints.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

I asked this before and never got an answer. But it seems like it's only in the supergirl. My guess is that CBS thinks their starlett is too big to appear on a CW show.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
One thing that bugs me is when he reappeared in this season with all the Earth 2 stuff going on and Barry beat him in like 20 seconds. Yet he then decided he needed to go back and get his help to become faster? Come on...
You and astro are watching the show together now?
1. The version that reappeared this season was an earlier version of thawne. Why so hard to believe thawne was less powerful?
2. Did you notice that the last version of thawne didn't hate barry yet? They actually set up why thawne hated barry as being because barry hated thawne. From each of their perspectives they hate the other one because the other one hated him first. It's been said here that thawne was originally a huge fanboy in the comic books, but when he started going back in time to meet barry, barry would fight him. We also saw that in the last message thawne left for barry, which is why barry thought thawne would be willing to help.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I asked this before and never got an answer. But it seems like it's only in the supergirl. My guess is that CBS thinks their starlett is too big to appear on a CW show.
That's a likely answer, but also not something they would publicly admit so nobody can give a definite answer. It's a flawed old school mentality that needs to die.

Supergirl's just as, if not more, likely to get more Flash viewers viewing regularly by showing up on his show. I have no idea what time it's on and don't care enough to seek it out, but if she was on something I was watching and appeared interesting then I'd check it out.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You and astro are watching the show together now?
1. The version that reappeared this season was an earlier version of thawne. Why so hard to believe thawne was less powerful?
2. Did you notice that the last version of thawne didn't hate barry yet? They actually set up why thawne hated barry as being because barry hated thawne. From each of their perspectives they hate the other one because the other one hated him first. It's been said here that thawne was originally a huge fanboy in the comic books, but when he started going back in time to meet barry, barry would fight him. We also saw that in the last message thawne left for barry, which is why barry thought thawne would be willing to help.
Not to mention he wasn't faster than Thawne, he just predicted what he was going to do and that's how he caught him. Barry flat out said Thawne is faster than him. And no, Thawne already hated Barry when he came back in season 2.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not to mention he wasn't faster than Thawne, he just predicted what he was going to do and that's how he caught him. Barry flat out said Thawne is faster than him.
I must have missed that part, when did he mention that? I remember him telling Thawne that he'll never be able to beat him (Barry) again.