The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gillian Anderson has aged well. She is still smoking for 46 years old!

Never knew she had the British accent either.

Interesting segment on the trucks. I'd love to know how much fuel Jeremy blew through revving the tits off that thing the whole way up the mountain.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the new Raptor will have a modified version of Ecoboost V6 rumored to be at ~450hp. That is all well and good for a stock engine, but I can't help but think it severly hinders the aftermarket. Lots of companies offered blown versions of the old V8 producing massive HP. To get that Ecoboost V6 to the same power levels? I think it will simply not be mechanically reliable enough for those 600hp+ numbers without major modifications (expensive).

God damn tree hugging hippies.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
You're gonna get all the good stuff at much lower RPM's with the Ecoboost. How many people actually get modified versions of the Raptor engine for it to matter?

The only big difference I see is people not liking the sound of a turbo V6 compared to a V8.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People who have 60k to throw at a pick up truck, usually have money to modify them.

My point being, I think it's going to be a hell of a lot more difficult to get the same modified numbers with that Ecoboost V6 than the older V8.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gillian Anderson was having so much fun, it was infectious.

People always go on about how they hate American cars, but almost every single time they actually drive them they fall in love. Folks have the narrative in their heads and ignore that the results are overwhelmingly positive in the end.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
People who have 60k to throw at a pick up truck, usually have money to modify them.

My point being, I think it's going to be a hell of a lot more difficult to get the same modified numbers with that Ecoboost V6 than the older V8.
I don't think it's going to be that much more difficult. The same engine will be in the GT that comes out that year. They're claiming it'll have around 600hp from the factory. Seems like there should be plenty of potential for the aftermarket. The Raptor's is gonna be set up to to produce a crazy amount of torque to go along with that 450hp.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I fucking lost it when Clarkson was driving along, constantly turning the huge light on and off to annoy James. It's times like that when they're doing stuff just to fuck with each other that the show is at it's best.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Porsche super hybrid is cool as fuck. Then came the McLaren and Ferrari ones and we're all HOLY SHIT!

Koenigsegg was like "LOL".

The Koenigsegg Regera is the 1,500bhp king of the Geneva Motor Show | The Verge

Koenigsegg Regera is 1800bhp of mad - BBC Top Gear

1q5TzXL.jpg

Near 250 MPH, 1,500+ HP.

Fucking Koenigsegg...

An album

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Koenigseggisseggggnignigsegigisegggnigseggniggsegg really doesn't fuck around. Love those mad bastards, them and Pagani are really carrying on the crazy hypercar tradition.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just started watching it, but holy shit the sun visor on that Jaguar blew my mind. Why aren't sun visors like that the standard for all cars? It makes way more sense. You can see through the fucking thing...

It's sad how something so small and stupid blows my mind like this.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
just caught up again on 5 episodes over 2 days. my streaming site has been down for like a month. in those last 5 episodes the ambulance challenge is still my favorite with the mountain rescue a close second. the raptor is a hell of a truck.

i dont think hammond spent 4 days up there. i also doubt hammond and his crew were very stranded as when jeremy and may were driving up there there were already some clearing ahead of them so there was snow plowing going on. i will say he spent at least a night up there, maybe two.

gilliann anderson is a hot cougar, but her laugh may be a deal breaker. if anyone remembers the old tv show Dark Shadows, she has an Angelique laugh. which is bad.

the La Ferrari is a damned beast from hell and i predict it will destroy the other cars. those transparent sun visors are made commercially and you can pick them up on the aftermarket.
Amazon.com: Easy View XT Visor - As Seen on TV: Automotive

oh i really must be out of the loop because other than will smith and gillian anderson i really had no idea who those other celebs were.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Forget those little rally cars. There's no truck I want to drive more than this thing!