The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

iannis

Musty Nester
I never read her novels, but I used to have a book of her Poetry.

It was god-awful. All I remember is that she wrote something about an electric potato and I NEWP'd.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Antarius, are there chicks on your dating profile who like great gatsby? That's the only way your reaction makes sense. If there are girls you're seeing who said that and mist stalks you enough to know it.
Yes, I messaged one girl not too long ago to ask specifically why she would list that book on her profile.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean, it would be kinda creepy if someone from the board posted "Hey, Hoss, "random advice", you should try putting fresh strawberries in with the granola you buy from trader joes". When you've never talked about shopping there ever on the board. And you maybe only go there once a year, but you just happened to buy some a few days ago.

Just kinda completely out of the blue, with "just"enough detail to make you turn your head and think... Wtf?

I know most of us on this board can remember the days when Internet life and real life didn't co-exist. So when someone not so subtly hints that your two worlds collided, it can be a little jarring. And "it's a small world" starts playing in your head.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes, I messaged one girl not too long ago to ask specifically why she would list that book on her profile.
Spoiler alert: she had to read it in school and she kind of liked it. And she wanted to sound smart. She really likes Eat Pray Love and a bunch of other tripe.

Is there any other parts of your life I can clarify with blindingly obvious explanations?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm with you then. Mist is stalking you. How could she know about that? Does that dating site show visitors who you're talking to or something? Maybe the chick was Mist. Post her pic here just in case.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Not my fault you're fucking amatuers and tipped your hand. Next time L2Subtle.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah the underlying theme here, Antman, is that these women (much like you) are social fuckups who put up false fronts to get what they want. In your case, that's a (preferably) female hole to bury your wiener in. In there case, its someone who will pretend to like them in exchange for taking said wiener. The question you should ask yourself (but its depressing so I don't fault you for not doing so) is this: "Is there any reason for a female to spend time with me beyond trading my money and attention for nookie?" and then ask yourself why you would be willing to settle for such a women in the first place.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Oh gawd. Did you even get a reply? I mean, isn't it just dating cv-padding? People list all sorts of shit on their profiles.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
rrr_img_103597.jpg

Xevy

Log Wizard
Decadence, yes, but it wasn't about fake appearances. Gatsby HAD massive amounts of money coming in from illegal activities, but he was spending it as fast as he was making it. The book was about showing how it's useless trying to spend money to attract women. You'll just go broke and then they will leave you, they don't care about how much effort you have put in, only what you are able to provide for them next. There is no appreciation for sacrifice. There is no loyalty. They are attracted to power, and if you give your power to a woman, you will lose her attraction.

Sure, you could say it's a Fahrenheit 451 type situation... where the author claims it's about 1 thing, but other people claim it's really about something else. But yes, the primary purpose of the book, according to the author, was intended to show how society has become. How they will cheat on their husbands to advance themselves socially. How broken the women of the era were from the drunkenness to the casual sex and how it ruined them. How criminals are held in high esteem as long as they are also rich and powerful.
Reading this made me sad and worried for you.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah the underlying theme here, Antman, is that these women (much like you) are social fuckups who put up false fronts to get what they want. In your case, that's a (preferably) female hole to bury your wiener in. In there case, its someone who will pretend to like them in exchange for taking said wiener. The question you should ask yourself (but its depressing so I don't fault you for not doing so) is this: "Is there any reason for a female to spend time with me beyond trading my money and attention for nookie?" and then ask yourself why you would be willing to settle for such a women in the first place.
I don't put up a false front at all, I'm pretty straight forward and upfront about what I want. The weird thing is, it works.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Great Gatsby was a pretty good read. So was Fahrenheit 451.
Right, but Bradbury said that it was about the danger of television... And Fitzgerald said it was about a social commentary about the behavior of women.

But now everyone says it's about censorship and "the decadent 20s". Because we have our own modern spin on it. Television is ubiquitous to us, we don't see his original intention in 451 we only see the censorship. The 20s are foreign to us with the gangsters and the prohibition and the privileged life of the elite in Gatsby. That stuff wasn't noteworthy to those people, it was just background. What was noteworthy and NEW in Gatsby was just how poorly behaved the women were.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
More like The Bell Curve. Sylvia Plath was kind of a cunt. I mean, it's certainly a somewhat admirable cuntiness, and she, like myself, was able to cultivate that cuntiness it over such ashort lifetime. So I can see where you might think that.
How old are you? I'd like a countdown until when this thread will be bearable again.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I don't put up a false front at all, I'm pretty straight forward and upfront about what I want. The weird thing is, it works.
How do you know that girls aren't simply going along with it - for the lolz, the penis, the money, the ride, the hopes and dreams of having Antarius Jr's sprout from their flower - now you 'give them what they want'?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Yeah, my bro used to have the pickup line "want to go in the bathroom and fuck?" and it's not really weird that it worked... for fucking disgusting whores in club bathrooms.

I agree, though, you don't put up a false front. If you did, surely you'd have constructed something better? I guess there's something respectable about such disappointing honesty.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Not bothering to read through everything, but has anyone actually had a relationship survive a wife cheating? Been with her for 14 years, married for 6, just found out yesterday that she's been cheating for a month and a half. Thought something weird was going on when she added a code to her phone and I found out via the text chats. No clue what to do from here other than I already moved half the money into a separate bank account as a CYA move.

I need to figure out if this is worth trying to salvage basically.

We also have a 2 1/2 year old beautiful amazing child, so that's amazing.