The Grand Budapest Hotel

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I love, LOVE Wes Anderson movies...I mean I even have a Zissou avatar, but I just couldn't get into the Grand Budapest for some reason. I guess I need to rewatch it since it gets such favorable reviews, maybe I was just having a bad day when I saw it.
That's how I felt about Moonrise Kingdom. It was probably my least favorite Anderson movie. Grand Budapest is probably middle of the pack.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's how I felt about Moonrise Kingdom. It was probably my least favorite Anderson movie. Grand Budapest is probably middle of the pack.
Odd, normally heard everyone talk about how much they loved it. Obviously fan favorite has to be Royal Tenenbaums and Least Dajeeling the worst. Fox was just awesome

Ash cracked me up

Homsar

Robbery scene on the cold storage in bottle rocket was incredible, I had to watch that crap again

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
tumblr_m7mrx6wDX71rvn6njo1_500.gif

Homsar

Now I feel like spending a couple hours and watching that movie gah, oddly I normally dont care for stop animation unless it was Harryhausen stuff. Never fell in love with Nightmare, James and the Giant Peach, Corpse bride, 3d was always cool on some of them though

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Darjeeling was made for the late 20s/ Early 30s guy who is trying to figure shit out and grow into real manhood. Its appeal is very narrow. Because you also need to be a 20 or 30 something who can get into the setting..and his style. Which I respect. He did that same narrowness in moonrise with the kids. Moonrise should have had a ton more Oscar buzz than it got. Old voters hate kids I guess...and the 3rd act dragged a little. Its hard to rank Wes Andersons movies, so I file them under their best aspects.

Darjeeling is his best setting and tone
Life Aquatic is his funniest and was really ambitious.
Rushmore is the perfect movie for its time. (My favorite)
Tenenbaums is just perfect...but the paltow factor. She could have done better. But good god the Hackman.
Bottle rocket is a great opening statement.
Moonrise is great but has last act problems.
I kinda dislike Mr Fox.
and one day I may get a free minute to watch this damn movie so it can blow the rest out of the water for me.

Homsar

Have to give Wes credit, he is kinda like Tarantino where he has his own unique style and has yet to make a bad film and taken on different shit like Kill Bill/Mr Fox

Death Proof was a big let down though

radditsu

Have to give Wes credit, he is kinda like Tarantino where he has his own unique style and has yet to make a bad film and taken on different shit like Kill Bill/Mr Fox
Tarantinos best movie is jackie brown. Think about it.

Homsar

I havent seen that movie since it came out and cant remember much of it

joz123

Potato del Grande
I always remember the mall they filmed at for Jackie Brown because I shopped there all the time when I lived in SoCal. It is Del Amo Fashion Center in Torrance and it used to be good till they bulldozed most of it and ruined everything. Jackie Brown is just under the Kill Bill movies for my favorites of Tarantino.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I liked Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction almost the same, but for different reasons. Pulp Fiction was just so different when it came out that the impression it made smacked you upside the head and the list of memorable moments is a long one. Jackie Brown is, to me, his most cohesive film. He managed to go start to finish without over-Tarantinoing it (which he's getting worse at as time goes on), so I give it an ever so slight nod over Pulp.

Homsar

I think its pretty much like Wes Anderson, Reservoir Dogs is still my favorite. Kill bill I never cared to watch again except for Lucy Liu

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If you liked Jackie Brown you have to watch Life of Crime

Life of Crime (2013) - IMDb

It is basically a prequel.

I am not sure which Anderson movie I like best. The one I rewatch the most is Fantastic Mr Fox, but I have kids so that has something to do with it. Tarantino's best movie is Pulp Fiction, hands down. Other opinions are simply wrong.

radditsu

If you liked Jackie Brown you have to watch Life of Crime

Life of Crime (2013) - IMDb

It is basically a prequel.

I am not sure which Anderson movie I like best. The one I rewatch the most is Fantastic Mr Fox, but I have kids so that has something to do with it. Tarantino's best movie is Pulp Fiction, hands down. Other opinions are simply wrong.

Surely you jest. It was the last time he had ever restrained a performance. Inglorious made even the restraint excess...but its a good film.

Anyway this is about Wes Anderson. Sorry if i began a shit derail