The Gifted

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
If there's one thing I will give this show props for, because other things have already been covered, it is the triplets and how the writers and the actress handles them.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Season is starting to get pretty interesting imo. Wonder who that new mutant is.

Caliane

too busy with spooktober horror movies. ill catch up later and see if its someone I recognize.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
too busy with spooktober horror movies. ill catch up later and see if its someone I recognize.

They're off next week, so, no new episodes til October 30th. And this week was just episode 4. I assume it'll be another 13 episode season, you've got time before you need to watch, for sure. Nothing real exciting has happened yet, I just like the trajectory they are heading it.

Caliane

decided to give it a watch.

yeah, could be anyone. pretty sure its female. thats all I got.

checking again, yeah, the screaming girl is her. and ep5 trailers full on show her. seems original character, donut steel to me. creates boxes, that shift?

Caliane

They do a good job of keeping it from going full sjw, and strawman.

one mutant group Is actually terrorists. 100% in the wrong.
Present that some mutant "powers" are fucking awful.

Last episode kindof went back on that however, with whats her face being retarded. "omg a cure" "parents might give their kids a cure!" uh.. yeah, and? Parents have all sorts of powers and rights over their childrens bodies. from braces, to vaccines, circumcision.
Who the fuck would want to roll the dice on useful super powers, vs having a power the turns your skin inside out, and makes you bleed razers out of your anus?

but, honestly having the mutant collar control in a single location, is an obvious design flaw.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Decent finale. that gas tank explosion looked like it was ripped straight from aqua teen hunger force though.

I really wish they could present both sides of the conflict better. Fox is just way too scared of the words holocaust and genocide for primetime, even though they keep dancing around it.

Big IF it gets renewed, I'll be interested in seeing the strucker twins face off and Turner going full psychopath.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Oh, youre right. When i looked at the wiki episode list before the month long break, it didnt have those two, only one more.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Oh, youre right. When i looked at the wiki episode list before the month long break, it didnt have those two, only one more.

i did the same thing last year, thought the episode where the triplets jailbroke everyone from the prison transport train was the finale :) this show isn't that great at communicating stuff like that, so i get it

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Show's been cancelled, but the showrunner says he's hopeful that it will get picked back up by a streaming service for Season 3.

Pretty excited for the finale next week, tho. I've got a feeling Jace is going to die, either while doing something for the Purifiers after ignoring his inner voice telling him not to do it, or in a change of face, sacrificing himself to save a mutant somehow (probably a kid mutant).

• 1Like

Caliane

Show's been cancelled, but the showrunner says he's hopeful that it will get picked back up by a streaming service for Season 3.

Pretty excited for the finale next week, tho. I've got a feeling Jace is going to die, either while doing something for the Purifiers after ignoring his inner voice telling him not to do it, or in a change of face, sacrificing himself to save a mutant somehow (probably a kid mutant).
oh bummer. I watch this on the regular, def one of the few I enjoy consistantly.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Almost forgot to post about that season finale...

Episode felt REALLY rushed. To the point of being sloppy. It easily should have been a two-parter, and I almost wonder if it originally was but got edited down. Really disappointing end to the series if this truly is the end. They made sure to set the story of season 3 up if it does happen, tho, and it seems like it'd be at least decent. Disappointing end but I still hope we get more.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Almost forgot to post about that season finale...

Episode felt REALLY rushed. To the point of being sloppy. It easily should have been a two-parter, and I almost wonder if it originally was but got edited down. Really disappointing end to the series if this truly is the end. They made sure to set the story of season 3 up if it does happen, tho, and it seems like it'd be at least decent. Disappointing end but I still hope we get more.

Be surprised if this comes back. Marvel would cancel it anyway as soon as they get control. They need to clean up and set up MCU X-Men.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Be surprised if this comes back. Marvel would cancel it anyway as soon as they get control. They need to clean up and set up MCU X-Men.

yeah i really hope it comes back but i see your point, it's pretty doubtful. too bad. the show wasn't perfect by any means, but it was one of the better "super hero" shows on TV.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users