The Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Or you can just eat a box of Cheez-Its and save yourself the trouble, and they'll taste better.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Ahaha, funny you mention that. I went through a bunch of them just today. I bought a loaf of whole grain panini bread (9 slices in the pack) and a pack of Kraft singles and went through all of the bread and cheese. I had plenty of mayo in the fridge.
What kind of sadist sells bread that is obviously intended for sandwich use in an odd number of slices. That's just cruel.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
What kind of sadist sells bread that is obviously intended for sandwich use in an odd number of slices. That's just cruel.
Yeah, it's kind of annoying, but the bread is delicious so I let it slide. My last sandwich always ends up being one of those fold-it-in-half mini sandwiches since it's an odd slice.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Is it like mass-market bread or done at the bakery in the supermarket? 9 slices is strange.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Bump from very early in this thread....

I'm not a big drinker at all... My alcohol budget is non-existent to some of you people.

I bought a case of beer about 2 months ago. There's still a few bottles. Sam Adam's Oktoberfest comes out on Monday, so I plan on buying 3 cases to stock them. That'll be around $100-105 range. But that should last me around 5 months. Maybe 4 if I drink more so than usual.
Another Oktoberfest that I plan on buying is Ayinger. It's $60 for a 12 pack. I think I'll buy one, just because it's one of the top 10 Oktoberfests out there, and it's delicious.

I also bought 5 bottles of wine when we went to Sandcastle Winery right before the summer started. I still have 3 remaining. I'm glad that I don't drink much, because it saves a lot of money. But at the same time, I still don't have a ton sitting around either. Confusing.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
My beer drinking has dropped off drastically with having a 1 year old kid now. It's not that I don't still like to drink, it's just that most nights by the time dinner is done and the kid is in bed, I'm just too damn tired to drink. I used to drink a couple beers while watching TV or gaming or something, but now I get halfway through 1 and I fall asleep in my chair.

Football season should help that a bit, you gotta have beer when watching football. Crazy thing is, I still buy a lot of beer, various seasonals that I love as they come out, but they are just stockpiling up in my basement. Guess I need to throw a huge party to get rid of some of it.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Octoberfest is my favorite Sam Adams seasonal. I always try to get at least a six pack of it in the fall although it's hit and miss because the beer selection in my little town is pretty weak.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
If Sam Adams is your go to, I'd fucking commit suicide in your god damn town.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
If Sam Adams is your go to, I'd fucking commit suicide in your god damn town.
Its one of the best beers that is available nationwide. Otherwise, your choices are Bud, Miller, and coors products. There's only a couple microbreweries that are in all 50 states, and Sam Adams is one of them, Sierra Nevada *might* be, but I'm not sure. Very few microbreweries distribute everywhere. There's nothing wrong with their Boston Lager, Winter Lager, or Octoberfest. I like all 3 of those quite a bit, sure there are better local beers out there, but those are all solid choices.

Also obligatoryThe Beer Threadbefore we derail too far

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can't derail the food thread with food!

USAF_A-10_Thunderbolt_II_after_taking_on_fuel_over_Afghanistan.jpg

The Master

Bronze Squire
So speaking of Warthogs, I'm debating doing a whole pig for my upcoming housewarming. I've helped someone do it before so not concerned with the cooking, but where do you find a whole pig usually?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You usually have to find a mom and pop style butcher shop, which every town has somewhere. Or go to your local farmer's market, and ask around. Someone will know someone who sells hogs. Or drive to a pig farm, and offer the farmer cash for a whole one, and butcher it yourself or some such shit.