The Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Parmesan cheese is for people who like the taste of a bowl of shit that has been mixed to a paste with a cock.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
How many times do we have to reiterate thatyour opinion on food is meaninglessbecause of your super taster abnormality?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bros, my wife and I are both bad with money, and we're busy and such. So we eat out a lot lately and we never really take stock. Hey, the bills are paid and everything, right?

Well I have major major expenses coming up and I wanted to get our finances under control. And, you know, we're grown ups, we should do that anyway. So I looked into the past 90 days to see how much we have spent. So we can plan and see what we need to adjust. Exported that shit from the bank, put it in google docs, and began organizing.

Motherfucking 934 dollars in eating out in the month of June. That includes all fast food, restaurants, whatever. I almost shit, I had to check that a couple of times. This isliterallywhy we can't have nice things.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bros, my wife and I are both bad with money, and we're busy and such. So we eat out a lot lately and we never really take stock. Hey, the bills are paid and everything, right?

Well I have major major expenses coming up and I wanted to get our finances under control. And, you know, we're grown ups, we should do that anyway. So I looked into the past 90 days to see how much we have spent. So we can plan and see what we need to adjust. Exported that shit from the bank, put it in google docs, and began organizing.

Motherfucking 934 dollars in eating out in the month of June. That includes all fast food, restaurants, whatever. I almost shit, I had to check that a couple of times. This isliterallywhy we can't have nice things.
$696 for family of 2 with a 15 month old for June. Also $488 at the grocery store. Shit, no wonder I'm fat. Clearly just sit around and eat all the fucking time. Damn.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, I find it impossible to budget for food because we do things so strangely. Last month I took possession of a half cow, a pig, and a bunch of chickens, so budget blown like holy shit. But, now I don't have to buy meat for nearly a year, so the rest of the months that's less. This month, we were on vacation, so we ate out quite a bit. Take seven people out, and watch the bills get enormous. So, budget blown. However, my garden is producing so much, and we have so much stuff in the freezer, we're going to spend virtually nothing on food for the next couple of months. My family tends to not want to eat out for a while after we've done so a bunch on vacation.

But yeah, that's bananas for two people. Time to eat noodles and salt for a month, man.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Well that is for 5 people, two adults three kids. The kids don't eat much, sure, but enough that when we eat out they each get their own meal and can put it down.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like kids meals are a rip off.

About to have 2nd kid in September, and when they are both old enough I'll order them an adult meal for a couple bucks more and they can split it or something.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Between the wife and I we usually have around $700 a month in groceries (food and every thing). But we barely ever eat out or get delivery, it is pretty much 5-6 cooked meals a week and left overs. More interestingly I wanted to check my liquor spend for July and that was $200. Felt like it was more
frown.png

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I feel like kids meals are a rip off.

About to have 2nd kid in September, and when they are both old enough I'll order them an adult meal for a couple bucks more and they can split it or something.
they'll need it after you sit them down to farm you more goldz.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Between the wife and I we usually have around $700 a month in groceries (food and every thing). But we barely ever eat out or get delivery, it is pretty much 5-6 cooked meals a week and left overs. More interestingly I wanted to check my liquor spend for July and that was $200. Felt like it was more
frown.png
$200 on liquor for an entire month? That is closer to a weekend's worth than a month for me.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
$200 on liquor for an entire month? That is closer to a weekend's worth than a month for me.
July was way too busy for me, I actually had zero trips to my local bar which is usually just a Friday night thing. But all the comments got me wondering. June was $400 in bar visits $200 liquor store. Guess the moral of that story is I really do save more staying at home getting drunk! I need to start using Mint or whatever again and look at these trends, used to enjoy that.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I spend around $50 per week on groceries. I probably dine out 2-4 times per week. That probably adds another $45-$70 depending on the places. Y'all motherfuckers are crazy.

Trader Joe's is cheap.