The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I hadn't heard that chicks consider it creepy. Where'd you get that? Sitting next to her doesn't preclude eye contact, it just makes it so eye contact isn't accidental. Maybe sitting across is best for a first date.

Oh and I'm not talking about sitting next to her at a booth, I was imagining a regular square table or a bar table where sitting next to her puts you at 90 degrees. At a booth, sit across for sure. If for no other reason than you don't wanna be elbowing while you eat.
90 degrees, sure. I think we were all imagining sitting right next to her like some of those couples we all know do, bumping elbows as you mentioned. At least that's what I was picturing. Nothing wrong with 90 degrees though, nothing at all.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Rather than ask normal questions, I ask 'Would you rather...' questions. Being English, the opener is always 'Rather go without cheese or without tea', but it's easy to think of a few more. Basically everyone starts playing back, which means you're not doing the pointless 'What do you do...blah blah...' crap. The best part is you can steal the good questions that one girl asks you and use them on the other girls.
One girl asked me would I rather every song I heard was performed by Nickleback, or the lead actor in every film I watched played by Nicholas Cage, which I thought was brilliant.

I like doing it because it encourages a bit of exposition and generally the fun/interesting girls will have fun/interesting answers and questions and the boring girls will have nothing to say. Doesn't always work obviously, but it's still better than asking where she went to school.

But yeah, you should be going out more. What are you saying when you're asking them out that it isn't leading to a solid time/place? Because if you're just saying 'We should meet up sometime' then that's part of the problem.
I don't bother with much texting (I hate texting) before meeting up. 4-5 messages back and forth, then send a messaging asking to meet up and add my number in somewhere. I usually ask with a line along the lines of 'It's great talking to you, but I'm acutely aware that we might actually hate each other in person...' which works on the type of girls I tend to go for.
Nah, I'm not that bad. I tend to be more like 'hey let's do XYZ Friday night'. But I've had a lot of the serial texters/messagers and the ones who are like 'oh I don't feel comfortable meeting in person yet' after a week of texting. Holy shit, I didn't say the god damn wharf with the abandoned warehouse, I said we should go to a bar. You know, to meet. Like fucking real people would.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Rather than ask normal questions, I ask 'Would you rather...' questions. Being English, the opener is always 'Rather go without cheese or without tea', but it's easy to think of a few more. Basically everyone starts playing back, which means you're not doing the pointless 'What do you do...blah blah...' crap. The best part is you can steal the good questions that one girl asks you and use them on the other girls.
One girl asked me would I rather every song I heard was performed by Nickleback, or the lead actor in every film I watched played by Nicholas Cage, which I thought was brilliant.

I like doing it because it encourages a bit of exposition and generally the fun/interesting girls will have fun/interesting answers and questions and the boring girls will have nothing to say. Doesn't always work obviously, but it's still better than asking where she went to school.

But yeah, you should be going out more. What are you saying when you're asking them out that it isn't leading to a solid time/place? Because if you're just saying 'We should meet up sometime' then that's part of the problem.
I don't bother with much texting (I hate texting) before meeting up. 4-5 messages back and forth, then send a messaging asking to meet up and add my number in somewhere. I usually ask with a line along the lines of 'It's great talking to you, but I'm acutely aware that we might actually hate each other in person...' which works on the type of girls I tend to go for.
You fucking brits love your "would you rather" questions. When I was traveling I swear every god damn one of you played that game, and it was always something sick like "would you rather your mom shat on your face or blow your dad?"

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
That's pretty good, im gonna use that next time I get a chance.

Shabado_sl

shitlord
I think you get a bit of that on free sites, people who just want to chat and probably have no intention of meeting up. It's part of the reason I don't give out my number until I'm asking them out. Occasionally they'll just not reply, but better that than have to keep it up in texts for a week or two and then them say no.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm with Dabamf on that one. More so because Nickelback is one of the worst things to happen to music ever. It is a good question though. Any lady that would say Nickelback would be a no-go. Hotness-pending.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Rather than ask normal questions, I ask 'Would you rather...' questions.
Those questions reminded me of some shit I had that I used over and over again when I was doing the dating sites. There were only a few i actually cared about (like piercings and arrests) The last ones were pretty much because I was tired of so many girls sending the same list of 100 fucking questions all the time. Fortunately, I had them all answered and saved in a text file. Oh and if she noticed the missing number in the list of questions I would say something about how smart she was and how no one ever noticed that.

1. Can you cook?
2. What was your dream growing up?
3. What talent do you wish you had?
4. Favorite vegetable?
5. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings?
6. Worst Habit?
7. Worst thing to ever happen to you?
8. Tell me one weird fact about you:
9. Do you have any pets?
10. Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
11. Ever been arrested?
12. Do you believe in ghosts?
13. Biggest pet peeve?
14. In one word, how would you describe yourself?
15. Good advice if you ever go camping?
16. Are you a bad influence?
17. Do you have a song by Ozzy Osbourne in your library?
18. Physics or chemistry?
19. Ever punch someone in the face?
21. Whats your philosophy on life and death?
22. Do you trust the police?
23. What's your favorite kind of music?
24. Have you ever peed in a pool?
25. If you could bring back anyone that has passed, who would it be?

1) Why do birds suddenly appear whenever you are near?
2) Black, green, or foil?
x) How does a microwave work?
Free Pizza) 42?
3!) If a rooster lays an egg on a flat roof, which way will it roll?
~+) Would you?
ff...) Create an inkblot and look at it. What do you see?
$5) Jump up as high as you can 5 times?
&-) Describe yourself in a haiku. Remember, proper haikus must be written in japanese.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
So I woke up this morning with a massive hangover and decided to carpet bomb the Nic Cage/Nickleback question. It's really worked well, got two solid leads with a couple of fairly cute milfs with very large titties. Already got both of their numbers and am trying to line something up for tonight if I can shake off this fucking hangover.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Bros she got back to me.

Said she got overwhelmed, no obvious legit reason...gave me the I am Bi Polar bit.

By now I shouldn't be surprised about that because every woman I've ever dated has been...

I thought on it decided to give it another go, I didn't know her well enough anyway and I told her she'd have to make it up to me. I figured if nothing else I'd pull some tail.

We went out did a lot of dancing at a bar, again back to her place heavy making out and stuff.

I throw her on the bed, and am all over her...and she doesn't go so far as to completely stop me this time, but she tells me "I really want you to wait just a while longer if you could"

Like she really wants to take it slowish...and I dunno bros I kinda respect that. Like I said I'd told her she'd have to make it up to me...but I dunno I kinda respect her desire to hold off on the act you know?

She's as smart as I am--not smarter but about as smart, she's about at my level of attractiveness...I know Bi Polar chicks as well, and it's funny because she kinda acts like a slut around me..but like almost like she's pretending...At the bars and shit..she absolutely stayed next to me.

Like she wasn't playing those stupid games to try and get me to be jealous or anything...she doesn't give me the vibe I'd expect most bi polar chicks I've been unfortunate enough to date in the past..plus she does take her meds.

Like if I'd really wanted her I could have had her I guess, but she didn't wanna do it yet...I dunno bros maybe I'm just fooling myself right? Probably.

Fell asleep together in her bed, watching the Prestige then some Chick Movie kinda blue balled me...but I dunno bros.

I guess if it's just another mistake, I'll have to learn it on my own bros.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So kids of both genders get fake diagnosed with ADD, then they graduate to fake asperger's syndrome if they're a guy who is socially awkward or fake bipolar disorder if they're a chick who can't control their mood swings. Got it.

Brad2770

You fucking brits love your "would you rather" questions. When I was traveling I swear every god damn one of you played that game, and it was always something sick like "would you rather your mom shat on your face or blow your dad?"
Well? Which one did you choose?

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
As a mental health professional, people who claim they are bipolar and then deny all symptoms of a manic or hypomanic episode in the past rustle the fuck out of my jimmies.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Bros she got back to me.

Said she got overwhelmed, no obvious legit reason...gave me the I am Bi Polar bit.

By now I shouldn't be surprised about that because every woman I've ever dated has been...

I thought on it decided to give it another go, I didn't know her well enough anyway and I told her she'd have to make it up to me. I figured if nothing else I'd pull some tail.

We went out did a lot of dancing at a bar, again back to her place heavy making out and stuff.

I throw her on the bed, and am all over her...and she doesn't go so far as to completely stop me this time, but she tells me "I really want you to wait just a while longer if you could"

Like she really wants to take it slowish...and I dunno bros I kinda respect that. Like I said I'd told her she'd have to make it up to me...but I dunno I kinda respect her desire to hold off on the act you know?

She's as smart as I am--not smarter but about as smart, she's about at my level of attractiveness...I know Bi Polar chicks as well, and it's funny because she kinda acts like a slut around me..but like almost like she's pretending...At the bars and shit..she absolutely stayed next to me.

Like she wasn't playing those stupid games to try and get me to be jealous or anything...she doesn't give me the vibe I'd expect most bi polar chicks I've been unfortunate enough to date in the past..plus she does take her meds.

Like if I'd really wanted her I could have had her I guess, but she didn't wanna do it yet...I dunno bros maybe I'm just fooling myself right? Probably.

Fell asleep together in her bed, watching the Prestige then some Chick Movie kinda blue balled me...but I dunno bros.

I guess if it's just another mistake, I'll have to learn it on my own bros.
Needs more bro's. Fix and resubmit. C-

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
As a mental health professional, people who claim they are bipolar and then deny all symptoms of a manic or hypomanic episode in the past rustle the fuck out of my jimmies.
Pretty sure chicks calling themselves bi-polar is the new calling themselves bi-sexual.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
To be fair bros I think that by definition of the disorder, most women in the world might qualify as Bi Polar, at least she tries to take care of it I guess.

I've met a lot of woman that act manic and depressive at the turn of a key, who deny all their problems and don't even try to control it...I figure at least if she admits it upfront, she's being honest about it. That and getting diagnosed and taking her meds.

Brad2770

Or she admits it up front so she has permission to jerk you around in the future and you don't get mad at her. Or if you do, she plays the "But I told you what was wrong with me" card.

My sister has a friend that does this shit. She's perfectly capable of making regular, educated decisions, but chooses to act fucking nuts and then blames her 'condition'.