The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, what is up with chicks. Ask them out, have a date, things go great, talk to them for a few days after with plans to go out again and then they just stop responding. 3 days go by, ask how things are going and silence.

Could they just fucking say 'not interested' or 'I found a redneck at a bar and were having triplets' or something? Fuck.
For me, it's more like that bash quote. Every single time.

http://bash.org/?414593

And it's not even friendzone, everybody around can see w're "a great couple". Only that we're not. And then she goes and gets together with a guy she's known for like, 3 days.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I'm almost 30 now and I've reached the age where I'm really willing to get into anything unless I'm sure there's at least a decent chance of it going somewhere. Wouldn't say I'm in a rush, just that I'm aware that I can't fuck around being with completely unsuitable women for more than a few months like I happily did for the past 10 years. Knowing you're with someone who you're not going to marry is a different prospect at 22.

Generally I don't date anyone under 25 because I don't feel like dealing with someone while they're still getting their shit together. And I was pretty sure 25 was a hard limit.
Met a girl who is only 21, so initially ruled her out entirely and wouldn't normally have given it a second thought... but (on the surface, bitches be sneaky) she seems to have it together better than most women I meet closer to my age. She's a medical student, has her own house, own car, is completely independent. She's smart, attractive, the rest of it. She isn't a crazy party girl and has had to deal with some things that have kinda forced her to be more mature (not 'Daddy raped me' kinds of things, just sickness in the family). She's definitely far more grown up than I was at 21.

If she was even a couple of years older I wouldn't have any second thoughts at all but I'm pretty sure that it ends in one of two ways:
1) She's 21 so she's crazy. She's hidden it so far, but they always do that, and being 21 she's not had the time to realise that perhaps sometimes she is an unreasonable crazy bitch, so it ends up with me losing patience and giving up in a year or 2.
2) In about 4 years she realises that she still has so much growing up to do or some bollocks and moves to Somalia to care for kids.

So, Rerolled, is too young always too young and is this destined to end up with me back her complaining that people barely out of their teens are fucking mental?
Ultimately it's a rhetorical question. Even if everyone on the planet said "no, don't do it" you would pursue it if you felt compelled to. That's surely the case here. At 21, the chances of it lasting a long time are extremely low, and if you see some warning signs you should definitely have the brains to bail before you're too invested, but ultimately you seem to like the girl and want to give it a shot, so there's no other choice but to try. You seem to have perspective on it, so just maintain that and don't let your emotions/hope ruin you if warning signs come up, and you're good.

Unless of course her parents are loaded in which case you need to introduce her to me. I'm in serious need of a sugar momma

ThinkCentre_sl

shitlord
I'm almost 30 now and I've reached the age where I'm really willing to get into anything unless I'm sure there's at least a decent chance of it going somewhere. Wouldn't say I'm in a rush, just that I'm aware that I can't fuck around being with completely unsuitable women for more than a few months like I happily did for the past 10 years. Knowing you're with someone who you're not going to marry is a different prospect at 22.

Generally I don't date anyone under 25 because I don't feel like dealing with someone while they're still getting their shit together. And I was pretty sure 25 was a hard limit.
Met a girl who is only 21, so initially ruled her out entirely and wouldn't normally have given it a second thought... but (on the surface, bitches be sneaky) she seems to have it together better than most women I meet closer to my age. She's a medical student, has her own house, own car, is completely independent. She's smart, attractive, the rest of it. She isn't a crazy party girl and has had to deal with some things that have kinda forced her to be more mature (not 'Daddy raped me' kinds of things, just sickness in the family). She's definitely far more grown up than I was at 21.

If she was even a couple of years older I wouldn't have any second thoughts at all but I'm pretty sure that it ends in one of two ways:
1) She's 21 so she's crazy. She's hidden it so far, but they always do that, and being 21 she's not had the time to realise that perhaps sometimes she is an unreasonable crazy bitch, so it ends up with me losing patience and giving up in a year or 2.
2) In about 4 years she realises that she still has so much growing up to do or some bollocks and moves to Somalia to care for kids.

So, Rerolled, is too young always too young and is this destined to end up with me back her complaining that people barely out of their teens are fucking mental?
Watch out for her wanting to get those younger party years back at some point. Had an ex that got married and divorced when she was younger and that bit me in the ass. Yours may be a different scenario though since marriage wasn't the cause of her "growing up".

Definitely still go for it.

Shabado_sl

shitlord
So the consensus seems to be go for it but be careful about getting overly invested, keep an eye out for any kinds of crazy and be prepared to bail.
The most likely outcome is that it all goes wrong, but then dating girl my own age the most likely outcome is it all goes wrong anyway (or she is already panicking about all her friends being married with kids and is looking for anyone who looks a stable bet, so I have to deal with that instead).
Genuinely good advice I think. Hopefully I'll be back here in 6 months with the story about how I lost my genitalia. Thanks guys!

I feel like I shouldn't but I agree with HogTurd too. Being a reasonably successful, okay to good looking man in decent shape in his late 20's/early 30's my stock relative to women my age is through the roof. When I'm looking at women around 30 there's a pretty loud part of my brain saying 'In 10 years you're still going to be able to bang women this age who look this good, but she's going to be 40'. The only perk they have is that I find women who hit 30 in good shape tend to stay in good shape, but women in great shape at 25 can have it all go wrong by 30.

The flip side is being a male in your early 20's is pretty shit, since most of the decent girls a similar age are looking at the guys a few years older who are more established/successful. Fuck those girls now though, because they're the ones who are looking at me now like I'm catch of the day.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Neither of those are good first dates, I didn't suggest they were or that I ask women to go have a candlelight fucking dinner for a first date. Even then I rarely plan movie dates at all, sometimes the chick will want to see a movie that I do as well though, so fuck it. But it's also summer, going to the beach on a third date isn't exactly crazy when you live an hour or so from a huge lake or the Atlantic ocean. What I was specifically talking about was chicks who can't let go of previous relationships (even after significant time) so everything is a huge fucking chore to convince them hanging out, socializing or having sex isn't serious or going to put them back to where they were 6 months ago or a year ago. Whatever, if I'm crazy for not wanting to fucking go to a bar or have coffee three dates in a row with a chick, then I guess I'm just fucked and things will just never work out for me.
Ummm, 3rd date should be sex at your place.

The girls are not responding to your messages, because you are taking them to the beach for the 3rd date. They aren't looking for a friend, they are looking to get plowed.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hasn't come up. From other conversations it's at least 3, the first being when she was 16.
So at least six or so. That's not bad. If you are looking for a real deal you could do worse. Does she have a good relationship with her parents and were/are they in a stable marriage? Broken home is huge red flag for commitment and so is high or very low/virginal lay count. She could be a winner, the age isn't a total deal breaker but it depends on who she is.

You sound like you have the right mindset about it all so stick to your guns and make your life about what's best for you. If you do that then everything else will fall into place with this girl or someone else.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Ummm, 3rd date should be sex at your place.

The girls are not responding to your messages, because you are taking them to the beach for the 3rd date. They aren't looking for a friend, they are looking to get plowed.
This. If you're dating, she wants to get laid.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
One of my best friends is female, and rocks the dating websites. She met a guy on there, wants him to come over, but wants me there in case he's a nut job (why I don't know, I'm 150lbs soaking wet). All she does it talk about her dating profile progress, the guys she's talking to, then after I leave let's him fuck her.

Now I'm getting nothing but "Why won't he call?!" texts. Seriously, I'm at a loss, the fuck?

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
One of my best friends is female, and rocks the dating websites. She met a guy on there, wants him to come over, but wants me there in case he's a nut job (why I don't know, I'm 150lbs soaking wet). All she does it talk about her dating profile progress, the guys she's talking to, then after I leave let's him fuck her.

Now I'm getting nothing but "Why won't he call?!" texts. Seriously, I'm at a loss, the fuck?
Why are you friends with such an ignorant person?

iannis

Musty Nester

If she's really a friend then you can say, "Because you're a slut" and not have it come off mean.

Tough love man.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Do you beat off in her closet while theyre going at it? Also how is that a "date"? Thats a fucking fwb/hookup situation going on there.