The Food Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
My favorite homemade sandwich is ham, salami, prosciuttini, capicola, provolone, lettuce, tomato, cherry peppers with salt, pepper, oregano, oil, and vinegar.

Also, if you put oil on top of your mayo you are a fat fuck. PICK ONE.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Now that's a sandwich that makes my inner-WOP weep with joy.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
One of my favourite sandwiches is home made crusty bread with a little olive oil on it with goat cheese and tomatoes just picked. Plenty of salt and pepper.

Aaaand say hello to dinner tonight.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Italian beef, horseradish, giardiniera, mayo, smoked gouda, lettuce, tomato on french bread.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
This thread is now on a hunting derail. Several of us took our kids to deer camp for the first time last year. Mine was 10. By day three every last one of the little bastards had shot a decent (8+ points) buck. Mine shot one larger than anything I have gotten in over 15 years.

Reserve some steaks, grind and/or cube the rest and your freezer is happy and healthy. We actually paid the $150 to have it butchered and some of it made into brats and summer sausage but you can do it all yourself and basically be out the cost of the tag and the bullet. My kids gobble the stuff up.

But, yeah, high quality food is expensive. We live in a small little touristy lake community that has a grocery store that is smaller than some gas stations I have been in and it is stocked with high-end expensive stuff for the rich folk. The next closest place is another smallish local chain, which is also relatively expensive. I can't walk through either place "just to pick up a couple of things" without dropping $100. We easily burn through a couple of grand per month on food for a family of 4.

edit - Lucky for us a Meijer is being built about 10 minutes away from us at this moment.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
The number of points indicates the number of pointy parts on the antlers. The more points roughly scales with the age/health/size of the deer, although smaller deer can have larger antlers depending on nutrition and genetics.

In our area, we generally expect whitetail bucks to grow as follows:

Yearling - "Button Buck", meaning a fawn buck with only small bumps on his head, no visible antlers. Or, a "spike" which means two antlers with no branches.
Second year - "Fork", indicating a four point, or maybe a six point.
Third year - 8+. Coming into his prime.

This can vary by quite a bit geographically, primarily due to food sources and climate. Harsh winters can kill off a lot of deer.

Most deer taken are in the yearling - second year range, although it is considered bad form to shoot a yearling, especially a button buck. So, shooting an 8 point generally means more meat but also that you have taken a more wary, wily animal, who was probably having a weak moment while chasing a doe, but nevertheless indicates that you are a good hunter, or really lucky.

Aside from that there are also at least two scoring systems that will assign a number of points to antlers based upon length, girth and the number of points. Books are kept on that shit and I know vaguely how it works but I've never had much interest in it.

TLDR; Points = penis size of the hunter but does are tasty too.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Out west we only count one side. A four point buck would have 4 points on each side. If the two sides were different they would call it a 3x4 or a 5x6 or whatever.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Out west we only count one side. A four point buck would have 4 points on each side. If the two sides were different they would call it a 3x4 or a 5x6 or whatever.
I've never heard of this. Maybe because the bucks are larger out there?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm not sure. I just notice it because we get east coast people asking to hunt on our place fairly often and sometimes there is some confusion.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
dQMK9OY.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
What if he eats like 9 of them in one sitting?
Ahaha, funny you mention that. I went through a bunch of them just today. I bought a loaf of whole grain panini bread (9 slices in the pack) and a pack of Kraft singles and went through all of the bread and cheese. I had plenty of mayo in the fridge.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sometimes I love McCheese because he's a glutton who isn't a fat shit. But then he talks about some real low quality meals and it disheartens me.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Take a Kraft single and cut it into 4 pieces, and put them on a piece of parchment paper, spread apart pretty far from each other. Microwave for a minute, flip them and then microwave for another 15 seconds or so and take them out. Pure cheese crackers that taste a lot like Cheez-its

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Or grate real Parmesan into the bottom of muffin pan and bake until melted, let cool and you have crispy cheese cracker things.