The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On a related note, did Keg actually get put in RRRehab, or did he just edit his title?

Malkav

French Madman
Why does your best friend have another best friend? Are you unfamiliar with the concept of best or is your friendship unrequited. How old are you that your best friend's best friend is 21?
I've always made a difference between male best friend and female best friend. Not the same concept at all.

I'm 28, he's 24. We met a few years back during our studies (I started them back after a few years dicking around), we were in the came class. He tends to hang out with the young ones though, we tend to tease him how he hangs out/try to date girls who could just be out of high school (and he often ends up in the "gay best friend" category even though he is not even gay, the guy is just too nice).

You got a good shot at fucking up you friendship if you play this like an asshole. Are you tight enough with this friend to discuss the situation or did you mean girlfriend and not friend?
Oh god, I don't intend to do anything about it, just finding that it sucks. The last few years I've been almost incapable of finding interest in a girl, so getting a crush on this one is just stupid as fuck. I'll get over it and all will be well. And no, it's not his girlfriend, hopefuly, that would suck even more. Funny thing, his girlfriend is a good friend of hers.

Worst thing, last weekend we were all talking about our Valentine's day plans. My best friend has to spend it with his girlfriend obviously, and I'm planning to spend it drinking with another good friend, and she was all like "oooh ooh, can I come drink with you?". Screw that.

Hell, like I said, I'm not even sure I have a crush on her, just like her, that's all. :/

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sounds like your friend and his gf might be setting you up? Whats your reason for not pursuing this girl, concern about friendships or does she have some major flaws?

Malkav

French Madman
Sounds like your friend and his gf might be setting you up? Whats your reason for not pursuing this girl, concern about friendships or does she have some major flaws?
First thing, she got a boyfriend last week. Well, the dude left like 3 days later for 6 months in England for his studies, but she's totally obnoxious about it as 21 year olds can be. I'll attribute that to lack of experience in the field though. On other point, she is pretty mature though. From what I gather (didn't really talk with her about her life, but some things come up in conversations sometime), she lost her parents early on, she lives alone and she does her best to get by alone (which in these days is pretty rare for 21 year olds around here).

Second thing, yup, a bit concerned about friendship. My best friend had girl best friend a few years back who just abandoned him after some shit happens, and now he can be a bit too worried and possessive about it. He kinda freaked out a bit about us going drinking without him.

Third thing, well, kinda zero self confidence on my part with girl after being alone for a loooong ass time. Have been putting my job before everything else, took up more than a few pound, and became like totally oblivious about the dating scene, so kinda hard to get back in the game.

Malkav

French Madman
So your male best friend has a female best friend and a girlfriend? That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
Aaaand, they're both very good friend. In fact, it's her who introduced his girlfriend to him. Yeah, I know, weird shit, but I've seen weirder. As far as I can see, it works out, and I know him well enough to know he won't fuck this up. He's like the archetypal nice guy. TOO nice if you know what I mean.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Aaaand, they're both very good friend. In fact, it's her who introduced his girlfriend to him. Yeah, I know, weird shit, but I've seen weirder. As far as I can see, it works out, and I know him well enough to know he won't fuck this up. He's like the archetypal nice guy. TOO nice if you know what I mean.
I don't know what you mean. Are you saying he will blow you if you ask him to? Or maybe he already has...?

DOT DOT DOT

Malkav

French Madman
I don't know what you mean. Are you saying he will blow you if you ask him to? Or maybe he already has...?

DOT DOT DOT
Nah, just that he has a tendancy of being used by girl, or just of not having any luck with them because he is so nice he's far from being seen as an alpha male or whatever.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well on the one hand, you could fuck up a lot of friendships by making a play. On the other hand, if she is independant and low maintenance, this might be an ideal person to get back in the game with. If it were me, I would go drinking and see how much interest she has in you as opposed to just hanging out and go from there. Worst case scenario, you have a new drinking buddy and your other friend gets over his big brother complex.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Nerd Reich gets their jimmies rustled way too easily.
Well, Keg does tend to go over the top sometimes and his judgement is occasionally questionable (see his white knighting of the swampdonkey), but the vagoos are a bit tender around here, for sure.

Well, Keg does tend to go over the top sometimes and his judgement is occasionally questionable (see his white knighting of the swampdonkey), but the vagoos are a bit tender around here, for sure.
was a case of a faggot dropping flame bait than crying about getting flamed, it's a little game certain people play because they think some sections of the forum should protect them from being called out as douchebags.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
With the pounding I give them day in and day out it's no surprise.

They're all my bitch.