The Food Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its one of the best beers that is available nationwide. Otherwise, your choices are Bud, Miller, and coors products. There's only a couple microbreweries that are in all 50 states, and Sam Adams is one of them, Sierra Nevada *might* be, but I'm not sure. Very few microbreweries distribute everywhere. There's nothing wrong with their Boston Lager, Winter Lager, or Octoberfest. I like all 3 of those quite a bit, sure there are better local beers out there, but those are all solid choices.

Also obligatoryThe Beer Threadbefore we derail too far
I'd rather not drink than drink any of those.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So speaking of Warthogs, I'm debating doing a whole pig for my upcoming housewarming. I've helped someone do it before so not concerned with the cooking, but where do you find a whole pig usually?
Best rerail of a derail ever.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So speaking of Warthogs, I'm debating doing a whole pig for my upcoming housewarming. I've helped someone do it before so not concerned with the cooking, but where do you find a whole pig usually?
My mom had a house warming last weekend for her new place. She was going to have a pig roast, but the people wanted $900ish for the pig. Fuck no. She ended up doing a BBQ instead.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It was sarcasm for "Nobody cares that you don't like what he likes."

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'd rather piss in my own mouth and take a picture of it that I post on twitter for the world to see, than eat these M&M's. They're too generic! I like my chocolates to be hand made by an old woman somewhere in europe. She makes it all by hand using the best cocoa for her craft. Fuck your peasant chocolates.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd rather piss in my own mouth and take a picture of it that I post on twitter for the world to see, than eat these M&M's. They're too generic! I like my chocolates to be hand made by an old woman somewhere in europe. She makes it all by hand using the best cocoa for her craft. Fuck your peasant chocolates.
you're eating the candy coating more than the chocolate for MM's, also there is no "best" cocoa just different cocoa and in general unlike coffee beans which are separated by region, cocoa will be "blended" from different regions to achieve the same uniform flavors from the nibs.

go grab dove chocolate, it's two tiers above bulk chocolates/bars and tabs.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
also there is no "best" cocoa just different cocoa and in general unlike coffee beans which are separated by region, cocoa will be "blended" from different regions to achieve the same uniform flavors from the nibs.
I learned this recently during the ride at Hershey's Chocolate World.

LostCoder_sl

shitlord
All I need is the Bread of Life.

John 6:35 :Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

John 6:35 :Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
First and last warning on this. Keep this stupidity in the Atheist thread or the Jeebus thread.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
you're eating the candy coating more than the chocolate for MM's, also there is no "best" cocoa just different cocoa and in general unlike coffee beans which are separated by region, cocoa will be "blended" from different regions to achieve the same uniform flavors from the nibs.

go grab dove chocolate, it's two tiers above bulk chocolates/bars and tabs.
I honestly have no idea. I was just thinking of something outlandish to say along the lines of Itlan. plz 2 b sry, k thx.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider

John 6:35 :Then Jesus declared, ?I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
Are you trying to say that Jesus doesn't approve of yore keto diets? Or did Jesus just believe in carboloading before a big workout?

Nissir

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have always bought mine from a local farmer, but if you don't live in a rural area ask your local butcher. If they have no idea, go to either and Asian or Mexican food market, they should be able to point you in the right direction. IMO unless you are planning on cooking for 75+ people it is a ton easier to just buy up a ton of ribs and cook those up. It is also a lot less off putting to your guests who might not be accustomed to having a whole hog dropped on a table in front of them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I made a chocolate trifle last night. It looked so fucking glorious then I read that I needed to chill it for 5 hours. Will report back today with my findings and recipe.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Six kinds of tomatoes coming out of our garden right now. It's remarkable how different they are than the store bought ones. Our local supermarkets do a pretty good job of getting seasonal and local produce, but the tomatoes are never great. The quality of home grown food is just outstanding. It does make winter harder, though...

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Grocery store tomatoes suck cause they always end up being exposed to cold. Most of them are quite good before they get to the store.