The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Not sure if this is for real yet, but it sounds like it could be legit

*edit* several news sites are reporting it now

The BBC has suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson "following a fracas" with a producer. The Corporation said the show will not be broadcast this Sunday.

Clarkson was put on what was called his final warning last year following a racism row after claims that he used the n-word while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny Moe during filming of the BBC2 programme.

..."No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday. The BBC will be making no further comment at this time."
Jeremy Clarkson suspended from Top Gear - Telegraph

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i like how they insinuate that he was suspended for saying something racist. and he never said anything racist when he did eeny meeny miny moe. if they boot clarkson, then im done with that show. i like hammond and may, but they are not the lynchpin of the series. clarkson needs to put feelers out for a new network. id watch a car show with just him.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I'm done without Clarkson. He's by far the best part of the show. Hammond and May have good chemistry with him, but I've never cared to watch their own little solo projects.

Ugh, this also means our Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren race will never happen.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
July 2008: Drink-driving
BBC bosses told Clarkson off for supping a gin and tonic while behind the wheel of a pick-up truck

November 2008: Lorry drivers
With reference to Peter Sutcliffe, the Yorkshire Ripper, Clarkson joked on the show about how lorry drivers "murder prostitutes"

February 2009: Gordon Brown
The then prime minister was dismissed as a "one-eyed Scottish idiot" during a press conference in Australia.

October 2009: Black Muslim Lesbians
Clarkson said that the BBC was obsessed with hiring black, Muslim lesbians to counter the number of white heterosexuals in its ranks.

July 2010: Burkas and lingerie
During a Top Gear discussion on distractions while driving: ?Honestly, the burka doesn?t work. I was in a cab in Piccadilly the other day when a woman in a full burka crossing the road in front of me tripped over the pavement, went head over heels and up it came, red g-string and stockings.?

August 2010: Special needs
Clarkson referred to a Ferrari as 'special needs' and a 'simpleton' as a way of giving it a bad review.

February 2011: Mexico
Clarkson sparked a diplomatic incident, and was forced to apologise to the Mexican ambassador

January 2012: India
Viewers complained about Clarkson's provocative remarks concerning the country's clothing, trains, food and history.

May 2014: The 'N'-word
Clarkson was forced into a apology after appearing to mumble the word as he sang a nursery rhyme on Top Gear.

July 2014: Slope
Ofcom said he had breached their guidelines, when he referred to an Asian person as a 'slope',

October 2014: Falklands
Jeremy Clarkson caused offence this time by driving through Argentina using a number plate apparently referring to the Falklands War.
I hate the political correctness of today. Biggest one is the drunk driving thing, but that should be put into context as well, if they were in a closed off area, if the car was moving or if he was doing it for the lulz. The Argentina part is somewhat understandable, but that was not done on purpose according to the team and the production company. The rest are ridiculous issues that should not have been issues, only showcasing that it is becoming close to illegal to "offend"/make fun of public figures, corporations or religions. Three entities that we should specifically be able to make fun of.

As to the current issue, unsure of how serious it is considering it is only affecting the TV part tied to BBC and not the Top Gear production as a whole. Already confirmed here in Norway that Top Gear Live in the end of march will also include Jeremy.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
As to the current issue, unsure of how serious it is considering it is only affecting the TV part tied to BBC and not the Top Gear production as a whole. Already confirmed here in Norway that Top Gear Live in the end of march will also include Jeremy.
That was done on purpose, and was completely legal at the time as they were in "International Waters" and was the whole point.

Either Clarkson's ego has become simply immense and unreasonable, or the BBC is filled with complete retards.

Leaning toward the BBC being completely fucking retarded however, based on that list.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Officially no-one at the BBC or Top Gear is supposed to talk about what happened, but the whispering is that Clarkson threw a punch (and missed) and whoever he attacked made a formal complaint.

Slightly off-topic but the MD at one of my old companies was a car nut and tried to hire him for an evening, he wanted $30k and would only do it "if he didn't have to talk to anyone." Nice work if you can get it.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
July 2008: Drink-driving
BBC bosses told Clarkson off for supping a gin and tonic while behind the wheel of a pick-up truck

November 2008: Lorry drivers
With reference to Peter Sutcliffe, the Yorkshire Ripper, Clarkson joked on the show about how lorry drivers "murder prostitutes"

February 2009: Gordon Brown
The then prime minister was dismissed as a "one-eyed Scottish idiot" during a press conference in Australia.

October 2009: Black Muslim Lesbians
Clarkson said that the BBC was obsessed with hiring black, Muslim lesbians to counter the number of white heterosexuals in its ranks.

July 2010: Burkas and lingerie
During a Top Gear discussion on distractions while driving: ?Honestly, the burka doesn?t work. I was in a cab in Piccadilly the other day when a woman in a full burka crossing the road in front of me tripped over the pavement, went head over heels and up it came, red g-string and stockings.?

August 2010: Special needs
Clarkson referred to a Ferrari as 'special needs' and a 'simpleton' as a way of giving it a bad review.

February 2011: Mexico
Clarkson sparked a diplomatic incident, and was forced to apologise to the Mexican ambassador

January 2012: India
Viewers complained about Clarkson's provocative remarks concerning the country's clothing, trains, food and history.

May 2014: The 'N'-word
Clarkson was forced into a apology after appearing to mumble the word as he sang a nursery rhyme on Top Gear.

July 2014: Slope
Ofcom said he had breached their guidelines, when he referred to an Asian person as a 'slope',

October 2014: Falklands
Jeremy Clarkson caused offence this time by driving through Argentina using a number plate apparently referring to the Falklands War.
SO much of that shit is completely out of context! Drink driving? He was in a truck in THE ARCTIC!

During the show's Polar special at the end of series nine, Jeremy Clarkson was shown drinking gin and tonic while driving through an ice field in the Arctic. Despite the producers' and Clarkson's claims that they were in international waters at the time, the BBC Trust found that the scene could "glamorise the misuse of alcohol", and that the scene "was not editorially justified in the context of a family show pre-watershed".
Same shit with eeny-miney-moe.. it wasn't even what was airing! It was him speaking to himself rehearsing the lines before the camera was rolling.

Fucking PC bullshit these days.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So not sure how the pay is on the BBC compared to the US, my assumption is he's now 'independently wealthy' and could do whatever if he wanted?

Also: my opinion is that Top Gear is single handedly responsible for inflating the supercar/hypercar market. Most rich people probably wouldn't even give a fuck if their 2.1M car didn't give brand recognition to the plebes. Driving a white Veyron around Scottsdale on 35 MPH roads is a pointless unless people know it isn't just a Stay-Puft advert.

Goatface

last time i saw, clarkson made around 3-4mil per year and a few years ago sold his share of the show for like $12m

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
"It was all over a catering issue. Jeremy just saw red and hit the assistant producer, who he blamed for not having organised the food."

The Daily Mirror quoted a source saying: "They came to the end of filming after a long day and Jeremy discovered that no food had been laid on. He just saw red and hit the assistant producer, who he blamed for not having organised the food. He snapped."

A source close to Clarkson insisted he was innocent and that "he didn't punch anyone".
Jeremy Clarkson suspended after 'punching Top Gear producer in row over catering' - Telegraph

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What I don't get is that they are stopping the next 3 episodes from being aired.

What the fuck??

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
because clarkson is on suspension for at least the next 3 weeks it means they cant broadcast the studio stuff, yeah maybe they wanted to toss may and hammond in there to take up the slack, but somebody over there realizes it would be pointless. i also like to think clarkson, may and hammond are RL friends and richard and james wouldnt stab jeremy in the back like that so they refused to do the show without him.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was just reading something and it brought up a good point about how much money the BBC will end up having to pay affiliates and distributors for the missing episodes. It's kind of a hazard of being in so many countries I'd say.

Goatface

one of the news places was saying, would be a "refund" of near 20% of the fees paid, plus other costs
unless the affiliates take BBC up on their offer to show "previously unavailable in their market content"

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
Clarkson isn't pg rated, he completely lacks a shut up filter. And that is what i like about him. We can't joke about anything without someone going all up in arms and being offended. Lighten the fuck up. Clarkson can come off as a total asshole tothe easily offended and that is exactly why we like him, because it makes him totally unpredictable. Also, 30k and not talk to anyone? That is his way of saying fuck you, i have enough money not to do that shit.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm pretty sure he doesn't care. BBC and Clarkson and kind of dependent on each other at this point. They need Clarkson to make the show what it is, he needs the BBC to cut thru the red tape and make all the stuff happen that he couldn't get done if he did a similar show not tied to the BBC. I believe he pretty much came from money to begin with, I think his family was the Paddington bear family or whatever it's called.

jeremy-clarkson-piers-morgan-fb-post.jpg