The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I think Richard just wanted to do a stunt, and that was the best he/the producers could come up with.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Man, that Margot Robbie is fucking smoking. Kinda reminds me of Jaime Pressly, just younger

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man, that Margot Robbie is fucking smoking. Kinda reminds me of Jaime Pressly, just younger
Since I first saw her in Wolf of Wall Street, I stand by my statement that she is the hottest woman ever put on film. Absolute 10 / 10 for me!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If I had terminal cancer, I'd use my Make a Wish to drive The Ferrari.

I feel bad for May that it was still wet on that track. Seriously though, I still contend that those 3 have the best job on the planet.

Pretty fucking annoyed by Ferrari and McLaren's bullshit. I wanted them to be compared.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Peugeot bit was absolutely hilarious.

It took them a really long time to get a Veyron on the track, hopefully it's not as bad with the Ferrari and McLaren.

Fadaar

That guy
I do agree with what they said about the Porsche being the most track friendly. Lap times if I had to guess would be LaFerrari first, 918 second , P1 third. Though to be honest I could see all three coming in any order. Wouldn't be surprised when they do actually get them on the track if there's a 0.1 second or less difference between all three. Also glad to see the Stingray put up such a great lap time for the price of the car, I might actually see about taking mine out to a track to dick around now. The Stingray was barely slower than an older GT-R and AMG Roadster, equaled the times put up by the Lambo Murcielago and Ferrari 599 GTO, and faster than the Audi R8 and Lexus LFA. I really really want to see the lap time for the Z06 now. Have a feeling it'd be up there with the Koenigsegg CCX and Pagani Zonda.

As for the episode itself, that part with them ripping on the French holy shit I was almost in tears. The actual Peugeot driving part? Eh, didn't find it that entertaining. Last 15 minutes was very meh.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

It took them a really long time to get a Veyron on the track, hopefully it's not as bad with the Ferrari and McLaren.
I'm not super framilar with Peugot cars as they aren't sold in Canada. Was this all hilarious because the steering radius's on the cars were shit? It just looked like they picked two random used Peugots and drove like idiots in them. I couldn't figure out if the cars are really that bad, or if it was mostly show.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They were insinuating that Renault drivers are elderly people who are as clueless about quality cars are they are in their driving skill.

As someone who lived in the UK for 6 years, I concur.

As for the 3 supercars on the test track, I worry that each will give their consent at varying times and track conditions will not be anywhere near the same. I HATE that some of the great cars are forced to do their laps on a wet track. Completely fucking pointless in my opinion.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Basically their assertion is that recent model Peugeot cars are total shit and only people completely clueless about cars would buy them. So they were acting like what they see typical Peugeot drivers as. Clueless idiots who can't figure out the most basic shit and drive terribly.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it's cars for elderly people or soccer moms that can't handle/can't afford SUV's. Not that they're bad cars, they're just really, really boring.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damn, I mean I can appreciate that new La Ferrari or whatever, but I dunno - I still favor the P1 a little more; i'm just weird. The La Ferrari body design just looks too, I dunno, over the top for me?

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>

I was dying when the car caught on fire, I know its scripted but just the way Jeremy was so dead pan, and I've never even seen a Peugeot in my life.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I owned a totally rad Peugeot bike when I was a kid. It was dope as fuck until it got stolen. Looked exactly like this.

img_5557_lg.jpg

As for the hybrid hypercars, I kind of lean towards the P1 as well. Though I'm sure the Porsche would actually be the best to own and use regularly.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Now that's how an episode of Top Gear is supposed to go! That Stingray time was pretty badass, but even the Cayman GTS time was impressive. I mean, it's essentially a Cayman with slightly more power and a limited slip diff, right? And it's faster than all kinds of older stuff as well.

I like what they did regarding the hybrid supercars bit. Basically, they were getting the runaround from Ferrari and McLaren. So, how about we call them out BIG TIME in front of 350 million people, or whatever Top Gear rates these days. The amount of people -really important people- who will now call and complain to the 2 factories will be crazy. And some of those callers will have serious juice. Like, ability to call in an air strike juice. Or ability to freeze all your bank accounts on the down low juice. Kudos to the boys for that one. EDIT: Also, I'll be surprised if any of those things beat the Huayra. Active aero > big horsepower.

Then the last bit was pretty funny as well. I'm trying to think of an american equivalent to french car drivers in the UK... old buick drivers maybe? Anyone driving a crown vic/town car who isn't a cop?

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I did feel odd watching the Peugeot segment. As I drive one, but felt relieved that they've reviewed my car and liked it.

But I just know people are going to paint me with the same brush. The comedy section was a bit overdone too.

I like the LaFerrari a lot, but am attached to the 918.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gillian Anderson was fucking hilarious. And that look she gave at the start of her lap...

Also had no idea she had an English accent. Can't stand her laugh though.

Fadaar

That guy
Gillian Anderson was fucking hilarious. And that look she gave at the start of her lap...

Also had no idea she had an English accent. Can't stand her laugh though.
Wasn't she US born but lived in England while younger? Same with that one chick from Walking Dead. Born in like Pennsylvania but with a British accent.