The Gifted

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Started watching this finally (too damn much genre television these days...) and found it to be better than I expected. They acknowledge the Brotherhood and the Xmen as being out there and the implication being that the public does think of the Xmen as good mutants, but the Xmen are currently in another dimension or off planet or something.

It really does expose a lot of Xavier's hypocrisy -- the notion that there are hundred of mutants in the U.S. that aren't blessed enough to be brought to his precious school.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Started watching this finally (too damn much genre television these days...) and found it to be better than I expected. They acknowledge the Brotherhood and the Xmen as being out there and the implication being that the public does think of the Xmen as good mutants, but the Xmen are currently in another dimension or off planet or something.

It really does expose a lot of Xavier's hypocrisy -- the notion that there are hundred of mutants in the U.S. that aren't blessed enough to be brought to his precious school.

Pretty sure they mention the MLF in there too, good show hope it can deliver on what it's trying to set up.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
After this week's episode, particularly the beginning with the siblings, anyone else get a Hellfire Club feeling?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Holy shit, a co-worker pointed out that this is that little girl from season of 2 Gotham - "Silver St. Cloud". What a difference a couple years make...

maxresdefault2-600x338.jpg

Go back a little further, she was Adam's first girlfriend on the Goldbergs.

And apparently "The Gifted" is referring to the rack she she has sprouted since then....

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
ok, so this show had been on a downward trend, but if anyone is still having mixed feelings, WATCH TONIGHT'S EPISODE.

The finale was fucking amazing and catapulted this show into "must watch" territory if they can keep up this kind of pace.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

I dont even think it was on a downward trend. this show is solid.

fucking Cuckoos.. I feel retarded for forgetting their names, and not recognizing Esme immediately. I figured she was hellfire club, in the first place, and third party. At the start of this episode I was thinking she was actually Emma.
But yeah, Celeste, Esme, Irma(mindee), Phoebe and Sophie Cuckoo. In comics Esme, and Spohie die pretty early.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just got around to watching this. Was really fucking good, did lose steam a bit around episode 7 but picked back up. The cliffhanger has me really upset which I suppose is a sign of a show tho haha. Esme's abilities that got revealed at the end are ridiculously overpowered tho, it's going to be hard to write around. (Avoid comics spoilers btw, probably does get explained away)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
As long as twincest sister continues to wear tight tops I don't care if the plot goes to shit (but hopefully it stays strong).

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
man, i thought episode 10 was the end of the season (and apparently i'm not the only one on the internet that did), but now i see they're going to episode 13? stoked.

Caliane

I cant remember, was her patronage never mentioned prior? Seems weird to treat it as a bit of a secret. I guess shes a fairly obscure enough character, that some people might not know.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Can we get rid of the fucking mom already? She and shiny lights boy have just been a complete drag on the show from the very beginning. Their whole "hopeful optimism and pacifism" and "violence makes us no better than them!" shtick is really getting old.

Hey dipfucks, do you think sit-ins and peaceful protests wouldve worked against the nazis? Somebody needs to grow some balls and actually argue with them about it. Maybe then we'd have more meaningful dialogue than just soap opera "i'm going off on my own!" Walking dead-esque garbage.

There's so many real conflicts they could address, it feels like they are already scraping the barrel of their writing talent.

Show isnt terrible, it just needs to grow up.

Caliane

you do realize Communists and Fascists fighting each other in the streets is a major cause for Fascists gaining control of the Axis powers?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yes, I do. The point is that hashtags/thoughts and prayers/changing my profile pic in solidarity doesn't do a goddamn thing. It's a joke, and they are fucking retarded to think that in the face of literal genocide, their best plan is to bonk the cops on the head to knock them out while they run away so nobody gets hurt. I'm sure that will work out reeeeeeeal well longterm.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
This started up again last night. Not a huge amount of plot development as far as S2 goes, but totally called what was happening to Reed.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I enjoyed this show last season, even if it was a bit repetitive at times. But this first episode that mostly focused on Polaris giving birth doesn't give me much confidence in this season. Not to mention the stupidity of her being pregnant in the first place. "Yeah, we're two of the leaders of a group of underground mutants who are constantly hunted by government agents with guns, pet mutants and sentinel bots. Why the hell would we use condoms?"

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty

Caliane

I enjoyed this show last season, even if it was a bit repetitive at times. But this first episode that mostly focused on Polaris giving birth doesn't give me much confidence in this season. Not to mention the stupidity of her being pregnant in the first place. "Yeah, we're two of the leaders of a group of underground mutants who are constantly hunted by government agents with guns, pet mutants and sentinel bots. Why the hell would we use condoms?"
they are mutant supremacists. spreading their homo superior genes is key to their future.

I do like this show, as it does keep with some of the silliness of xmen as allegory for race relations.
1 Mutant gives birth to kid. doctors can do nothing. Knocks power out for 4million homes. at least 100 people die from complications of power loss, falling debris, car accidents.
Father has a panic attack from hearing wife is shot. almost loses control of latent powers. probably would also kill dozens.

Like, the show does nothing to really dissuade that mutants ARE insanely dangerous, and every outcome of mutants, results in the end of mankind and mutantkind.
There is no scenario with mutants, that does not end with 1 or 2 insanely powerful mutants accidentally or intentionally killing everything on Earth, and being the sole survivor. the ever increasing power levels of mutants mandates it.

they also juxtaposed the giving birth to a kid triumph... with the image of a Mutant first dictatorship taking over the White house.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Shouldn't they have just knocked her out and given her a C-section?

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The daughter's massively gifted bosom will make up for a lot of pointless drama and plot holes.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users