The Good Place

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Good Place

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Comedy

First aired: 2016-09-19

Creator: Michael Schur

Cast: Jameela Jamil, Ted Danson, William Jackson Harper, Kristen Bell, D'Arcy Carden, Manny Jacinto

Overview: Eleanor Shellstrop, an ordinary woman who, through an extraordinary string of events, enters the afterlife where she comes to realize that she hasn't been a very good person. With the help of her wise afterlife mentor, she's determined to shed her old way of living and discover the awesome (or at least the pretty good) person within.

spronk

FPS noob
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 65151[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Good Place[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-09-19[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Eleanor Shellstrop, an ordinary woman who, through an extraordinary string of events, enters the afterlife where she comes to realize that she hasn't been a very good person. With the help of her wise afterlife mentor, she's determined to shed her old way of living and discover the awesome (or at least the pretty good) person within.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

That looks hilarious and a great idea for a TV show, sort of like Dead Like Me but not really. Sadly its on NBC which isn't the greatest at keeping shows on air but I guess we shall see, I can't imagine its that expensive to make this show.

K Bell is cute as fuck

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did Ted Danson trade in his Cheers' royalties for a guarantee that he's never not on television? Not that I'm complaining. Good to see him back doing a comedy again.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
He was also good on um... Bored to Death. I had to IMDB the name. God damn, that show was 6 years ago.

Malkav

French Madman
So, first double episode is out.

It was definitely funny. Will continue to watch.

Plus, I have never enough of Kristen Bell.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I still like her on House of Lies, even if the show got completely fucked up compared to the first season.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
NBC gave us Parks & Rec and 30 Rock. This could be worth a shot.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Watched last night. Pretty funny. The bit with the point system was hilarious. If there's a screen grab it's worth a look. And I will echo the sentiment... Kristen Bell is so cute.

Cybsled

Wasn't there a movie from the 80s that was like the plot of this? Trial of your Life or something like that. Guy dies and he is basically in an afterlife "limbo"...basically is like normal life, but can eat/drink whatever and not get full/drunk. But he has to go on trial and if he loses, his soul is reincarnated and he forgets his past life, but if he wins, he keeps who he is and moves onto the next plane of existence.

Malkav

French Madman
Second episode aired.

Still funny.

I was pretty sure she couldn't be the only one here by mistake, but the asian dude? lol

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'll watch pretty much anything with Kristen Bell in it, but even still I'm enjoying it, and am happily surprised that it actually has a fairly interesting season arc going. That neighbor chick, Tehani or something like that, is perfectly cast. She's so perfect and mannered that I fucking hate her too! Don't get me wrong, I'd happily disappoint her in bed for all of eternity because she's hot as fuck, but I want to punch her in the face too.

Malkav

French Madman
I'll watch pretty much anything with Kristen Bell in it, but even still I'm enjoying it, and am happily surprised that it actually has a fairly interesting season arc going. That neighbor chick, Tehani or something like that, is perfectly cast. She's so perfect and mannered that I fucking hate her too! Don't get me wrong, I'd happily disappoint her in bed for all of eternity because she's hot as fuck, but I want to punch her in the face too.

Haha yes.

-"I know he has a vow of silence, but I looove to talk. :("
-"Yes, yes you do."

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
This is great, echo the love for Kristen Bell, and the cast is well done.

Cybsled Cybsled Defending your Life. Great movie, Albert Brooks is a genius.

This is a well done (so far) entry in the afterlife genre of TV/Movies.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I liked the first part of the two package show... The second part was completely Meh. I'll watch the 3rd episode tonight and see if that changes again. The first 30 minutes were rock solid. The flying episode wasn't funny in the slightest. It reminded me of laughing hysterically while watching Anchorman, and then they had that love making sequence and I sat in awe of how stupid that was.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
"Excuse me maam but do you have time to talk about the environment?"

"ummm...Do you have time to eat my farts?"

No idea why but that line is the funniest thing I ever heard.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Wasn't there a movie from the 80s that was like the plot of this? Trial of your Life or something like that. Guy dies and he is basically in an afterlife "limbo"...basically is like normal life, but can eat/drink whatever and not get full/drunk. But he has to go on trial and if he loses, his soul is reincarnated and he forgets his past life, but if he wins, he keeps who he is and moves onto the next plane of existence.

You're thinking of Defending Your Life with Al Brooks and Meryl Streep. Think it was 90s though

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
"Excuse me maam but do you have time to talk about the environment?"

"ummm...Do you have time to eat my farts?"

No idea why but that line is the funniest thing I ever heard.

Yeah that is where I busted my gut laughing. As she throws the coffee cup on the ground and he mentions something, and she says, "You're so horny for the environment. Pick it up and toss it in the trash"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
You're thinkibng of Defending Your Life with Al Brooks and Meryl Streep. Think it was 90s though

Yup. 1991. Once of my favorite movies when I was a kid.

The Idea of eating anything you want all the time was soooooooo fucking amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
TV show information provided by The Movie Database